The weirdness of PoE Supporter Packs

"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Marthuk wrote:
"
tm10067 wrote:
It's generally described by the term "addiction". Online games business model revolves about that.

Geez, no need to get so serious....

Pretty sure he/she is

a) serious
b) correct

I think i know best what i meant and why i posted it. I'm not an addict looking for "advice" or "help", this was just my way of saying how much i look forward to the next expansion, because it looks awesome!
Would be nice if you could get down from your high horse and relax a bit :)
Enjoy your titles, don't worry, I could see that your post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Marthuk wrote:
So...how does it make any sense that im arguing myself out of buying whole games (AC : Origins,ME : Shadow of War and more) because they're "too expensive", yet when GGG releases new supporter packs i'm like "I'll get the 160$ Pack first and then i gotta figure out how to buy the 480$ pack without my wife noticing" without further consideration? Every time ...

I am in the exact same boat as you, Marthuk!

I ask myself this question all the time. I see a game that's $90 for the deluxe pre-order super duper mega uber mindblowing extravaganza edition with an added Z for style and I just think to myself that it's ridiculous that they ask so much for a game now. And then when PoE comes with their second annual big release, I'm ready to fork over another 480$ without a sliver of doubt.

Well, not this time at least for a while. I just had a car accident and some other things that have left me kind of questioning my needless spending. But I reckon I'll get at least the Subjugator set soonish.

About what to tell my girlfriend, well, I just tell her the truth. Works great so far. :)
Apparently the shirts also look very good on me, that helps... :3
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 17, 2017, 7:30:47 AM
I have the same feeling, but of all the games I started playing within the last year, I've played PoE the most and it's the only one I want to keep playing.

The other games I've played are one playthrough (e.g. Alien Isolation that I'm about to finish).
I played a lot of Titanfall 2 but the playerbase isn't there anymore and even then I'd play one or two games and then switch to PoE.

I'm generally fairly cheap when it comes to my hobbies, but I'm pretty happy with how much I've spent on PoE considering how much I've played - and I play fairly casually.

I'd rather give some money to GGG than Activision or EA

Edit: Also I've had a bloody awful week and wanted to treat myself
Last edited by sonicReducer on Nov 17, 2017, 8:29:50 AM
its all about taking all our money. packs are getting cheap so more and more people can buy the higher packs. people are like yes its cheaper the 1 grand packs and everyones like yes grab this deal up and with top packs being 480 or so. its like ggg saying come little lambs buy the top and just get it all.

either they are desperate for more and more ppl to buy packs bc so many more players are playing and they need it to pay employees or better servers or needing to rework the whole game bc its laggy and such or they just want all our money.

only thing next will be pay to play. its not a bad idea bc botters will have to pay per account, but then alt accounts will have to pay and there would be a lot less of money being wasted on storing information like accounts that arnt active. maybe do a import/export account file to allow them to take off non active accounts and save it to a file so it dont take up space.

idk just speculating.

but games are just wanting money its how they continue to make more and with more ppl being able to buy them everyone who is really active or buys them will and it promotes more ppl who were like um maybe now are more enticed to buy them.

so if 1 mill players buys the 480 dollar pack. thats a lot of money.
rawrawr
I've probably spent more on POE than on all other games AND consoles in my life... Help me...
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
I've probably spent more on POE than on all other games AND consoles in my life... Help me...

I feel ya. I've spent more on PoE than I spent on my car. I've also spent more on PoE in total than I do on rent annually.

:D

:|

D:

Totally worth it though. <3 you guys.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 17, 2017, 10:53:41 AM
Good question, same situation here.

For me the reason is that I think most AAA games nowadays are plain shit, most AA games too.
I want to spend my money on a game that I will enjoy for a very long time. That is this game. The theorycrafting, the builds... they may not all be viable but they are fun.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
Custom made forum avatar pictures gives some nice side-revenue to GGG as well.
Hundreds of $ depending on the quality, art style, theme.
I asked some years ago for a nice awakening related forum picture and was surprised ;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 17, 2017, 11:20:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info