VP was never the problem

"
Wanna know some real facts, not some talking-out-of-my-ass facts?

[...]

VP is not something you want in HC, that is known and backed up by statistics.

If it's the best defense, I wonder why nobody wants it in HC. Must be some idiots who don't know anything.

Berserker VP builds were very popular in HSC. Even I played some.

Source: I actually play HC

"
LaiTash wrote:
Most my builds on HC are mellee/selfcast ones, and none of them are using VP. Not even the DP zerker. Because it's very unreliable form of defence that you shouldn't take on HC unless absolutely desperate. It's a flicker strike in the world of defence - and it will kill you one day.

Your friends list wasn't all zerkers after two weeks?

And how did your 6l self casters not die to relect without VP?^^
Last edited by Sa_Re on Nov 18, 2017, 9:24:41 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"

VP is not something you want in HC, that is known and backed up by statistics.

If it's the best defense, I wonder why nobody wants it in HC. Must be some idiots who don't know anything.

Top players on HC Turmoil - Ziz and Havoc - had Vaal Pact. Their builds would be in Standard without it.

Top dawg on SSF HC Turmoil - Oskarmln - has Vaal Pact. He'd be in SSF Standard without it.

On Hardcore Harbinger, it's Vaal Pact, bitchboys, Vaal Pact, bitchboys, then some more Vaal Pact dudes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ziz also has two aurabots with 12 auras and 6 curses if i remember correctly, guess that doesn't contribute to his survivability at all...
Last edited by LaiTash on Nov 18, 2017, 9:20:50 AM
Obviously it does. He had close calls despite playing a build that offscreens and 2 bitchboys in his party. Instant leech kinda helps with those close calls, and with reflect in the game... yeah... he'd be in Standard without it.

But dont take my word for it. Go to his stream and ask him why he took Vaal Pact.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 18, 2017, 9:27:44 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Obviously it does. He had close calls, instant leech kinda helps with those, and with reflect in the game... yeah... he'd be in Standard.

But dont take my word for it. Go to his stream and ask him why he took Vaal Pact.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love how you literally say that reflect shits on attack/selfcast builds, and then still say VP is bad.

how theh ell are you going to deal with reflect going forward?
will everyone be elementalist ascendant?

VP is a glasscannon build, anyone thinking otherwise is delusional. you're squishy as fuck, you can just heal back the tons of damage you take, but it's basically a gamble, because eventually you're likely to die to a big spike, that would probably not kill a more tankier build.

people will go mjölnir kingsguard (or quite a few other builds) and still be completely immortal and facetank everything, then what will you blame?
Last edited by shaunika90 on Nov 18, 2017, 9:32:16 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Obviously it does. He had close calls, instant leech kinda helps with those, and with reflect in the game... yeah... he'd be in Standard.

Well. Yeah. With reflect in game he would. Which is rarely a problem in HC because usually we don't deal enough damage to die from it. But SC folk would never accept that way of dealing with reflect, they will just go for nonattack/nonselfcast builds.
"
shaunika90 wrote:
I love how you literally say that reflect shits on attack/selfcast builds, and then still say VP is bad.

Did you mean to reply to me or to someone else? If it's me, you misread my post.
I didnt say anything about it being good or bad. You put that statement there.

I said Zizaran and Havoc, and everyone else, took Vaal Pact for a reason. They either took it because they're bad players who dont know how to make a build or they took it cause they needed it to survive. I know which of those is true and you do too. My initial post on this subject was in response to someone who said that players in Hardcore dont take VP (bullshit) and you dont want VP in Harcore (true if you're summoner/bitchboy/rf/etc, bullshit otherwise). That's all.

Carry on, fellas!
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 18, 2017, 9:37:29 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
shaunika90 wrote:

Did you mean to reply to me or to someone else? If it's me, you misread my post.
I didnt say anything about it being good or bad. You put that statement there.

I said Zizaran and Havoc, and everyone else, took Vaal Pact for a reason. They either took it because they're bad players who dont know how to make a build or they took it cause they needed it to survive. I know which of those is true and you do too. My initial post on this subject was in response to someone who said that players in Hardcore dont take VP (bullshit) and you dont want VP in Harcore (true if you're summoner/bitchboy/rf/etc, bullshit otherwise). That's all.

Carry on, fellas!

"with reflect in the game.... he'd be in standard" that's whaat you said, implying that if not for VP he'd be dead already. that's what i replied to

and yes, obviously there's a reason they took it, if there was no reason to take vaal pact it'd be a shitty keystone, which it obviously isn't.

but still there's a reason why VP i like the seventh keystone in HC, and whether that's because most players dont play selfcast/attack or something else, is still pretty obvious that when death is final vaal pact is not even remotely close to being the best option, thus it's not the best option for survival.
Last edited by shaunika90 on Nov 18, 2017, 9:40:53 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
My initial post on this subject was in response to someone who said that players in Hardcore dont take VP (bullshit) and you dont want VP in Harcore (true if you're summoner/bitchboy/rf/etc, bullshit otherwise)

Ok let's take a look at poebuilds.

Dark pact - shows 18 people and only 7 use VP.
Cleave - 6 people, no VP. An no, not all are slayer.
Sunder - hell knows how many, no VP
Cyclone - hell knows how many, only 8 with VP
Dual strike - just 1, no VP
Flicker strike - you'd expect them to take VP all the time, but nope, the only guy who's using it has no VP
Self-cast frostbolt - 11, only 2 are using VP

Yeah there are skills that force you take VP - like frost blades or tornado shot. These are also the skills that force you to concentrate on the right side of skilldrasil with no other good defence options. And the number of people using them is underwhelming.
a thread about"vp was never the problem"

Which by going into this logic it wouldn't be missed either in its new form.

And this thing deserves 17 pages of circular logic and non-existent arguments.

Bravo.Forums can be a microcosm of people idiocy sometimes.

/rant off
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
a thread about"vp was never the problem"

Which by going into this logic it wouldn't be missed either in its new form.

And this thing deserves 17 pages of circular logic and non-existent arguments.

Bravo.Forums can be a microcosm of people idiocy sometimes.

/rant off

not by the few builds that were broken with it (like berserker) they wont miss VP that much.

builds that relied on it? (like wander for example) will quite possibly die

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info