Abyss Jewels

'Customise you character with new abyss jewels'

That word customise has me interested - MTX enabled jewels? Or am i simply reading the word customise in a way that is unintended?

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
Last bumped on Nov 17, 2017, 11:12:03 AM
im 100% sure these are just new *threshold* jewels that change certain skills dunno why u think it has anything to do with MTX

The word 'customise'.

I can customise my car by changing its colour etc, its still the same shit box car though.

The language used is ... interesting.

Cheers,
Matt
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
You can already customize your character using items, threshold jewels, ...

99.5% sure it has absolutely nothing to do with MTX. But yeah, might be just new threshold jewels, or might be sth new. Kind of hoping for threshold jewels that work for multiple skills. We will see.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
customize seems to suggest options. threshold jewels are not really optional - other than using a skill that has them or not. if you use a skill that has threshold jewels, you're basically pigeon held to actually use the jewels or else the skill sucks ass - which is why it was given the jewels.

so the words customize i'd say, if it is threshold jewels i'd have to agree with char1983 and think that its an effect that is used over multiple skills, and theres a bunch of them thus presenting you with options.

honestly though i'd hate for the whole league to revolve around jewels, depending on how they're implemented. why? because that forces you to get jewel sockets in order to use them, which also would hardcap how many you could use
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 16, 2017, 9:08:10 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
if you use a skill that has threshold jewels, you're basically pigeon held to actually use the jewels or else the skill sucks ass - which is why it was given the jewels.

Siege Ballista threshold jewels confirmed?
maybe it could be a give/take thing? Like say 25% less attack speed + 25% more attack damage? things where u have a tradeoff so depending on your build you might care less about this particular downside but love the up side, and the next guy would never use that jewel, but hes really into this other jewel instead thats terrible for 90% of builds but crazy good for him?

random thoughts.
Not all threshold jewels are mandatory.
Shattered Chains comes to mind.
Summoning more skeletons with a skill cooldown isn't automatically better, either.
Though of course the skill should, on average, be better with the jewel, it's not like you just activate the jewel on the skill - you need to path to a jewel slot, and forgo a different jewel.
I'd definitely be in favour of threshold jewels that have actual interesting effects. That change how or for what the skill is used. Doesn't need to be limited to skills, of course.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info