BOMBIES EVERYWHERE!! (WftA skills discussion) [Updated with 11/27 News Post Info!]

Volatile Dead does seem like a pretty excellent option for CWC shenans. Cremation less so, CWC would quickly start overriding your three-geyser limit. Assuming the geyser takes a few tics to run through its explosion animation and finish forming before it starts spitting fire, I'd figure you'd want to self-cast that so they stuck around long enough to do their thing. Elsewise you start losing too much DPS.

Scorch CWC Volatile Dead, however, sounds like a great deal of fun. Easy to scale both skills, easy to let the one build on the other. Even if my last two and a half league starters have been variants on some manner of Scorch CWC build...blugh. I'm starting to sense a comfort zone I need to get out of.
I forgot you can't have infinite amount of geysers and there is a limit. Volatile Dead here I go. (unless amount of geysers change with lvl of a gem by a lot)
Sorry dude -

I had the same I idea, then I had a closer look at the skill gem wording.

Unearth - Maximum of 7 corpses allowed.

I wanted to try a Slithertongue + Unearth combo (50% bleed chance) with GMP + LMP + Volley just for the corpse generation, and then throw in a Vaal Detonate Dead just for gits and shiggles...

Oh well, looks like its gonna be a Volley+GMP+LMP Tornado Shot for what ... stupid amounts of arrows?

Cheers,
Matt
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
essemoni wrote:
Sorry dude -

I had the same I idea, then I had a closer look at the skill gem wording.

Unearth - Maximum of 7 corpses allowed.

I wanted to try a Slithertongue + Unearth combo (50% bleed chance) with GMP + LMP + Volley just for the corpse generation, and then throw in a Vaal Detonate Dead just for gits and shiggles...

Oh well, looks like its gonna be a Volley+GMP+LMP Tornado Shot for what ... stupid amounts of arrows?

Cheers,
Matt

Given the nature of VDD, you're generally always best using that as a Desecrate > Trap > Multiple Traps > Cluster Trap, treating the whole assemblage as a one-two punch with VDD. Which is sort of a clusterfisk so yeah. I've never seen the point in devoting two full 4Ls to VDD + DeseCrombo.

Heh...of course, the real humdinger will be what happens if you have a really fast-casting Unearth, trigger VDD, then continue to chain bodies into VDD as fast as it can chain-detonate them. Will it be possible to use something like Faster Casting > Echo > Mad Cast Speed in tree/gear > Unearth to sustain a single VDD chain-boom for as long as your mana holds out?I don't think it would work, or be reliable if it did, but if it does, my GOD the YouTube videos you could make...
I consider going with Volatile dead and traps
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Im actually really looking forward to the volatile dead skill, and can see a few interesting ways to build around it. Eg cwdt desecrate to always have plenty of corpses. Or using that helm (forgot the name) that uses skills with 100 mana is used (again, desecrate + any of the new skills that create corpses). Or make a hiltless build for the cwdt. Or a cast on melee kill build (imagine this skill with earthquake...)
Desecrate is difficult to use with cwdt.
For one, it has limited uses with a cooldown.
Also, it seems to have a small delay, or at least I remember that being the case when I used it in a cwdt + offering a few leagues ago.
Clearly cast before the offering, yet it's corpses weren't consumed.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I'm also tossing around the idea of a Scold's Bodyswap build. Assuming you can get the mana cost high enough (should be easy) attach Unearth to a CwDT, then just self-cast Bodyswap (maybe use a move skill to trigger the initial corpse or something?) and then have a slightly slower, faux Flicker effect but with explosions. The only thing is you'd have to pay attention to when you're no longer hitting creeps for leech purposes, since unlike Flicker, you'll still be able to use your skill regardless of the presence of enemies.
Super fast cast speed.
Dual wands.

1) Unearth + LMP + some stuff
2) Bodyswap + spell echo + fast cast + some other supports

It will be like flicker without the frenzy req
"
MBata wrote:
Super fast cast speed.
Dual wands.

1) Unearth + LMP + some stuff
2) Bodyswap + spell echo + fast cast + some other supports

It will be like flicker without the frenzy req

That sounds interesting but also somehow super risky. I don't know what or why, but something in my brain is telling me to put the brakes on that idea. It'll be interesting to see play out either way though, I'd just advise having a backup plan.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info