VP finally changed, can we please have more details?

I'm not arguing that Roots+IR is stronger than AR+EVA because that depends on the build. For many melee chars, "cannot be stunned" is a must have for me.

e: Also I would never say that Roots+IR alone is enough of a defensive layer.

"
sidtherat wrote:
that phys damage you 'trivialize' bites you in the ass once it is agumented/converted with elements.

Maybe in triple ele red maps or with no other defences like block and/or leech.

"
sidtherat wrote:
plus you eat your own reflect 100% of the time

For phys attackers where attack speed is the main dps source, high armor works very well. Same with phys spells. Also I like RT builds where Eva does nothing against reflect.

"
sidtherat wrote:
IR and US are well designed keystones because the drawbacks (and these are harsh) are not obvious yet very very build impacting in the long run

Agreed.

"
sidtherat wrote:
not being able to evade attacks (US/Kaom's Roots) is a suicide in some cases. fav example - porcupines. pop them all at once in a 'extra X% damage as lightning' and you are done

Again, without block and/or leech that's true. If you play reckless in such a map you prolly deserve the RIP though.

"
sidtherat wrote:
Stibnite + IR work well but only for stationary face-hug melee characters (50% evasion from blind) but once you leave the cloud - you are pretty much dead

Never really fiddled with stibnites. If I understand it right enemies are only blinded when they are within the cloud, not a few seconds after they leave? That sounds indeed too situational.

Last edited by Sa_Re on Nov 18, 2017, 6:36:34 AM
Playing WITHOUT stun immunity in several cases on a melee build can and will be suicide as well (Alluring Abyss, a huge pack of vaal constructs shooting projectiles at you getting you stunned to death instantly comes to my mind). It always depends on the build/situation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info