VP finally changed, can we please have more details?

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Don't worry. I bet you'll be able to buy your Atziri's Acuity legacy version for billions of exalts in Standard... sigh.

Atziri's Acuity buff/nerf so far have been retroactive, as in, existing items are affected, so the gloves does not have a legacy version unless there was a changed on the other stats, IIRC, has not happen yet.

Also, I wish I had that many exalts, the most I got is 13 (and it is thanks to a few players in my friend list that were kind enough to give me some exalts since they rarely ever play permanent standard) and I spend a lot more than I sell since I made so many builds in this game. It is hard to hoard when you keeping making new builds. lol

Yes, you're right. :)

I'm just still salty over the fact legacy gear exists in the first place. Not because I don't have it, I do, but because of the impact it has on any hopes of item balance.

This change to VP is amazing. This next league will be very interesting as a result.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I wonder how will they change Acuities. I bet it will be something like Leech rate per second is doubled on critical strike. Well this will make them trash, especially considering they are the hardest unique in the game to get.

As for the change to Vaal Pact, even though i liked the nod, if they remove reflect along with it i will take it any time.

Edit: If you stack the new Vaal Pact with Slayer it will even more op than the current version.
Last edited by astraph on Nov 17, 2017, 2:53:15 AM
"
astraph wrote:
I wonder how will they change Acuities. I bet it will be something like Leech rate per second is doubled on critical strike. Well this will make them trash, especially considering they are the hardest unique in the game to get.

As for the change to Vaal Pact, even though i liked the nod, if they remove reflect along with it i will take it any time.

Of course reflect won't be removed, haha.

Reflect is there to keep you from making glass cannon million DPS builds. Now that instant leech is gone, all those builds are completely useless. Builders rejoice. We have a new challenge ahead of us: making actual builds, instead of "different nodes around VP".

This is the most exciting change in a long time.

Edit: Slayer will change. They can't do this and not change Slayer, unless they put VP on the upper right of the tree, above EB. But being so close to duelist start, I can't imagine they would leave Slayer in current form. He would be a god amongst mortals like we've never seen before.

Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 17, 2017, 3:00:51 AM
Then how to counter REFLECT?
With high DPS if there are no instant leech you die, and doesn't matter how high your leech speed is!
20% reflected damage (elemental), with 75% resistance it is 5%.

Even with 80% reduced reflected damage you get 1%.
1 million DPS > 10 000 Reflected damage!
Standard max leech cap is 20% per second. With double it is 40%.

Even if we have 7k HP pool with 80% reduced reflected damage and DOUBLE max leech rate = WE STILL DIE TO REFLECT.
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
With high DPS if there are no instant leech you die, and doesn't matter how high your leech speed is!

Even if we have 7k HP pool with 80% reduced reflected damage and DOUBLE max leech rate = WE STILL DIE TO REFLECT.

Simple. You up your defenses, armour, evasion, dodge, life, energy shield, regen, leech, resistances along with your damage or suffer the consequences. Ah... finally.

With the old VP, DPS wasn't any problem. You could realistically have 20 million DPS and still survive on a 10k life pool, as long as your hits were small enough. (Cyclone for example) It was all about life pool vs hit damage when dealing with reflect, which made it so flipping overpowered.

Now with the new VP, it's about DPS vs HPS (heal per second), because it is no longer instant. DPS now becoming a factor in this brings really big problems to the board for builds that relied on VP's instant leech, which is I would guestimate 60% of Harbinger league's builds. And that number is only that "low" because the summoner meta doesn't use leech or VP.

So now in order to balance your build, you will finally have to "pay" for your damage in defenses. Be it mitigation, EHP pool or otherwise, you'll need also enough sustain to heal back the incoming damage or, you know, get out of the way of things like you should.

If you're hoping you'll be able to facetank everything still in 3.1, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I can finally see a future where there will be balance between offenses and defenses. RIP clearspeed meta, RIP in pepperonis.

Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 17, 2017, 6:04:43 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
CBEToffOP wrote:

Simple. You up your defenses, armour, evasion, dodge, life, energy shield, regen, leech, resistances along with your damage or suffer the consequences. Ah... finally.

Wut? You do NONE of that. You take Yugul pantheon and you use the anti-reflect ring. If you invest points into armor, evasion, dodge, yeeaaaah, time to buy those regret orbs and use them.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
CBEToffOP wrote:

Wut? You do NONE of that. You take Yugul pantheon and you use the anti-reflect ring. If you invest points into armor, evasion, dodge, yeeaaaah, time to buy those regret orbs and use them.

Yeah... and you'll die because your DPS grossly overpowers your HPS. I think you massively underestimate the power of instant leech. I've done some calculations, but don't take my word for it. You will simply see what I mean in 3.1.

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
I do not mind the VP nerf just as long as Atziri's Acuity also get a nerf since that glove is BiS as it is, if nothing else is changed (highly doubt it, but this is what we aware right now) once 3.1 hits.

Also, I do hope GGG tone down the damage in endgame maps to an extent since they already buffed up the HP of the map bosses (excluding the guardians, shaper, and Atziri I think) making them a lot more tedious to deal with and better off skipping. I doubt this will happen, but I will have to wait and see.

Don't worry. I bet you'll be able to buy your Atziri's Acuity legacy version for billions of exalts in Standard... sigh.

yeeey, i will be rich!
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
link to video?
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
CBEToffOP wrote:

Slayer/Elementalist/Ascendant + Soul of Yugul +

100% reflect resistance means you wont give a shit about reflect. You can even punch Atziri in her mirror.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 17, 2017, 10:41:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info