So, Vaal pact nerf?

"
Shppy wrote:

Common sense. Don't get me wrong, I know that's something that can't reliably be expected these days out of... pretty much anyone. But a man can dream... a man can dream.

It is common sense, but every time I expected GGG will rebalance something cause common sense - they didnt do anything.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 16, 2017, 5:53:30 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
you can play fast and aggressive without vaal pact, literally the only thing you need it for is standing still in front of shaper and holding down your mouse button till the fight is over. Hopefully that isnt possible any more, if it is something else needs nerfed.

This is probably the stupidest thing I've read today. There is no way to play fast and wreck things in melee range at the moment unless you have vaal pact or acuity. Espeically with reflect mobs spawning ontop of you when you clear. Leech without vaal pact is dead, it gives you absolutely nothing.
You can play aggressive without VP but you're going to die anything you sneeze on a reflect pack or more than 1 monster hits you at the same time.

Look what happened to this build after it could no longer leech instantly:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745340/page/324

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 16, 2017, 5:59:04 PM
I am actually glad for VP change however I don't like the new position. Leech as a sustain mechanic seems to me more thematically fit for an assassin archetype with a low defenses and high damage. I don't understand why they decided to place VP near the class which already have so much leech support. Duelist also has easy access to all life flask nodes and the Slayer already provides partial reflect protection so yeah...

Anyway if so many players so desperately needs leech for every build they are playing, maybe the problem is somewhere else.
Last edited by Langhun on Nov 16, 2017, 6:02:23 PM
"
omgMajk wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
you can play fast and aggressive without vaal pact, literally the only thing you need it for is standing still in front of shaper and holding down your mouse button till the fight is over. Hopefully that isnt possible any more, if it is something else needs nerfed.

This is probably the stupidest thing I've read today. There is no way to play fast and wreck things in melee range at the moment unless you have vaal pact or acuity. Espeically with reflect mobs spawning ontop of you when you clear. Leech without vaal pact is dead, it gives you absolutely nothing.

Then this is probably the stupidest thing *I've* read today, because I've done just that with plenty of melee builds and I haven't used VP for years. 20+% max life recovery per second is nothing? Tell that to regen builds.

Yeah, there's some rough patches. Yeah, reflect is something to watch out for (but easier to deal with than ever with Yugul, especially since that stacks additively with fortify). Occasionally you'll get a strong magic pack. Big deal, it's a game, there's supposed to be some obstacles to make you attempt the slightest bit of strategy.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 16, 2017, 6:04:02 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
"
omgMajk wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Then this is probably the stupidest thing *I've* read today, because I've done just that with plenty of melee builds and I haven't used VP for years. 20+% max life recovery per second is nothing? Tell that to regen builds.

Yeah, there's some rough patches. Yeah, reflect is something to watch out for (but easier to deal with than ever with Yugul, especially since that stacks additively with fortify). Occasionally you'll get a strong magic pack. Big deal, it's a game, there's supposed to be some obstacles to make you attempt the slightest bit of strategy.

How is 20% regen per SECOND helping you in a close melee situation when you get hit five-ten times a second?
Rip Raider life, I have to embrace Serker again.
"
Shppy wrote:
"
omgMajk wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

yeah that 20% hp/second surely helps when everyting chunks you for like 70% of your hp
"
Shppy wrote:

To be fair, regen is terrible compared to leech. In Legacy, I've played a life RF build with 2.5k HP regen and sustain was so bad compared to any leech build. And that's RF, build completely on the left side of the tree where you actually have regen nodes. What do you do on the right side?

Instant leech is the best defense in the game, Occultist ES recharge is the 2nd best defense (it makes you immortal, if you have good ES gear), Slayer leech is distant 3rd. Everything else is just different levels of shit.

P.S. Reflect can be overcome, you have to go Yugul and sacrifice a ring slot for the anti-reflect ring.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 16, 2017, 6:16:20 PM
"
omgMajk wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

you are confusing playing fast and aggressive with facetanking everything and not paying attention to reflect or mob types (white skellies or shaper who gives a fuck) or incoming damage (basically you can close your eyes and as long as you hit SOMETHING and leech you dont have to worry about anything)

those two are not the same, were never the same and will never be the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info