I'm sorry but...why is there reflect again?

"
adghar wrote:
The following post got eaten by the server shortly before they went down for the announcement, so have an extra-delayed response:

========================

"
Stealthe wrote:

lol.Your using Hitless Sword which hits you with 100 physical thorns damage for every enemy you hit and then you have a helm that increases physical damage by almost 50%.

He was using Terminus Est when thread originally started.

Of significant note is that at 16,000 armour, each "hits you with 100 physical damage" turns into:

pdr%fromarmour = 16000 / (16000+1000) = capped at 90% PDR, which means each hit deals a whopping 10 damage that is then increased by 43%, and presumably if he has Fortify on then reduced by 20%... leading to a "massive" 12 damage taken for each hit that he deals.

Well the "Whopping" 12 dmg when multiplied by his 4.6 ataacks per second is 55.2 damage.If he hits 10 mobs thats 552 "massive" damage per second.Should I put any more "super cool" "kowabunga" words in quotes like you did or is that good enough?
Last edited by Stealthe on Nov 16, 2017, 11:19:54 PM
If your build can't recover 552 damage per second, it's probably not a very good endgame build...

Not that I have anything against bad endgame builds. But that didn't seem to be the goal of the original poster.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Stealthe wrote:
"
bananapanama1 wrote:
Currently playing 10 days SC Turmoil, character is EstWielder, a Juggernaut, wearing Abysuss.

I'm well aware of methods to mitigate reflect damage. Had around 5k5 hp (should be much more), took Soul of Yugul, Basalt flask, endurance charges (6) and 25k armour buffed. And guess what, instant death from a single reflect mob in Esh domain, monster level 70.

What else do I do, really. Put in Fortify and do no damage? Sacrifice a ring slot for Sybil?
Does a single item, like Abysuss, which has been nerfed pretty heavily, require every single reflect mitigation out there in order to make it work? How about we just remove Abyssus completely?

I think that reflect is intended to make the players invest more on defense, play with a slower pace and prevent glass cannon builds that will obliterate everything too fast. If I invest more on defense at this point I don't think I can tackle end game.

Or is it Slayer's Headsman and the Brassdome the only choices left for such a build? Or maybe, when it comes to Juggernaut, lets just play Righteous Fire/ Resolute Technique builds and be the only ones who play the game in its actual intended slow pace.

lol.Your using Hitless Sword which hits you with 100 physical thorns damage for every enemy you hit and then you have a helm that increases physical damage by almost 50%.You dont have no block chance to and little armor to help mitigate physical damage.It's basically a suicide setup from the start.And then add in reflected physical damage and well yeah you have successfully done all you can to ensure your taking as much physical damage as possible while getting as much dps as possible to reflect as much physical damage back to you as possible.Can't imagine why your dying to reflected physical damage.

Can't imagine someone replies without reading the whole thing. I just changed the sword, was using Terminus Est before.
And no, 100 reflected physical damage is as soft as a teddy bear attack on my armor, I have never been close to dying once due to this reflected damage, but the reflect damage from Cyclone itself.

Edit: I'm not much into calculation, but Hiltess reflect mechanics don't bother me at all until now, it has not threaten me once. I died due to, as stated, an Esh domain single rare reflect mob hti by Cyclone, which was roughly 4.5-5 attacks per second.
Last edited by bananapanama1 on Nov 17, 2017, 2:46:27 AM
Hiya bananapanama1.

I don't know if you're still looking for help with damage reflection, but previously I've had a couple of ways of dealing with it.

First off, it was having an alternate second skill that I could use. For example on my frostbolt templar I had a 4-link totem that I was using as an additional caster which also worked to handle reflection. I recast it when it killed itself and it worked well enough.
It felt a bit clumsy for my templar but you should do well enough using the ancestral warchief totem you have.

Alternatively, on another character I was switching out one of my rings for Sibyl's Lament and using Soul of Yugul to handle damage reflection.
Although that was for when the whole map had damage reflection, it'll still help you out with reflect rares.

One other option is swapping one of your supports for a Physical to Lightning support gem.
Though I know of one other player it didn't work for, they had a significantly worse build than you when it comes to reflect mitigation.

Oh, come to think of it you could even swap a support gem from your main attack for the fortify gem in your movement skill.

As a more extreme option, you could swap the Unrelenting node from your ascendancy for Unyielding, since that should be an extra 5% reduced damage from hits while you've got fortify. Maybe even respec into the Rampart cluster for a bit of extra fortify effect and armour.

Honestly though, Abyssus is a sucker for punishment when it comes to damage reflection.
In your shoes I'd have Sibyl's Lament and Soul of Yugul on 100% of the time.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Hiya bananapanama1.

I don't know if you're still looking for help with damage reflection, but previously I've had a couple of ways of dealing with it.

First off, it was having an alternate second skill that I could use. For example on my frostbolt templar I had a 4-link totem that I was using as an additional caster which also worked to handle reflection. I recast it when it killed itself and it worked well enough.
It felt a bit clumsy for my templar but you should do well enough using the ancestral warchief totem you have.

Alternatively, on another character I was switching out one of my rings for Sibyl's Lament and using Soul of Yugul to handle damage reflection.
Although that was for when the whole map had damage reflection, it'll still help you out with reflect rares.

One other option is swapping one of your supports for a Physical to Lightning support gem.
Though I know of one other player it didn't work for, they had a significantly worse build than you when it comes to reflect mitigation.

Oh, come to think of it you could even swap a support gem from your main attack for the fortify gem in your movement skill.

As a more extreme option, you could swap the Unrelenting node from your ascendancy for Unyielding, since that should be an extra 5% reduced damage from hits while you've got fortify. Maybe even respec into the Rampart cluster for a bit of extra fortify effect and armour.

Honestly though, Abyssus is a sucker for punishment when it comes to damage reflection.
In your shoes I'd have Sibyl's Lament and Soul of Yugul on 100% of the time.

Hey Crystalwitch,
Thanks for your suggestion.

I think every melee build will include a totem as their core skill now, indeed I do put totem when things get scary, to deal with reflect and also to act as a decoy totem so I can get myself out of sketchy scenarios.

I'd always have fortify on my movement skill, or go for Overwhelming Odds if I use Cleave as my main, which is amazing. However, sometimes I don't have fortify, because Leap slam with 2h weapons have much less control (damn slow) than shield charge or whirling blade. So overall I just gotta map slower, which I do now.

Soul of Yugul is what I took as soon as I got access to it, no doubt it is a must for builds like mine. Sibyl's Lament is another good option, however, it provides little life and no stats (which i desperately need) and most importantly it's a elemental attack ring. I use brutality in my setups, and don't consider using phys to lightning gem as well, because then I'll have to deal with ele reflect, which honestly seems scarier to me, especially a chunk of lightning damage.

Ramparts clusters and Unyielding is quite good, I'm still considering options like that and uniques like Lightning Coil or Brass Dome.
And finally, I agree that Abyssus is insanely strong and dangerous at the same time. But I think when they nerfed its 100% less critical multiplier, maybe they should reduce its draw back as well, like, put "40% increased physical damage taken" as fixed, instead of 40%-50% inc phys dmg taken.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info