[3.3] BRO, DO YOU EVEN SUMMON? Skeleton crit Dark Pact BOSSKILLER

eqtl5y

Pros:
-millions of dps with affordable gear (8mil Shaper dps with 10ex invested in 3.3 Incursion)
-interesting mechanics
-cheap to start with
-good league starter
-decent clearspeed if you self-cast
-safe clearspeed if you cast on skeletons
-doesn't rely on flasks
-in case of danger provides instant escape if you manage to have some corpses in a good spots near to you

Cons:
-difficult to play (definitely not a one button build)
-maxing your gear may sink some currency
-not super tanky

Assassin is also a good option for this build. It has higher dps potential but doesn't provide +1 curse bonus and cannot apply curses on Hexproof enemies so you will need to spend +3 points on Whispers of Doom and you may struggle with running Hexproof maps.

I recommend the following Ascandancy order for the Assassin:
1.Opportunistic
2.Ambush and Assassinate
3.Unstable Infusion
4.Deadly Infusion

Videos

3.3 Gear after 1 month of Incursion league:
Spoiler

3.3 Tree and levelling
Spoiler

95 lvl tree:

dwp6xv
Whispers of Doom - go for it if you cannot afford +1 curse Gloomfang
Nullification - may be helpful if you struggle with getting resistance cap

I recommend to start with any of the skills available from the begenning like Freezing Pulse, Volatile Dead or Firestorm. At 28 get the Dark Pact gem.

I recommend going for the right side of a tree first. Life nodes are mostly prioritized. Area of Effect nodes are also recommended to get as soon as you get close to them. In addition to crit clusters and minion life nodes you may pick some chaos/spell damage nodes and respec them later.

At around lvl 85-90 start picking power charge nodes. This is also the right time to get Void Batteries and Brinerot Flag.

Here is the list of key skill gems you should know when to pick as a Witch:

-Dark Pact (requires lvl 28, available from act 3)
-Wither (requires lvl 10, available from act 1)
-Summon Skeleton (requires lvl 10, available from act 1)
-Spell Totem (requires lvl 8, available from act 1)
-Lightning Warp (requires lvl 10, available from act 1)
-Less Duration (requires lvl 31, available from act 3)
-Swift Affliction (requires lvl 31, available from act 3)

-Warlord's Mark (requires lvl 24, available from act 3)
-Assassin's Mark (requires lvl 22, available from act 3)
-Enfeeble (requires lvl 24, available from act 3)
-Blasphemy (requires lvl 31, available from act 3)

I didn't post dps support gems because I don't want to copy a whole wiki here. It will depend more on sockets in your gear when would you be using them.

3.1 Gear after 2 weeks of Abyss league
Spoiler

I was using self found rare wands until I could afford Void Batteries. 6L chest cost me 72c. Other gear is either 1-25c or self found. With 100c budget you should afford about 5.1-5.4k hp, 1k es, 1m dps and 75% resist cap.

3.1 Gear after 3 weeks of Abyss league
Spoiler

3.1 Gear after 4 weeks of Abyss league (same as in Shaper fight)
Spoiler

3.3 A bit of theory
Spoiler

We scale our damage mainly by three things: minion life, critical strike chance/multiplier and power charges. All the rest is typical like spell damage, chaos damage, cast speed etc. We generate power charges by dealing critical strikes (10% chance of getting power charge on crit Ascendancy - if you choose Assasin instead of Occultist then it will be 10% of getting power charge on non-crit), by casting a warcry socketed into Brinerot Flag and by killing enemies cursed by Assasin's Mark.

For faster clearing you can cast Dark Pact on yourself instead of casting on skeletons. However, it's less safe so I do not recommend self-casting on high tier maps with some nasty mods. In case you accidentally teleported yourself straight into some pack of monsters - don't summon skeletons but pretend a self-cast immediately before the monsters could hurt you.

Items explaination:

Void Batteries - they increase your spell damage per power charge you have. If you have no power charges your spell damage will be decreased so try to keep them up all the time especially on boss encounters.

Brinerot Flag - grants 2 power charges on casting a warcry. You should have it on your secondary slot once you get Void Batteries. Socket a war cry gem into it and cast it every time your power charges are about to expire.

From Dust - allows you to summon 3 skeletons at once (6 if you link Summon Skeleton with Spell Echo)

Bloodbond - boosts our dps by increasing life of our skeletons. It's also good thanks to the increase to our life as well as the 1% regeneration.

Witchfire Brew - grants Despair aura

Writhing Jar - triggers "if you've killed recently" bonuses

Helmet - get one with +3 levels of socketed minion gems and if you can afford Minions have #% increased maximum life in addition to that.

Gloves - they can have either essence (of Fear) or master crafted Minions have #% increased maximum life mod. Crafting good gloves with essences is not an easy process (unless you are blessed by RNGesus) but you can get way higher roll compared to the gloves with bench crafted minion life. However, the game doesn't allow you to have both essence and bench crafted inc minion life on the same pair of gloves.

Gloomfang - +1 chain increases our dps significantly. However, Lose (15-10) Life for each Enemy hit by your Spells may kill you really fast if you go too hard on monsters affected by 'Enemies cannot die' aura or Proximity Shield. You may consider buying some random +1 curse amulet for 1c for safer levelling and swap for Gloomfang only for high hp bosses.

Jewels - look for these providing a good amount of life, minion life, cast speed, crit multi, chaos damage, spell damage etc.

Rings - good place to have some life and resists. Life gain on kill is also nice to have to boost your survivability against bigger hordes of monsters. This build doesn't need any offensive stats on rings since it deals huge damage anyway but If you find some good ones with crit multi, cast speed or chaos/spell damage - good for you.

Belt - get one with life and Minions have #% increased maximum life.

Some other mechanics:

Warlord's Mark - grants life and mana leech and endurance charges

Assasin's Mark - grants mana on kill, chance to get power charge on kill and increases the damage monsters take from critical strikes as well as the chance of dealing critical strike to cursed monsters.

Despair - makes you deal higher damage to cursed monsters

Wither Totem - slows down your enemies and applies short debuff on them. It can stack to maximum number of 15. Each stack results in receiving 6% increased chaos damage by your enemies.

Immortal Call - makes you invulnerable to physical damage for a short time (it can consume endurance charges you have resulting in a longer duration)

Abyssal Cry - I recommend this certain warcry because it prevents Porcupines from exploding with a spike nova on death.

Desecrate + Bodyswap + Devouring Totem - Desecrate creates a few corpses on the ground. With Bodyswap you can immediately teleport yourself to the location of these corpses (or the corpses of monsters you have killed before). Devouring Totem can eat corpses and leech some life and mana to you.

3.1 Stats
Spoiler

Defensive stats while in town:

dqgqhf

Tooltip dps while in town:

332rrwo

Tooltip dps with buffs (9 power charges, Arcane Surge, Flame Golem, flasks, jewel bonuses, boot enchant):

2i1fc78

Skeleton life:

b3moas

3.3 Ascendancy
Spoiler

I would probably go for a Malediction first, than for a Void Beacon and lastly for a Forbidden Power.
2zykagw

3.3 Bandits
Spoiler

Help Alira

3.3 Pantheon
Spoiler

Major - Soul of the Brine King. Choose your minor depending on a boss you gonna fight against.

Below are some videos and informations I posted before changes provided in patch 3.1
Spoiler

3.0 Videos

My gear (same as in Shaper fight)
Spoiler

My items are far from being optimzed. I don't even have any single HP point on my chest which I used only because I actually didn't have better 6L for that build.

Noteworthy Uniques:
Spoiler

I won't calculate the most optimal setup because dps is already very satisfying and you always gonna balance your gear in view of getting as much life as possible and capping resists.

Weapon:
Void Batteries are BiS. Apep's Rage drain so much mana that I think they can be used along with the 4/5L The Covenant until you have money for Void Batteries and other 6L chest.

Brinerot Flag on secondary slot for Power Charge generation.

Helmet:
Since we scale life pool of our skeletons The Baron is BiS.'+2 to Level of Socketed Minion Gems', 'Minions have 20% increased maximum Life', 'Your Strength is added to your Minions' and '+(20-40) to Strength' boosts our damage really hard.

Chest:
The Covenant - solves mana sustain issue while wielding Apep's Rages
Carcass Jack - increases our dmg and AoE and grant some life and resistances
Belly of the Beast - good choice if you need some life (it gives me about +700 hp compared to my Vaal Regalia)

Boots:
Inya's Epiphany are espacially good when combined with Void Batteries since they grant 5% increased damage per power charge as well as help with generating them.

Gloves:
Maligaro's Virtuosity (higher dmg boost). The Embalmer are also good. Asenath's Gentle Touch if you want some easy access to Temporal Chains.

Amulet:
Marylene's Fallacy lowers our crit chance and boosts crit multi. It makes a good choice for Shadow players because of Unstable Infusion Assasin Ascendancy passive (10% chance to gain a Power Charge on non-Critical Strike).
Sidhebreath increases life of our Skeletons resulting in higher damage.
Astramentis gives some strength which is given to your minions thanks to The Baron. More skelly life = more damage again.

Rings:
Gifts from above grants some crit chance and rarity of items found from enemies killed by your crit. Heartbound Loop grants 15% increased minion life but don't use them unless you're a masochist.

DPS
Spoiler

It took me about 7-8 seconds to take down Shaper at first phase with no constant casting. Let's say it may took about 5 seconds of constant casting to take him down. He has 20mln HP so we can assume my dps was something around 2mln. This is not even close to the full potential of this build. Here are the upgrades which would skyrocket the dps (without mentioning about getting some uniques):

-corrupting Dark Pact to 21 lvl
-corrupting Added Chaos Damage to 21 lvl
-corrupting Summon Skeletons to 21 lvl
-corrupting Empower to 4 lvl
-Dark Pact helmet Enchant
-(27-30)% increased Minion Life on boots
-(27-30)% increased Minion Life on chest
-(27-30)% increased Minion Life on belt
-(31-34)% increased Chaos Damage on rings
-(31-34)% increased Chaos Damage on amulet (as well as better rolls)
-getting better jewels with increases to Minion Life and Crit Multi each

Yes, it would be expensive. But I won't even know how much it would increase our damage.

Here is my tooltip while standing in hideout with lightning golem up and 0 power charges:

2v82wds

And with 9 power charges:

2ihpi5s

lvl 20 Skeleton HP with Empower lvl 3 and 20/20 Minion Life:

11loaaq

Defensive stats
Spoiler

I had 7.1k effective hp pool in Shaper fight with a gear mentioned above. You will probably use another body armour and depending on uniques you choose you can expect something between 5-6k pure life with this build. Yet some words about mana - I don't even have 30 mana regen/s but spamming Dark Pact is sustainable as long as you are leeching. Initially I wanted to show you only HP/Mana because this concept focuses mostly on dps mechanics and things like Armour, Evasion etc. will differ depending on the gear you pick. But I have changed my mind so here are some screenshots:
fxv4ph 1687l1t
mcql52

Labirynth

Spoiler
This build doesn't have high life regeneratiion so 0 point because regen is useful when dealing with traps. It doesn't have giant HP pool. It's not that small however but we don't have huge damage reduction so it deserves +0.5 pt. We have enough cast and movement speed to make use of Lightning Warp and jump over the whole sets of traps so I can give this build +0.5 point because it's not level of Queen of the Forest speed. Main spell has medium-long range and we can destroy fonts which are behind some walls or corners so +0.5 pt. With huge dps dealing with Izaro is easy so +1pt. Dealing with any buffs isn't problematic regardless you want to prevent Izaro from gaining them or make him stronger to get more keys so +1 pt. Overall it gets 3.5 of maximum 6 in Lab Runner scale which is just ok. However, don't pretend lab runs if your roommate is downloading millions of torrents because if you got lagged in the middle of trap set even RNGeus won't help you. And preying your roommate won't get your Offering back.

Remember to have Desecrate + Devouring Totem with you on lab runs

Last edited by brant09081992 on Aug 1, 2018 6:47:17 PM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2018 1:38:09 PM
πŸ† yyeEEAAAHHH !!! πŸ†THATS πŸ†WHAT πŸ†πŸ† I LIKE πŸ†TO SEE πŸ† SKELETON MAN πŸ† PHENOMENAL BUILD πŸ†πŸ†πŸ† I LOVE IT πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–‘ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–‘ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€
β–ˆβ–„β–„β–€ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–‘ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–€ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–‘ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–€ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€
β–€β–‘β–€β–€ β–„β–„β–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–€ β–€β–‘β–‘β–€ β–€β–€β–€ β–‘ β–€β–‘β–€β–€ β–„β–„β–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–€ β–€β–‘β–‘β–€ β–€β–€β–€ β–‘ β–€β–‘β–€β–€ β–„β–„β–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–€ β–€β–‘β–‘β–€ β–€β–€β–€
Thanks for listing Kwitch! I have added Uber Atziri fight and Gorge full run.
Good stuff.
Lightning Golems:
/1902593
Ice Golems:
/1914382
Hi this really looks like a fun build and one I want to test for next season when my Harbinger chars move to standard.

Just wondering how you feel about its mapping speed? From the Gorge run video it looks a bit slow when it comes to mapping.

edit: Just found out about the VP nerf, ouch!
Last edited by Eathb on Nov 18, 2017 4:10:35 AM
Hey! I'm not a big fan of fast clearing but you can self-cast DP if you want to make it faster and use skeletons once you reached to the boss. However, VP changes will push us now to use skeletons in most encounters I think. I messed a bit into PoB yesterday and made a CI concept of this build based on fast ES recharge and that's how I'm gonna probably play in upcoming league. I don't know how reliable would self-casted DP be without insta leech. I'm gonna play the current variant of my build on Mayhem HC to enjoy the last days with current VP mechanics and I recommend you to do so if you want to try that one ;)
I have something like u, but in video u kill much easily despite my items are a bit better. I think its because of Onslought and Sulphur flasks. Vaal Clarity which allows u to fire from distance and dont aggro helps a lot too.

I do with Power Charges 160k dps (without golem and Arcane Surge`, 7 Poweer Charges), hp is 4.8k and minions hp is almost 7.9k. 5.5k hp when minions life 6.8k.

I like idea of Vaal Clarity as mana is problem if out of leech range.

Main problem is with aggro: exile aggro instead of minions almost all time; while outside of curse range(?), minions are usually attacked first (but this theory fails if something is shooting out of screen like spiders, harbingers totems, demons..).

I was using Lightning Warp, but its really bad if have to play in range of aggro. Maybe if Vaal Clarity is present than Lightning Warp can be more useful. But maybe I just lack of skill, but its not Whirling Blades and even Flame Dash is faster.

Problem with this build is mainly that skeleton do almost no aggro, u have to press too many buttons to start shoot, u fire stationary with possibility of not leeching and can be under fire while dp is "casted" from minions. Heavily flask dependent. Sustain of Power Charges is also tricky.

But hey, at least we gave a try..

I have another Dark Pact on Scion totems and is much better overall: better hp, better dps, better dodge, no flask dependent at all, but lucky flask is useful, much faster clear speed, and much better survival ability overall.
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 22, 2017 11:55:03 PM
"
Completed 8 ChallengesRexeos wrote:
I have something like u, but in video u kill much easily despite my items are a bit better.

That's a bummer to read, your damage looks like it should be even better than the video with your gear, which should more than compensate for the flasks you mentioned.

You aren't using Vaal Summon Skels for bosses, are you? That seems like it would totally tank your DPS as DP dmg is based off skel life, and lvl 24 skels + lvl 24 minion life has to be a gigantic boost over unbuffed VSS.

I was considering this build so hopefully the OP can weigh in.
Is 7 your maximum number of charges? I have 9 max and 2 charges more = 108% increased damage with my setup. Also flasks make a difference indeed as well as the boot enchant. The rest of your gear is comparable or better than mine. I think the biggest difference could be into your passive tree.

I don't have any problems with exiles either meele or ranged ones. I sometimes find regular monsters more dangerous when one of them comes close to me in a very moment I just spawned my skeletons a few meters away and I can't attack it until skeleton cooldown expired. I keep Vaal Clarity mainly to always have a possibility to spam DP while keeping a distance from any danger. Atziri's Promise does its job when it comes to leech from an out of curse range.

I have started playing with this build when it was already levelled which resulted with dps being good enough that I didn't have any issues with having lightning warp as my movement skill. But if I played it from scratch Flame dash would be a better option if it comes to sustain longer boss fights and mechanics avoidance but it actually all depends on the content you face. While Whirling blades is being a top tier movement skill, it cannot be used with void batteries. You can use Brightbeak in addition to the Brinerot Flag and Whirling Blades into one weapon slot for fast clearing and Flame Dash with Void Batteries into another and swap on them only for bosses and that's something which I also probably should consider when I will be playing at the next league.

To be honest my build is not flask depentend and I could do all the endgame content without flasks. After a few days of playing with DP I have already got used to its playstyle and now I can minimize the risk caused by bad skeletons placement.

The thing with power charges sustain is that you always gonna call a warcry when they are about to expire. I have no problems with it but I understand some players may find it uncomfortable.

I don't like totem playstyle but I have to admit that totems are indeed really strong and safe option. I bet most of HC players gonna play DP with totems on the Abyss League especially after the Vaal Pact changes.
i can't view any of your gear or anything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info