What is the D3 Paragon equivalent of level 100?

D3 is the way to go for more casual gaming, imo. I'm sick with the flu right now but will probably still be on tonight when new season starts.

I'm glad you are OK.
Censored.
"
bwam wrote:
Paragon levels are infinite?
WAHAHAHA oh man, D3, what a debacle of a game.

It actually operates like a more interactive Clicker Heroes. Honestly, it CAN be quite addictive gameplay; especially if you have ever spent some time in Clicker Heroes. The never-ending treadmill.

I know people around here hate on on D3, but its not as bad as people think. It can be quite fun for a bit if you have nothing else going on.

I dont feel like installing it atm, but I might again. It's pretty fun for a month or 2, gearing out your character, pushing some rifts. It just has no economy, so the replay value turns to shit after a bit and after the grind becomes too much.(You spend days grinding paragon and still cant beat the next rift, etc.)

But it is quite fun for like 1-1.5 months; especially if you havent played in awhile or played it at all. The gameplay, the act of killing shit, is very fun and refined.

I know I played pre-SF, when the AH was still around. I quit and didnt try it again till like last year I think. I got RoS for 15 bucks and figured I'd give it a shot. I actually had a lot of fun for a couple seasons, then burnt out and shelved it. But it was fun. If you like Arpgs at all, I'm pretty sure you can wring a few months of enjoyment out of D3 for 15 dollars.

And the good news about starting right now is you can accomplish just about all you want in a month, which coincides with the start of the next PoE league start.

But, I've always been partial to the growth of a character instead of the end-game grind. When I played it, I got till it got too grindy and quit. I do the same in PoE. Once my character is finished, I cannot be bothered to grind the same maps 50000 times just for the hell of it or to amass wealth. I go play something else.

But yea, its not a bad system. Its like Clicker Heroes.
Thanks for the extremely detailed answer Destructo.
Ph.D + gamer?
Deadpeng best waifu
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 10, 2017, 1:06:50 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
Ph.D + gamer?
Deadpeng best waifu

Portrait for consideration!
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Well as I mentioned in a thread about half a year ago I might quit intensive gaming once and for all. Simply because the poor internet was a call that I should simply put down gaming and focus on my Ph.D 100%.

I have learnt that there is not a single successful PhD student nor professor who actually has a part time activity of intensive gaming. I kind of withdrew into casual gaming. Spending two hours a week on Diablo 3.

This is not to say that it is absolutely impossible to become the first gamer + physicist + transgender queen for record. I guess I am only being practical since my IQ is high but not genius level to pull those kind of stunts off.

It's not worth it to invest time like that when you are going for a PhD, education is far more important. Physicist queen is good enough imo.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Show us that you have both intelligence and common sense. Choose physics.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
Paragon levels are infinite?
WAHAHAHA oh man, D3, what a debacle of a game.

It actually operates like a more interactive Clicker Heroes. Honestly, it CAN be quite addictive gameplay; especially if you have ever spent some time in Clicker Heroes. The never-ending treadmill.

[...]

But yea, its not a bad system. Its like Clicker Heroes.

Like... Sure. Looks kinda like D3 art.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Nov 13, 2017, 7:11:16 PM
Well I can throw in that I'd say I'm a hardcore gamer and am working on a PhD in particle physics, and am almost done, so there's that. Honestly work/life balance is important whatever that may be for you, it's really easy to get sucked into whatever you're doing, but you need to still have hobbies and a life outside of research.

"
ChanBalam wrote:
Show us that you have both intelligence and common sense. Choose physics.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm gonna go do stupid stuff just to see what happens.
Last edited by j33bus on Nov 13, 2017, 3:28:53 PM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Well as I mentioned in a thread about half a year ago I might quit intensive gaming once and for all. Simply because the poor internet was a call that I should simply put down gaming and focus on my Ph.D 100%.

I have learnt that there is not a single successful PhD student nor professor who actually has a part time activity of intensive gaming. I kind of withdrew into casual gaming. Spending two hours a week on Diablo 3.

This is not to say that it is absolutely impossible to become the first gamer + physicist + transgender queen for record. I guess I am only being practical since my IQ is high but not genius level to pull those kind of stunts off.

Get that PhD! You can come back to gaming later, but that degree and a decent job will give you a lot more options in life. Depending on your field of study, once you are working, you may be able to work in educational conferences around the globe as a legitimate business expense, and with time and expertise even have the conferences pay a part of the travel costs.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info