You guys ever going to make another chaser unique?

"
Phrazz wrote:
I agree with the old dinosaur here.

For me, it's not about "OP" or "money". It's about very rare, very good unique items that is NOT gated behind a certain boss. Unique items that is so rare that they actually force a reaction from you when they drop.

Play SSF and this will be true for a lot of uniques.

Apart from that, I had ilvl 84 unique sorcerer boots drop the other day - of course my item filter highlighted them like crazy. Turned out to be Steppan Eard of course :P.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Play SSF and this will be true for a lot of uniques.

Apart from that, I had ilvl 84 unique sorcerer boots drop the other day - of course my item filter highlighted them like crazy. Turned out to be Steppan Eard of course :P.

I started both this and last league SSF. But as I'm a leader of a guild, like sharing and socializing, it's just not an option. And if you think "going SSF" is a better solution than actually introducing some uniques like this, I think you are too far into your little SSF-bubble :P
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I don't play SSF.

You can self-enforce SSF in a trade league if you want, and still be social. There you go.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Hey @I_NO,

When they open up Supporter Uniques again, I'd partner up with you to purchase one, if you wouldn't care about collaborating.

Hopefully the price doesn't stick at $2.5K and shrinks back to something manageable, like... $1K or something, of which I could afford half rn :]

Some random mod ideas:
Spoiler
- "Aquatic" > Hexproof in water, immune to Ailments in water, cannot be Stunned in water, gain Onslaught in water.
- "Indomitable" > Cannot be slowed.

- "Damned" > You are inflicted with burning.
- "Hemophiliac" > You are inflicted with bleeding.

- "Usurper" (1) > When Unique Enemy is present, adds 500 to maximum Life.
- "Usurper" (2) > When Unique Enemy is present, +2-3 to maximum Elemental Resistances.

- Whirling Blades range greatly increased.
- Blink Arrow recovery speed greatly increased.

I'm not married to any ideas in particular, I just want to contribute a unique Unique, if you get my meaning. Something chase would be super.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Don't you worry, the next chase item will be nerfed to the ground and will end up being a 1c vendor trash.

he he.

I never used it, I just got 3 when they were (are?) 1c.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
mjolnrs are 20+ C in league right now and there are people who can make them work. not in the OP-ie-OP way of 'work' but good enough for any and all content. it is just a matter of skill. it is no longer 'i win, cannot die' item for players with self-esteem issues that wont play a game they cannot auto-win

chase items are just bragging rights - items for traders that replace skill. there are plenty of rare items out there, there are plently of rare rare items (godly essence crafts) to look for. but these cannot be simply brute forced with currency and fliping

chase items are tokens that make mediocre players feel like they are special - just because they play 15+ hours a day and flip like madman (or accept donations). they are however not in any way shape or form good for the game. on the contrary - item to be 'chase' has to be simply broken and that ended so well with POE in the past..
Nothing wrong with chase items bruh. Flipping and playing the market also takes skill. People who manage to get those items and then clear content easier is absoluty fair way of approaching things. And no, such items aren't auto-win. You still need good build and you still need to have skill in order to play.

If anything, Berserker (hmmm, your avatar gives me some funny ideas D:) and Vaal Pact are the ones killing the game. It takes no skill or effort to pick Berserker Vaal Pact over anything else.

So, in case you forgot, PoE is (supposed) to be about choice. You play the game one way, someone else plays the other.

But to be honest, you saying it is for people with self-esteem problems gives me a good idea why you think so... :v
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"Replacing skill" ... Lol. Like this game is Dark Souls or something. Playing a glass cannon that will get you killed if you do not react in half a second actually takes more skill from a gameplay perspective. And still it is not much. Flipping and trading is what requires THE MOST skill in this game, and i suck at it. The only reason i was able to aquire mirror stuff in Standard is exactly because of chaser uniques that i had droped through playing alot. Nowdays in Standard the only way to really make serious money is flipping and trading systematically.

Also the only objective way to measure a "good" player, is when somebody creates a build and aquires the proper gear to stomp the entire game easily, despite if somebody thinks that he is abusing the XY broken mechanics and/or cheating. If an actual cheat is not used, everything is fair game.
"
astraph wrote:
"Replacing skill" ... Lol. Like this game is Dark Souls or something. Playing a glass cannon that will get you killed if you do not react in half a second actually takes more skill from a gameplay perspective. And still it is not much. Flipping and trading is what requires THE MOST skill in this game, and i suck at it. The only reason i was able to aquire mirror stuff in Standard is exactly because of chaser uniques that i had droped through playing alot. Nowdays in Standard the only way to really make serious money is flipping and trading systematically.

Also the only objective way to measure a "good" player, is when somebody creates a build and aquires the proper gear to stomp the entire game easily, despite if somebody thinks that he is abusing the XY broken mechanics and/or cheating. If an actual cheat is not used, everything is fair game.

Nope.

Playing a glass canon on HC does require skillplay above the average. For Standard does not.

Flipping and trading DOES NOT. You can't die flipping. The most that you do is be joyful that anyone underappreciated an item. Chase uniques do make sense. But linking them to the "difficult" content in the game IS the way to keep your audience "progressing" towards those, and not by throwing them by the handful via monotonous loot "pinatas" and/or RNG chancing/rewards from divination cards etc.

Nowadays, the "only way to really make serious money" via "flipping and trading systematically" should change and leave some place for you know "killing loot and finding monsters" (or was it the other way around???)...

A good player might be very good/godly in skillplay, and/or trading, and/or building a character, and neither of those exclude each other. But anyone that "stomps" the game "TOO EASILY" is "abusing broken mechanics and/or cheating". Of course it's up to GGG to keep the game "fair" and "balanced".

And very funny, they do "nerf" those "stomping" aspects to the ground, sooner or later. The sad part is the delay that they take while doing so, and the playerbase gets accustomed to those as "the way it's meant to be played" and "normal"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
^
We do not disagree much. However even on softcore playing a glass cannon that gets you killed in half a second without reaction AND NOT DYING, does require more skill. Playing a "safe" build and avoiding the hardest content is the way to go if you wanna level to 100. Not a glass cannon.

But as i said, in PoE it is ~80% Build/gear, 15% knowledge of the content you are up against and the dangers it involves, 5% actual gameplay skill. Yeah there is a 0.01% player base with perfect connection/no lag that can take out Uber Atziri with with Eldrich Battery + CI (it has been done, at least on normal atziri) but this is a far out exception. And still you will get destroyed in a red tier map. Even if certain bosses are designed to be more "skilled" based, the actual mapping is not. It is not Dark Souls where actual playing skill can be up to 90%. But this is only by gameplay perspective.

The real skill in PoE is designing an OP build and finding ways to aquire OP gear for that build. THAT'S where the real skill is. Thus i consider efficient trading to require skill (or patience or whatever you wanna call it).

I agree on everything else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info