Xbox One X version is great

Just played for a couple of minutes and I have to say PoE looks and plays great on the X.
Short loading times, smooth frame rate and no resolution drop.
Tested it on the blody aqueduct and vs a harbinger.
Well done GGG

Played it at 1080p
Last edited by H463N on Nov 7, 2017, 9:49:23 AM
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2017, 9:26:27 AM
Agree - looks the business, well done GGG - looking forward to playing a bit longer later on today.

XBOX ONE
The only way to get "FAST" load times is to open up the Xbox yank out that crappy 5400rpm hard disk from 1996 and throw it in the trash. Then buy yourself a performance level SSD, then journey over to Xbox.com download the Xbox update recovery tools and OS IMAGES. Fire up Linux on your PC a few lines of script to set partition, then you can dump the OS files into osu1 folder. Plug it into the Xbox power it up and after about 5 mins of the recovery you will be the proud owner of an Xbox which is Far superior to the XBOX you speak of. Console gamers need to quit buying the same damn console 3 times within the same generation. It's idiotic 4K and HDR are not worth the same exact system for the same exact price twice. If console gamers would complain more about performance instead of graphics we would of had a 60fps Xbox one 3 years ago.

You could of bought 2 high end new gen GPUs for what you wasted on 2 Xbox's, instead you bought a 4 year old gpu twice that never was high end then come in here telling us it's wonderful? No isn't. It's absurd
"
The only way to get "FAST" load times is to open up the Xbox yank out that crappy 5400rpm hard disk from 1996 and throw it in the trash.....

[Removed by Support]

There is a huge performance improvement - go get the the console.
XBOX ONE
Last edited by Al_GGG on Nov 8, 2017, 6:28:29 AM
"
Scrylite wrote:
The only way to get "FAST" load times is to open up the Xbox yank out that crappy 5400rpm hard disk from 1996 and throw it in the trash. Then buy yourself a performance level SSD, then journey over to Xbox.com download the Xbox update recovery tools and OS IMAGES. Fire up Linux on your PC a few lines of script to set partition, then you can dump the OS files into osu1 folder. Plug it into the Xbox power it up and after about 5 mins of the recovery you will be the proud owner of an Xbox which is Far superior to the XBOX you speak of. Console gamers need to quit buying the same damn console 3 times within the same generation. It's idiotic 4K and HDR are not worth the same exact system for the same exact price twice. If console gamers would complain more about performance instead of graphics we would of had a 60fps Xbox one 3 years ago.

You could of bought 2 high end new gen GPUs for what you wasted on 2 Xbox's, instead you bought a 4 year old gpu twice that never was high end then come in here telling us it's wonderful? No isn't. It's absurd

Sorry my friend, but i have a Xbox One S with a external SSD and have loading times <5s. So stop spreading how you need to open the Xbox One to get short loading times. Its absurd.

The Xbox One X is fine for what it wants to be and you know - you dont have to buy it. So stop being salty.
You cant compare consol specs with pc, everyone knows that.
They can make the components to match in a way that you cant by buying random "good" gear/components.
"
Viljan wrote:
You cant compare consol specs with pc, everyone knows that.
They can make the components to match in a way that you cant by buying random "good" gear/components.

I need to agree with him though, the loading times on xbox are horrendous, make me want to switch to pc, external ssd are expensive.
"
H463N wrote:
Just played for a couple of minutes and I have to say PoE looks and plays great on the X.
Short loading times, smooth frame rate and no resolution drop.
Tested it on the blody aqueduct and vs a harbinger.
Well done GGG

Played it at 1080p

This will be me next week. VERY excited for the resolution lock and hopefully zero screen tearing. Have you noticed any improvement with the tearing?

"
popje wrote:
I need to agree with him though, the loading times on xbox are horrendous, make me want to switch to pc, external ssd are expensive.

Yes, the loading times for this game on a stock xbox one are atrocious, but if you use an ssd in an external enclosure, the difference is AMAZING! Highly recommend it if you can swing it.
"
VERY excited for the resolution lock and hopefully zero screen tearing.
To be clear, there is still dynamic resolution on Xbox One X. The console has more than enough power to run Path of Exile in 4k 60 FPS without it. But if the scene becomes heavy enough you will stay at 60 FPS and resolution will be scaled (still above 1080p).

"
Have you noticed any improvement with the tearing?
Screen tearing was caused primarily by FPS drops.
I've been playing One X version for a week now and haven't experienced any screen tearing.

"
Yes, the loading times for this game on a stock xbox one are atrocious, but if you use an ssd in an external enclosure, the difference is AMAZING! Highly recommend it if you can swing it.
Loading times are faster on One X. Even on regular HDD areas load in 3-5 seconds.
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
To be clear, there is still dynamic resolution on Xbox One X. The console has more than enough power to run Path of Exile in 4k 60 FPS without it. But if the scene becomes heavy enough you will stay at 60 FPS and resolution will be scaled (still above 1080p).

Based on your analysis, since I will only be running this on a 1080p tv, it should stay locked at 1080p/60 throughout. Very cool indeed.

"
Screen tearing was caused primarily by FPS drops.
I've been playing One X version for a week now and haven't experienced any screen tearing.

This is good news. It was really bad in The Vaal City. More noticeable there than any point previously in the game, although I haven't reached the end game yet.

"
Loading times are faster on One X. Even on regular HDD areas load in 3-5 seconds.

With the combo of the One X and an ssd, the load times should be nearly instantaneous! Glorious!

Thanks for the input. Monday can't come soon enough!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info