fuck this bs

So I was one of those punching bags that got fucked into buying TWO sets of counsel sets because my minions were using scorching ray totems. Cool, so now I'm in a t14 map (i know not crazy expensive but gimee a break its the principle) and as soon as a fucking harbinger pops up BOOM FREEZE booted to the home screen. Relog, BYE ALL PORTS. Seriously, I've been on league for a while and was bored and hopped on path for a couple maps and this happens on the second one.

Seriously, fix this bullshit and stop wasting ur time making new bs trade pages we don't need since the trade system we have alrdy works. Fucking frustrating. God damn. BACK TO BORING ASS LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!

Maze map, scorching ray spectres. Course reimbursing people when this happens is out of the question. So frustrating. Fuck it till the races....
Last edited by JonnyBrains on Nov 6, 2017, 9:04:26 AM
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2017, 12:37:26 AM
Programmers who know how to build trade websites probably aren't the same kind of programmers who know how to fix Scorching Ray crashes.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Probably, I really don't know thb. However I expect a company like ggg that's developed a game to have multiple employees/programmers that can tackle crashes, websites, etc, and all sorts of different issues... So while I get what ur saying I really don't see ur pt....
Last edited by JonnyBrains on Nov 5, 2017, 9:49:26 PM
Morning mapping. Decided to give it another shot. Got all my zombies and my ag up. Game crashes soon as I click mapping device. Back on, resummon shit again. Open a vault map. Game crashes half way through map. Back on, resummon everything. Finish vault map. Get a msg for a trade. Before I can even respond, game crashes. Now I've lost that trade too since the chat is gone.

smfh I really need to just give up
"
JonnyBrains wrote:

smfh I really need to just give up

That is one option. Another option is to email techsupport@grindinggear.com or posting about your issues in the Tech Support forum. But yes, it does seem like leaving this game might be better for your stress levels.

By the way, if it's worth waiting for the big ol' .txt file to load, you could have recovered the trade by going to your POE install directory \logs (mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Path of Exile\logs), opening up Client.txt, and using Ctrl + F to find the message the trader sent you (helps if you have timestamp in chat enabled, I think).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Emailing tech support will get you on record with them but probably not much else.

I can't activate any breach within any map as the processing overload kills my framerate down to single digits (frickin slide show). I am running PoE on a 3.5 GHz Intel -i7 so I have 4 physical cores and 8 threads of processing power, 8 GB of ram, and use a 500 GB Samsung 840 SSD to run Windows 7 Pro on. My weakest link is my AMD 270 GPU with 2 GB ram. Last fall when breaches came out I could run them ok but now since patch 2.6 they are all a fuckin nightmare of fps crashes. Nothing has changed on my hardware or Internet speed since then but PoE just chokes to death on breaches. Never have any performance problems on any other game so only answer is PoE multi-threading code is foobared or the server simulation is horribly overloaded. Either way it is extremely frustrating.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I mean, last time I posted about an issue it was the counsel. And tons of people all had the same issue they were all posting. The resolve there was "we found out what the issue was." Without actually letting anyone KNOW what the issue was so they didn't continue to go into the counsel with scorching ray, then a fix on a patch later.

And I've emailed support before. "Thanks for emailing we'll look into this issue." I just feel like that's not much help for me. Like Arrowneous mentioned, puts you on record not much else...

I mean if it was a crash here or there hey it's expected but the scenario I described this morning. Gimee a break, that was within like 10 minutes just back to back to back. And when your ports aren't even there when you resign in that's not right...

I'll take a break till Friday and pick a build that caters to constantly crashing and resigning on I guess... >___<
"
adghar wrote:
Programmers who know how to build trade websites probably aren't the same kind of programmers who know how to fix Scorching Ray crashes.

This is true. Given that GGG employs reasonably competent programmers, we can also assume that whatever the SR crashing bug is, it isn't one of those trivial "oh, change one tiny line of code and done" sort of bugs.

Because, y'know, it isn't like they don't know about it. Some changes to help have been made. It just isn't fixed yet because, well, logic says, it isn't as easy as anyone would like.
You could also, like...not use Scorch Totem Spectres, if it's specifically the Scorch Totem guys that are causing the issue? Get different Spectres, change your support gem set-up if you need to, proceed with day until SRT guys are less crashy?

They have to find the bug before they can fix it, man. Sometimes that takes a bit, especially when a bunch of new things are interacting all at once.
Shouldn't have to change my build based off the game not running right... But alas, that's exactly what I'll do for the races.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info