[3.1] Windripper City MF Build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3tGCdk8sko&feature=youtu.be

Do you like dropping lots of currency? Do you want to find those Doctors? If the answer is yes, you've come to the right place!

Also, if you're more into video guides click here

Pros:
Clears pretty fast with decent gear
Farms currency super well
Casual targeting makes mapping a breeze

Cons:
3.5k HP tops
Expensive top-end
Expensive sometimes even with budget gear
Very poor bossing damage without top-end gear
Feels bad without leveled gems

Skill Tree:
Spoiler

114 Points

For leveling, you can either go Storm Cloud/The Tempest and grab ele damage nodes on the tree (ignoring the cold ones since you're scaling lightning) and work your way toward Acrobatics. Alternatively it's quite easy to level Abberath's Hooves or any other type of leveling set up you're comfortable with. The tree is pretty flexible.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/xj5nMEa1

Skill Gems:
Spoiler

Tornado Shot - Ele Damage with Attacks - IceBite - Added Cold - Chain- GMP
Barrage - Ele Damage with Attacks - Mirage Archer - Ice Bite - Added Cold - Cold Pen
Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark - Item Rarity
Grace - Ice Golem -- Cast on Death - Portal
CwDt - Immortal Call - Inc Duration - Vaal Haste

Grace and Ice Golem can be socketed in Pariah rings if you have them which makes other slots more flexible.

If you have to run your TS out of a 5L, drop added cold. 5L Barrage isn't really worth it. Just swap your chain for a slower proj for bosses.

Ascendancy/Pantheon/Bandits
Spoiler

Ascendancy:
-Raider
Way of the Poacher first. Then whatever you want.

Pantheon:
-Brine King(Chain stuns can kill us)
-Shakari(Caustic Clouds are a pain)

Bandits: I take Alira because of the res's mostly; crit multi ices the cake

Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Jewels:
Spoiler

Capping resistances means sacrificing damage. Instead of super swanky high damage double/triple damage mods, we settle for one (or no) damage mods on our jewels in order to cap. As you can see, mine are nothing fancy. I put the Onslaught on kill gem in my Darkness Enthroned in order to get a reliable engine.

Lioneye's Fall is allocated in the jewel sockets through projectile damage near the claw nodes to convert for bow crit multi/chance and grants us a leech engine.

Closing Notes:
Spoiler

The build can feel like shit until everything falls into place. It shines after hours of min-maxing. Having leveled/qualited gems, helm enchant, 6L for TS, 6L Barrage are all important for the character to feel good. Don't stress if you can't clear breaches or bosses right off the bat. Just chill out in Shaped Dunes for awhile and farm it up with whatever MF gear you have. You'll get there man, trust me.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in in the comments below. Or drop by my Twitch; I stream every day ;3. Stay safe Exiles ;3

Last edited by WaifuGate on Jan 10, 2018, 9:24:03 PM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2018, 8:08:30 PM
Would you say this is viable as a league starter?
Explain how the branch of Soul Raker claws works in this assembly, please?

I realized jewel
Lioneye's Fall Viridian Jewel explained everything thanks!
Playing in Standard what items would you swap? Especially the belt as it cannot be aquired in standard.

Thank you for streaming and sharing this build! :)
Last edited by Rullmihr on Jan 14, 2018, 1:34:03 PM
"
Kappa999 wrote:
Would you say this is viable as a league starter?

Not directly a starter, no. It takes a bit of currency to get rolling, and leveling Bow is generally hard. I'd say you could do something like Frost Blades and transition into it or some other skill that works well with a Raider tree.
"
Rullmihr wrote:
Playing in Standard what items would you swap? Especially the belt as it cannot be aquired in standard.

Bisco's Leash or Perandus Blazon would work well ;3
Thank you for the quick answer! :)

How would you work IIQ and IIR into this build?

I see that the IIR are linked to HoI and a curse but I didn't think that worked very well.

"
"
Rullmihr wrote:

Bisco's Leash or Perandus Blazon would work well ;3

"
Rullmihr wrote:

I see that the IIR are linked to HoI and a curse but I didn't think that worked very well.

It works well if you're shattering. You'll notice the power charge generation going off, and that's pretty much all it's needed for. The Item Rarity is just icing on the cake if you happen to kill stuff with it.
and is it worth it to farm brutal chamber for the doctor if we don't have a bisco also i don't understand why nort take a drillneck +1 arrow ?
Last edited by gisabelle on Feb 11, 2018, 9:30:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info