[3.0] "Screw Magic" Pure Phys Max Block Explosive Bleed Blade Flurry Glad

Hi there, guys. Firstly, I would like to mention that all rights, idea and thoughts belong to my friend - shoutout to TheBattlemaster. I'm just posting it here.

1. This is, generally, a budget (not really) build which can do MOST of the content in game. The main idea of this build is to reach the maximum amount of spell + attack block, using gladiator's ascendancy plus some unique items. The main damage sources are Brutality gem and Bleeding mechanics from Ascendancy talents Gratitious Violence and Blood in the Eyes.

2. Pros:
- No Vaal Pact (doubtfully an advantage);
- Relatively cheap (in about 15-20 exalts), the cheaper version costs really low (2-3 ex);
- Pretty good Tankiness because of HP pool + block + spell block;
- ABSOLUTELY no need to precast any shit like auras, minions, vaal spells, etc.);
- Beginner friendly.

Cons:
- As long as Breach and Legacy leagues are over, it can be quite hard to get The Surrender early;
- GG gear is very expensive because it depends on rare weapon and rings;
- Cannot party with aurabots because you simply don't benefit of most of your allies' auras.

3. Gear.
Spoiler
Unique items

Gruthkul's Pelt perfectly fits full phys gladiator + Blood magic usage (that will be explained further on).

The Surrender is essenital for this build as long as you're gonna block most of crap your enemies gonna kill you with. Armor on block + any block triggers Health Recovery allows you even go AFK sometimes. Helps against lags, ping issues and disconnects sometimes :D

Anvil. Obviously, the only way to reach 78/78 block chance for us.
For clearing maps you can freely use Bisco's, switching it back on Anvil on boss fights.

Belt of the Deceiver grants a bit of dps, some resistances and "Enemies are intimidated", which increases our dps as well. This slot can be upgraded with HeadHunter though.

Rare items

Rare one-handed sword High physical DPS rare sword will do nicely. If you're short with currency, you can simply run Scaeva on low tier maps.

With the rest of our items we cap our resistances and required intelligence. Look for flat phys, high life rolls, resistances and maybe attack speed on rings and gloves (expensive shit). As long as we're using Resolute technique, notice that we don't need any accuracy.

4. Flasks.

As we're using brutality, most of flasks are not available for us, so we only have Lion's Roar, which massively increase our dps and give some defense too. Second, the Witchfire Brew increases dps from our bleedings, which also affect Crimson Dance.
The rest flasks are free to choose, either they are utility or, for example, Dying Sun, Kiara's Determination or Rumi's Concoction.

5. Pastebin for Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/pe9VwQdC

There I made a skill tree for those who don't have Path of Building:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPcACSQAAHi5HRXsivDpRsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-py_MwYK2imLshO_awXTtBS1670CgwL-plQz3rK8blzJORrfTb2EhGlVan-3XZrY26IZgYVJFmojtqfrh7zpSDjzfv9tP4MMlvLyfGJEUcdl8ggcbqhDw8lqBOsEH135jF_jr6hj3MnzZdqzPfq2N8kHSIZ7N8pxul_e-6dV5OX7iGj5fPxQg7w5QR-RRl3koKotPGbQtgxUg9qPvetN-SO494n11_rp4rrGzG60EsXsUo4oj9k2SjX0wfNRSy_UxsNy95w_2SIzPPfxYYwaLIOO-eGzYgZs9AF_aCiYAAAAAAA==

6. Links.
Main skill: Blade Flurry - Melee Physical - Brutality - Faster Attacks - Maim - Ruthless
Early on, you can easily start with 5-link, simply removing Ruthless;

Movement: Shield Charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks;

Gems socketed in The Surrender: Life Gain on Hit - Bloodlust - Brutality (Reckoning skill benefits from gems socketed in the shield);

Supportive ones:
Ancestral Protector - Melee Physical - Brutality - Faster Attacks;

Vengeance - Brutality - Bloodlust - Enduring Cry;

Riposte - Brutality - Bloddlust - Melee Physical.

7. Why Blood Magic? Blood magic perfectly fits this build because there is not so much good mana reservation auras that can work with brutality. That's why we choose Gruthkul's Pelt, where "Spells are disabled" means you cannot use any gems that have tag "Spell" on it (we can still use attack skills, totems, cries).

8. Leveling. Of course, the choice is yours, but I would recommend to take Sunder using Screaming Eagle axe (which you can upgrade to The Gryphon), and any other leveling uniques e.g. Goldrim, Wanderlust, Lochtonial Caress etc. Note that you can put on your Gruthkul's Pelt on level 38 if your budget allows you to get 5-link.

9. Bandits. Kill all or keep Oak alive, that is for you to decide (I prefer to kill them all).

Thanks for your attention, you can ask me any questions, I will try to answer them as soon as possible. Any suggestions and advices are appreciated. If I forgot to add something, with your reminders I can fix it quickly :D
Last edited by jetgzslr on Nov 3, 2017, 3:16:03 AM
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2017, 5:40:09 PM
Thanks for sharing. Any video to showcase the build?
"
jasonangshu wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Any video to showcase the build?
Sorry, dude. I have potato computer, can't do any videos. Even any league effects cause lagging. That's one of the reasons why I chose to use nearly an AFK build to keep myself alive no matter how much it lags.
Last edited by jetgzslr on Nov 6, 2017, 12:59:36 AM
Can I do ALL IN GAME with this build?
"
Can I do ALL IN GAME with this build?
Yes, except HoGM, because you need some specific changes to kill max block exiles. Uber Atziri is pretty tough too, but I'm sure this build is DEFINITELY able to kill all endgame bosses. The difficulty of killing bosses there is deteremined by you gear (400+ pdps sword with decent other gear should be enough way too much).
What would you recommend to replace the now useless Witchfire Brew?
hi Ruthless and Blade Flurry no good
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile: War for the Atlas

Ruthless Support can no longer support Channelled skills.
"
KingLeoric666 wrote:
Well, it seems to be fucked up for now. :D So you can either take Dying Sun or Kiara's Determination changing nothing else. But I would recommend to take Rumi's Concoction, drop some block nodes on tree and replace it with DPS nodes (in case you are ok with running TWO Granite flasks, which give you only 1 instance of extra armor buff).
"
hiorgq wrote:
hi Ruthless and Blade Flurry no good
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile: War for the Atlas

Ruthless Support can no longer support Channelled skills.
Hi!
That's bad, mate. I think there are two ways now:
1) Change our 6L a bit: go for Cleave - Brutality - Multistrike - Melee Physical - Faster attacks - Maim/Ruthless.
2) Keep Blade Flurry, grab some more intelligence and go for: Blade Flurry - Brutality - Meleee Physical - Faster attacks - Maim - Concentrated Effect/Increased AoE.

P.S. Also you can try to replace Ruthless with Damage on full life, but I am not sure how does it work with Blood Magic.
"
jetgzslr wrote:
"
KingLeoric666 wrote:
Well, it seems to be fucked up for now. :D So you can either take Dying Sun or Kiara's Determination changing nothing else. But I would recommend to take Rumi's Concoction, drop some block nodes on tree and replace it with DPS nodes (in case you are ok with running TWO Granite flasks, which give you only 1 instance of extra armor buff).

I'm running a Silver Flask for now and it works great. Thanks for the respons maybe i try Rumi's later. The conc and inc aoe option ist also nice. I had the idea already ^^

Have a good one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info