Trade Manifesto

Every single league there's a point when I quit the league: The moment I have to spend more time trading than playing. I even skipped the last league because I was afraid of having to deal with the trading simulator game.

This time I tried SSF but the RNG is so high that is really hard to get the items you need, so now i just paid to have my stashes in the console version, only to have access to the trade market.

Also the bot fear is stupid, the game is already filled with bots. Do you really think a bot that can play better than a pro, can't go and trade items? Just try to trade currency and you already see bots trading.

Wanna make this better? Then make SSF characters non transferable and have increased drop rates. Then add the market board to the non-SSF.
You made another crafting league that wants me to trade all the time to use it. This trade system doesn't work because you keep developing content wants to be traded all the time. If we were just trading gear it would be fine, if trade wants anything other than gear it's broken.
So we have it,

2,5 years OF NOTHING CHANGED. Please tell me what is the purpose of that trade manifesto? Almost everyone is complaining about existing trade system, most of people want TH/AH, whatever that can automate the process and doesn't require
1: third party apps
2: closing the game
3: leaving a map or whatever activity (you're putting more and more of them) you're in
You already have premium stash tabs which can be some "personal shop tabs". Put an item, set the price, forget about it, take the profit. That should be the QoL function. And please, the argument of "it will make less interactions with players" is so stupid. "Hi, I'd like to buy xxxxxxxxxxx" > "ty"
So much interaction yea, if I want to speak with someone I can do it despite the trading.
If that outdated, not working and literally annoying system will be implemented to PoE 2.0 I won't spend even a dollar on it. Probably I won't be even playing.
DO SOMETHING WITH IT.
I don't want TH/AH and disagree with people from above. Trading system bad as it is, but proposed ideas bad too. Maybe some light improvements to current system - yes.

Trading gives so much beautiful interactions. Looking for some cool new hideout design, or trying to get item cheaper or write them with tip 10-20% so they will not ignore your trade message etc. It's some kind of skill itself.

Plus I think you want too much from trading, maybe you need more play by themselves in maps and not trade at all. Lower your trade interactions to minimal, buy only in extreme cases or sell with higher or fewer items to not be spammed with trades all the time. There is a solution for every problem you encountered.

There is a solution for every problem you have encountered. But what most people want just to automate trade and get easy peasy currency from trading for their needs. THAT IS WRONG!

Want farm currency from trading -> spend YOUR PRECIOUS TIME for this.
Want farm currency via sellign high ex gear? Map/craft/do league etc. Want to craft 100 amazing high valuable gear and get x100 of value from it? SPEND YOUR TIME again, not just be easy clicking from AH to buy 100 oils etc from automated trading to ease your money making experience.

Manifesto is trying to deliver you their message, that this is ARPG in the first place, not trading platform to farm currency for the league for you...

Manifesto already answered for 90% of your complaints and why your soltuions are BAD and WILL ruin the game more.

ITS RPG TO PLAY SLAY MONSTERS GET GEAR and NOT A TRADING SIMULATOR FOR YOUR NEEDS.

Maybe you all need to look at your time/view for the game? Take it easier/play fewer time. You just can't make a proper limit/barrier when to stop.

TLDR:
1 - Want abuse trading to get more currency from it? - spend your precious time for it, if you think it's worth.
2 - Want to play THE GAME? - play it with fewer trading operations.

And on what I more angrier than anything - it's how you write your messages to developers and tone/manner. IT'S DISGUSTING, your demands and complaints with such attitude, think more about people from company who will read it.. No one owes you anything. Write proper formal messages with your ideas how to fix/ease trading and maybe some of them will be good and will trigger in devs some future solutions to trading.
Last edited by nikpoe on Aug 17, 2020, 4:53:51 AM
"
nikpoe wrote:
I don't want TH/AH and disagree with people from above. Trading system bad as it is, but proposed ideas bad too. Maybe some light improvements to current system - yes.

Trading gives so much beautiful interactions. Looking for some cool new hideout design, or trying to get item cheaper or write them with tip 10-20% so they will not ignore your trade message etc. It's some kind of skill itself.

Plus I think you want too much from trading, maybe you need more play by themselves in maps and not trade at all. Lower your trade interactions to minimal, buy only in extreme cases or sell with higher or fewer items to not be spammed with trades all the time. There is a solution for every problem you encountered.

There is a solution for every problem you have encountered. But what most people want just to automate trade and get easy peasy currency from trading for their needs. THAT IS WRONG!

Want farm currency from trading -> spend YOUR PRECIOUS TIME for this.
Want farm currency via sellign high ex gear? Map/craft/do league etc. Want to craft 100 amazing high valuable gear and get x100 of value from it? SPEND YOUR TIME again, not just be easy clicking from AH to buy 100 oils etc from automated trading to ease your money making experience.

Manifesto is trying to deliver you their message, that this is ARPG in the first place, not trading platform to farm currency for the league for you...

Manifesto already answered for 90% of your complaints and why your soltuions are BAD and WILL ruin the game more.

ITS RPG TO PLAY SLAY MONSTERS GET GEAR and NOT A TRADING SIMULATOR FOR YOUR NEEDS.

Maybe you all need to look at your time/view for the game? Take it easier/play fewer time. You just can't make a proper limit/barrier when to stop.

TLDR:
1 - Want abuse trading to get more currency from it? - spend your precious time for it, if you think it's worth.
2 - Want to play THE GAME? - play it with fewer trading operations.

And on what I more angrier than anything - it's how you write your messages to developers and tone/manner. IT'S DISGUSTING, your demands and complaints with such attitude, think more about people from company who will read it.. No one owes you anything. Write proper formal messages with your ideas how to fix/ease trading and maybe some of them will be good and will trigger in devs some future solutions to trading.

"2 - Want to play THE GAME? - play it with fewer trading operations." <<< i guess you have stopped when game was realeased and there was nothing to do. Now there are so many new mechanics that REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE GOOD ITEMS to even complete them that that argument is invalid.
"ITS RPG TO PLAY SLAY MONSTERS GET GEAR and NOT A TRADING SIMULATOR FOR YOUR NEEDS." << great, that's why we have item filters cause 99,99% (or even more) items that drop from slaying monsters are totally useless rubbish. Are you even playing PoE man?
add trade seach into client and remove bots more often or hire more ppl that will monitor and remove/seach bots
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I personally think they should just get rid of trading. Honestly, this game was meant to be a grind and long. If one can't get through atlas within 3 months, they'll understand why its called League and not Standard. But, due to stash tabs and what not, that idea of trading going away can never happen, theoretically speaking.

"
hdvlad wrote:
"
tkots8080 wrote:
This manifest all wrong. Prove is CH POE.
trade is very simple click and buy and we are playing all league time not just 2 weeks.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but you're a minority for sure. I bet if GGG has the guts to open a poll about the quality of the Trade System, it'd be a crushing majority saying it completely sucks.

HDVLad is right about that. I would love to see a Poll on the quality of the trade system. Whether you like the system or not, the majority of players have been seeking easier ways to trade and obtain items. We god damn drop filters for crying out loud. Players on youtube showing off their dope third party setups and countless of players loving to trade with bots.
Now whether adding an easier form of trading is good for the game? IMO as it stands now, not so much. For standard at least. With only a handful of players getting through late atlas every league (compared to the amount of characters created in league) I can see a slightly easier method of trading increasing the pool of players getting through mid-atlas.

Personally...
I rarely trade and I rarely do leagues. I don't do leagues because I am dog shit horrible with gear. There are zillions of pieces and tbh, trading could be super easy and my build would still suck balls cuz half the crap I can't afford, don't understand and I don't study gear like Omgitsjousis, "Salutations Exile". To bring the point home, I never played any other character past 40 besides a Necro.... such an easy class and I click less. I can save my clicking to pick up items. Necro the only class I was able to "one shot"... kill really really fast... Innocence. Felt so good....

Going back to filters and how the manifesto mentioned reducing drop rates. I wouldn't mind reducing the drop rate to .00001% with the amount of rare drops I see. (That'll be the 20 pieces of Abberath's Horns in my storage, yet I can't get one Tabula v_v). Imagine POE where normal and magic items are the norm during early end game and rare and unique are actually rare and unique. Aha, that'll be hilarious. (I seen necros and guardians beating shaper with just one 6 link wep so...)
I'm wondering. If somehow I'm not actually afk but tabbed out still being able to do the trades is there a way to notify me when i go in afk-mode so i can tab to poe and move a little or press a button manually?
Well, I'll try to make this short.

Do I like to trade? It's OK
Do I hate price fixers? Grrrrr
Have I chosen to be in a trade league? Yes, yes, yes
Do I every once in a while run into a nice person in trade? Occasionally
Do I choose to be a professional trader/flipper etc? Hell no
Do I try to be polite in trade? Yes
Do I try to limit my trades after the first few days of the league? Yes
Is trade a pain sometimes? Yes, but usually if I am trying to get a deal

Is trade in it's current form good enough? Yes, but it is up to the individual to learn how to do it efficiently with discipline.

Most of the strong stances people make against the "inconvenient trading" are likely because they have not played this game long enough and don't understand when to seriously limit their trading. I used to get annoyed (as most of us do on occasion) when we send out 15 messages in a row and get no response. Part of that falls on the player for being cheap. Just saying.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Sep 8, 2020, 12:48:07 AM
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
Well, I'll try to make this short.

Do I like to trade? It's OK
Do I hate price fixers? Grrrrr
Have I chosen to be in a trade league? Yes, yes, yes
Do I every once in a while run into a nice person in trade? Occasionally
Do I choose to be a professional trader/flipper etc? Hell no
Do I try to be polite in trade? Yes
Do I try to limit my trades after the first few days of the league? Yes
Is trade a pain sometimes? Yes, but usually if I am trying to get a deal

Is trade in it's current form good enough? Yes, but it is up to the individual to learn how to do it efficiently with discipline.

Most of the strong stances people make against the "inconvenient trading" are likely because they have not played this game long enough and don't understand when to seriously limit their trading. I used to get annoyed (as most of us do on occasion) when we send out 15 messages in a row and get no response. Part of that falls on the player for being cheap. Just saying.

Wanting to pay the price they ask for isn't being cheap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info