Trade Manifesto

People dont get that this game is SSF mode with a cheat menu on the side, aka poe.trade

Sure, it is not perfect nor ideal, but consider it a cheating mechanism.
An imperfect cheating mechanism.

To be honest, the game lost a lot of appeal to me in trade league because drops started to feel boring and meaningless, it all translated to Chaos Orbs.

Drop X item - Check Value in Chaos - To get Y item valued in Z Chaos Orbs.

Come on people, go back to the time when you started and you felt so damn good and powerful when that first unique dropped and you thought: Wow this is gonna make me stronger!

I still play D3 to this day too, partly because of the SSF appeal.
"
m3lt wrote:
People dont get that this game is SSF mode with a cheat menu on the side, aka poe.trade

Sure, it is not perfect nor ideal, but consider it a cheating mechanism.
An imperfect cheating mechanism.

To be honest, the game lost a lot of appeal to me in trade league because drops started to feel boring and meaningless, it all translated to Chaos Orbs.

Drop X item - Check Value in Chaos - To get Y item valued in Z Chaos Orbs.

Come on people, go back to the time when you started and you felt so damn good and powerful when that first unique dropped and you thought: Wow this is gonna make me stronger!

You don't get POE is not a SSF game. Maybe it was in beta, now it's not. People decide what it is, vast majority of ppl play in temporary leagues with trading system so that is POE, the game in which you trade items for currency to buy more powerful items. There is SSF mode for people like You but again, vast majority plays temp leagues. If it was SSF game like You say, GGG should write a new manifesto: "We ban trading, now it's SSF cause we wanted it to be SSF". You're missing a point here.
"
m3lt wrote:

The game's difficulty increased a lot, because the big players/streamers (and thus traders) are able to buy all the gear they need for their build, and it's obvious that the game is geared towards this small percentage of players.

So yes, that means drops have become meaningless and trade has become big. All this is how GGG decided to cater for the needs of the few.

Though there's a small percentage, that probably includes you, that have time and knowledge to craft what they need. Because frankly, I don't have enough time to farm the necessary currency to craft high level gear, like thousands of fusings to try and create a 6-link.

"
m3lt wrote:

I think the first unique drop I was like: wtf is this? Has nothing what I need! Why do you think people ignore about half of the uniques in the game?

"
m3lt wrote:

D3 is much easier to farm for certain gear. The possibility to farm for your class or from a smaller pool. Just the option to transform a unique into another in the same set makes it a lot easier.
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
Last edited by PlatoniusIII on May 20, 2019, 3:22:39 AM
I think the last dozen people I traded with were bots, and thank god for them because otherwise you get no response or wait around for a half hour not playing the game.

The current implementation is trash and if they actually played solo like the vast majority of the base they would see how crappy it really is.
Easy trade means that I will not quit every league after 2 weeks of playing, because I'm sick of current trade system. Year 2019 and you still need to ALT+TAB from game to web browser for trading. Guys really?
2019, lets make a game people have to log in and stand around for a dozen hours and also nerf drop rates so they have to participate, what could go wrong?

No incentive for massive botting in this second grader design is there? Who do they think plays these games that has a dozen hours a day to stand around not playing the game and trade?
I`m a new POE player, i loved AC in D3, it worked perfectly fine, low drops , when unique drops you feel great cos it will cost A LOT, and in your game when unique drops i feel like "oh, 1\4 of alchemy again".
Bots were an issue only for Farming currency, i dont have 100500 hours a day to play this game,i have a job and i dont like to spend hours to buy maps to complete the atlas to actually start getting some maps, its just silly. I want to feel the progression of the character.
I am sure you loose a lot of player base for not having an easy trade,POE is a good game but it was made not for players, everything here is made to prolong game process, size of inventory, quantity of different kinds of drop, absence of trade system, the price of crafting.It took me a month to understand you`re fooling your audience, be real literaly 5% of players get to endgame,GJ and see ya when you`re start changing your game to fit different kinds of play style.
"
themrpid10 wrote:
2019, lets make a game people have to log in and stand around for a dozen hours and also nerf drop rates so they have to participate, what could go wrong?

No incentive for massive botting in this second grader design is there? Who do they think plays these games that has a dozen hours a day to stand around not playing the game and trade?

To be fair, those guys are just currency traders. Actual loot has to be found and made with a fair level of knowledge of the game.

The problem is that most people dont recognize good rare drops. Most people ignore like 5 ex worth of items in every season and in turn make those items worth more. This includes myself.

That said, I prefer an AH if only for currency trade, just so that those guys dont beat the game by just trading currency pretty much.

you can already stand around for hours with the current system, how is AH going to change that? it would actually make it better since it will save you a lot of time. and it wouldn't affect drop rates, because all the good stuff is being posted for trade anyway.

also the argument about how only 10% trading and they would get a massive advantage because of the AH is invalid. 90% don't trade because it's inconvenient or they don't even know about it.

you could give the players their personal vendor they could set up in their hideout, so you still had to come over to them, so it wouldn't be instantaneous. it would be a nice middle ground between the current system and the fully automatic AH
Last edited by Creditor on Jun 2, 2019, 7:48:46 AM

"
Creditor wrote:
you can already stand around for hours with the current system, how is AH going to change that? it would actually make it better since it will save you a lot of time. and it wouldn't affect drop rates, because all the good stuff is being posted for trade anyway.

also the argument about how only 10% trading and they would get a massive advantage because of the AH is invalid. 90% don't trade because it's inconvenient or they don't even know about it.

you could give the players their personal vendor they could set up in their hideout, so you still had to come over to them, so it wouldn't be instantaneous. it would be a nice middle ground between the current system and the fully automatic AH

totally agree with you,
most of us casual players even pros,
dont pick every single rare item we see, we might pick some good bases or rings,
but that about it,
and when we pick them up is not "WOW maybe ill get that exact ring i need"
no its wow maybe it can sell for 15c
so i can by myself this Awesome item i wanted for so long.

the reasons why not make Ah are such bu**s***.
Last edited by Jupi_jup on Jun 2, 2019, 11:55:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info