Trade Manifesto

Let me put it in simple words:

It sucks balls to trade maps :(
Arbitrarily slowing my progression down so I buy more MTX, GGG I've already hit the spending threshold for the game many times over, can I get an AH just for me since I've invested enough already? I either spend 1 hour looking for an item or 1 minute then I go back to playing, just save me 59 minutes of time please?

Most of the people in the game don't stay past 2 weeks anyway, just give them more shit and they will stay longer cause they will be able to do more content and enjoy it more for the 3-4 weeks they play.... Hello?

You say "We can't give you what you want because you're too stupid to understand that if we give it to you, you will be unhappy." I'm pretty sure I fucking hate talking to other players for an hour almost every day after day 2 to get a 1% upgrade. Cause I'm sure as shit not gonna find it on the ground like I'd like to cause the drop rates are fucking mangled so we can trade like we have an AH, but we don't have that, we have AFK players, price fixing and bots.
Lets be honest here. Trade sucks.
I understand why they think the way the do about "easy trade" causing issues.
But cutting easy trade all together is not the way to go about it when you're trying to be the best competitive arpg. It is the LAZY way to go about it.

Searching for items, having to alt-tab every 5 seconds, re-spam people because items are already sold, is frustrating as hell, and takes time away from actual game play. I spend hours in menus trying to get an item with .01% better stats for my character. Its not fun.

I shouldn't have to leave my game and have a bunch of third-party add-ons that could EASILY be included in-game, and after synthesis I'm not sure I'm coming back. Its the same excuse of "lets just have the player base make some mods to fix our completely unusable system."

This manifesto is just testament to "we're just going to make more microtransactions and not fix the glaring issues that everyone wants fixed tehe."

Time to wake up, GGG. Your D3 crash is over, and there are LOTS of good ARPG's coming out in the next few years. Stop with this MTX bait and make a playable experience, its not 2013 anymore.
There's a BIG gap between AH and the mess GGG calls trade in the current state.

What about having the actual trade be automatic. So the game takes care of the items for the seller and buyer. No more scam possibility. And then instead of travelling to your hideout, why not have a pop-up where a sale can be approved, so it's possible to do it in a map, in the lab, wherever. When properly implemented, it will still give the option to negotiate a price.

There is so much room for improvement. Keeping trade in it's current state means that all you care about is the people who spend hours each day online and can afford the time to actually trade. Because again - the few hours per week I can play the game, I don't want to interrupt with trading.

Because let's face it: the whole world is moving away from going to a physical store to buy something! Just PoE sticks to the "HUGE" player interaction of going to a hideout. Like we're striking up conversations here. Like we're creating friendships for life in this little trade moment. Wake up guys. Trade in it's current form is unworkable.

But if the "economy" is so important to you... no more real world money from me until you fix trade!
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
Last edited by PlatoniusIII on May 9, 2019, 3:24:52 AM
The trade page is already 75% towards an AH, just add a buy button.

The whole rant the anti-AH whiners have is that somehow people should be able to falsely list items they don't intend to sell apparently, otherwise what is the big deal? The items are already listed for sale [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Al_GGG on Jun 25, 2019, 7:18:55 PM
My idea for better trading:

* Make all hideouts have a "trade board" where players come to buy the listed gear/currency instead of trading player to player.
*The "trade board" lists all the sellers items in a "stash"
*Trade borad accepts only currency of sellers choice or predefined alt currency of sellers choice in his predefined ratios.
*From "trade board" you can request to meet/msg seller to discuss price IF seller wants to have that option
*Trade board" will only show listed items from seller
*The trade board listings can in this way be listed in an AH with instead of buy button is a visit Hideout button whitout the drawbacks GGG is concerned about

This makes it so no bots can be trading in this manner as it makes the player go to the selling players hideout and walk to the "trade board" then select the correct "page" and then the "item" and after that trade.

This makes it so that hideouts / decorations will be more attractive as more players will go to them and check them out.

This makes it so Seller wont have to go out and trade and loose time.

This makes it harder for seller or buyer to scam each other in current ways that exist.

This makes it that buyer can scroll through all sellers listings when looking at trade borad to see if theres more he wants to buy from seller.
This also makes it you dont have to contact 100+ sellers to get for example diffrent fossils/maps as same seller can have more of what you want

This removes the current dilemma of have to be online 24/7 to sell your stuff

This makes the current problem of dying leagues to have "less" items as above point, you dont have to be online.

Edit:
Forgot that this also makes the current price fixing problem dissapear as listed items will be sold for listed prices.

This idea had more points to it before for this arrangement but forgot most as it was an idea i had in Betrayal League but havent played so much in this league for reasons ...
Please give constructive critisim for this idea and bump it to GGG ;)
Last edited by Flaxaren on May 12, 2019, 6:36:19 AM
Race started 1 day ago and ex:c alrdy ruined and will be worse in few days...

GGG must start do something with bots
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
There are many cases when people just don't reply to a trade proposal. It's very frustrating when you send a routine trade request and don't get any reply at all, not even AFK or DND for hours. I mean how many years am I supposed to farm let's say a stack of Uul-Netol if I can't rely on traders and how's that "more fun to slowly and iteratively upgrade a character over time and to have a longer journey to gear a character up".
"
Chris wrote:

Easy trade reduces the number of times a character improves their items.
Easy trade means reducing drop rates
Easy trade would make the disparity between different players too great
Easy trade allows for greater abuse by automation

I read this again, and it is as fundamentally wrong this time as the first time.

1 - People avoid trade the way they avoid the DMV and the dentist. Sorry New Zealanders, the DMV is a horrible place in America where you get car registration, it takes hours, for no reason. People do less trade than otherwise because the system is horrid, yet trading once every 30 levels is still more effective than what they find themselves, because 99.9999% of drops are garbage.

So trade is better than finding, but trade is horrid, so bad trade means less times a character improves their gear.

2 - Reduced drop rates. To maintain the same power rates, yes.

However, many leagues have different player power rates and we can concretely say all melee are half as powerful before recent nerfs, yet people still play them. Power rate has little impact on the game.

3 - Disparity is increased right now between people willing to use the horrible system and those not willing. The average new player uses it not at all.

You increase disparity in the name of your visions. I dont believe you are too stupid to see this, so you are willfully ignoring it.

4 - The automoton is not a reason to make your game horrible for regular players. Dont punish us to fix your bot problem. Why do I HAVE TO TELL THIS TO YOU? How is it not obvious?

So summarize, you ignore players, you dont play your own game, you refuse feedback. I hope you are fired and replaced soon, and I look forward to returning to an improved PoE at that time.
"
trixxar wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Easy trade reduces the number of times a character improves their items.
Easy trade means reducing drop rates
Easy trade would make the disparity between different players too great
Easy trade allows for greater abuse by automation

I read this again, and it is as fundamentally wrong this time as the first time.

1 - People avoid trade the way they avoid the DMV and the dentist. Sorry New Zealanders, the DMV is a horrible place in America where you get car registration, it takes hours, for no reason. People do less trade than otherwise because the system is horrid, yet trading once every 30 levels is still more effective than what they find themselves, because 99.9999% of drops are garbage.

So trade is better than finding, but trade is horrid, so bad trade means less times a character improves their gear.

2 - Reduced drop rates. To maintain the same power rates, yes.

However, many leagues have different player power rates and we can concretely say all melee are half as powerful before recent nerfs, yet people still play them. Power rate has little impact on the game.

3 - Disparity is increased right now between people willing to use the horrible system and those not willing. The average new player uses it not at all.

You increase disparity in the name of your visions. I dont believe you are too stupid to see this, so you are willfully ignoring it.

4 - The automoton is not a reason to make your game horrible for regular players. Dont punish us to fix your bot problem. Why do I HAVE TO TELL THIS TO YOU? How is it not obvious?

So summarize, you ignore players, you dont play your own game, you refuse feedback. I hope you are fired and replaced soon, and I look forward to returning to an improved PoE at that time.

I need to add something to point 4: I prefer trading currency/whatever with bots. At least they answer and trade everything they are programmed for. This is the biggest proof that "trade system" sucks in every possible way.
Last edited by goldenguti on May 17, 2019, 4:09:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info