Trade Manifesto

I don't trade because I hate how much it takes me out of the game. Need to check prices on 3rd party sites, teleport to the hideout, etc.

However, I am one of the few people who actually enjoy auction houses A LOT because it's "put the item in there and not care anymore".

If I want to trade a lot I'll start my EVE client. In PoE I do not want to spent so much time away from killing stuff and interacting with the game mechanisms.

HOWEVER, even without something like a trade house, if the trading wouldn't be so extremly cumbersome I would likely start to trade, just to be able to run more item dependent builds. Currently I only play SSF because I really dislike trade in PoE.
Alternative interpretation

There is currently a huge gap between those willing to put up with the trade and game the system, and players who are not.

In-game trade would not increase the gap, it would decrease it by providing a more level playing field and access.

Additionally, upgrades would occur more often, not less, because you could get the best weapon every 5 levels. Currently its not worth putting up with trade so you can upgrade every 20 levels.

Once you are in maps, you basically buy your endgame weapon maybe twice now?

Easy, free trade would reduce power gap, increase level playing fields, and revitalize crafting.

People would also have a use for the 10,000 drops they get per day because someone might want them if there was an actual trade system.

Frustrated in every league after hitting maps, wishing for an AH in 4.0

First of all i really like the game, I played a lot and every league i create new characters to play the new stuff. My max character is lvl 90, I think, but i have lots in 80-90 range, and playing since beta with another account.

The thing I most like in this game is the character customitzacion, and I love to create my own builds and try variations on popular builds of the forums. But I always wished a better trade system...

So whats my problem... THE TRADE SYSTEM SUCKS, yes I know I am beating a dead horse and GGG is aware of this and they refuse to give a new one... but I have to insist. None of my guildmates can't understant how this game that is really good in lots of aspects, isn't more player friendly with the trade system. Having to alt-tab browse in a web the items you want is archaic, having to whisper 10+ players for a single item is bad, having to be online "afk in your base" to sell something or leaving your current activity to sell it fast in 50s or they whisper someone else... is stupid. And well we all know the meme "player interaction" , copy&paste a premade text isn't player intectation.

Going back to the topic, this game is designed for trading... and after you finish the story in act 10 you get a heavy hit in resistences and you need to balance your gear, and to do that trading is a must, and lets not include if you need certain items for your build to just "be viable" and don't die in maps.

The problem itself is already troublesome for items, but it is even worse for map trading or currency trading. The system is bad, we all know it and there isn't any way that someone can defend the current trade system for maps/currency.

Well I have to say it again... this league seems fun, i did my own build that isn't perfect, but now I hit lvl 70 and maps... my resist aren't caped and my chaos mitigation is plain bad "i need shavronne but well 130chaos ... and trade", right now the masters in maps oneshoots me most of the time, the problem is too much "green" clutter and well as stated above i need to tune my characted... but its f....ckin imposible without trading.

They already have some sort of AH in china, and in the xbox version. We already have an AH, but we neeed to check the web and whisper copy&paste text, hoping that the one isn't afk or already sold the item 10 mins ago, or don't reply you becouse is the 20 whisper he recibes.

4.0 is the time for finally have and asincronous AH in the game, that don't require both players to be playing or alt-tabing.

We already have an AH... We already have the "play the AH", the problem and my complain is that isn't player friendly or integrated in the game and only 10% of the player base, those that play alot and have hours to spend time in game waiting for the whispers, can use it. For buying things we all have the AH, just we need to alt-tab and whisper 10 dudes, 50 depending on the item, waiting for a response from someone that isn't afk or bored of replying "already sold".

Making an actual action house in-game don't change anything for the dificulty of the game as it is currently, just makes it easy to interect and use what we already have and lets sell things to those that can`t play 6h a day or are afk watching neflix.

And for those that don't like AH they already have the SSF leagues.

Dear GGG your game is really good but the player retention in the game is lacking because once you hit maps, you have to deal with trading... and it's a pain so great that after a few days the pros of a new league are not enought to compensate the cons of the trade system.

Thanks for reading.
ITT: Noobs getting upsetti spaghetti that they can't buy their 1c rares and 1 alchemy uniques for any less and without ever having to interact with someone
"
Weeshnaw997 wrote:
ITT: Noobs getting upsetti spaghetti that they can't buy their 1c rares and 1 alchemy uniques for any less and without ever having to interact with someone

ITT: people who are online a lot in this game that can't understand that 'casual players' don't want to spend their precious time in trade
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
I really don't get how some of you can argue trade is easy AND most people are obviously not interested in trade anyway. This makes me really sad.

I am 99.99% sure that most people are not interested in trade anyway BECAUSE trade is NOT easy. It is annoying and as someone who downloaded the game and have no prior experience will take quite some time to even discover how to trade.

However, that said I don't expect that they will really improve that. The last interview with Chris I've heard is that based on his data he has the conception that easening the new-player experience is not worth it in terms of player retention anyway. However, I believe this is a huge misconception.

There are of course many reasons why games like Fortnite have 10x-100x as many players as games like PoE but one huge factor of them is definetly accesibility. Look at all the games with incredibly high player numbers. They are all on the easy side of the easily-accessible vs difficult-accessible scale.

Each and everyone of them.
Last edited by MNNoxMortem on Dec 17, 2018, 3:09:59 AM
Trading in PoE is so time consuming. I wisphered 20, yes 20 people for their exalted orb, one answered with sold. I play PoE for years, but atm I just think fuck this and maybe its better to play SSF.
Just start delete bots!

Less bots = healthy economy
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Need auction house definetly.this trading system is stealing your time for nothing.sometimes u have to stop playing like 10 15mins to get your item.because nobody is responding your request.there is lot of ppl doing the same.putting the item on trade but not selling, just putting there to reduce the actual value of item.its so boring because you are losing so much time.and lets say u are trying to sell.u have get out from map, wait the player to come to your hideout, give the item and return to your map.pfff.come on its not hard to put auction house system to your game.you have already that in your website why not put it to game?if i can say 1 negative thing about poe its definetly that shitty trade system.
As moste people said: change is very needed. The scheme for trading looks like this:
1: put something on sale
2: wait for someone to whisper
3: invite him to party
4: stop what you're doing
5: teleport to hideout (which is even more inconvinient during acts)
6: find that item in stash
7: send trade request
8: check items
9: write ty
10: go back to what you were doing.

Situation is even worse when You're searching for a specific item and noone is willing to do that 10 steps (which is most of the cases, who even bothers for 1c?)
I think the easiest solution to try with a chance to progress in the future is a system in which You must only accept in a prompt window (which not ofc interferes with the "fight" screen) "Do You want to sell xx for xx (listed price: xx)" and You press yes or no. That's it. No unnecessary actions. The item is sold, You get the currency, the guy gets the item.

If it works, the next step would be fully automated process where You put something on auction house and someone is buying it without any prompts. Just an information that it was sold and You get xx currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info