Harbinger Content Integration

Events ruined and harbing ruined too. Lets wait for new expansion that coming in Dec.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Qarl wrote:
The Orb of Binding and the Engineer's Orb did not resonate with players, and do not fill great enough need to be added to the core game at this stage.

More like, for the Orb of Binding, you wouldn't have more than one or two during the leveling phase, when it helps, and once you are 65+, you are more likely to jewel + fuse a good rare/unique than use these orbs. Don't know if many people would use then as "upgraded" alchemy orbs to try their luck on a good high level white base ?
Last edited by Atori on Nov 5, 2017, 11:19:51 AM
Good decisions, GGG.
Interesting mechanics enthusiast.
Does this news concerns only PC, or Xbox as well? I discovered PoE on console early September with this first league available to us and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I'm not sad to see part of the content disappear because I like change and I'm sure that what you have in store for us will be fun. However, you may already know that Xbox economy is extremely rough compared to PC, with price ranging from 5x to 50x what they have on PC. Buying a map on console is pretty expensive for atlas completion / progression and horizons / harbingers helped a lot. Too much I agree, but can we have something to compensate ridiculous tradeboard prices? Perandus was sold early on at 80 exalts, now it's more like 15-20 but it's still quite a lot.

Kaom's heart on PC now = 200c for cheap rolls, 15 Exalts for the same on console
Rat's nest on PC now = 5c (again poor rolls I know), 1+ EX on console for the same
Skin of the loyal (golemancer sockets) = 6EX, I never saw it yet on console, it's the price of awful socket combinations

Gearing up on PC feels so easy.

So don't get me wrong I like PoE, Harbinger addition etc. but please note that only a tiny fraction of people can afford eng game stuff on console as prices are ridiculous and that affects atlas progression deeply.

"
Fuuldrin wrote:
Does this news concerns only PC, or Xbox as well? I discovered PoE on console early September with this first league available to us and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I'm not sad to see part of the content disappear because I like change and I'm sure that what you have in store for us will be fun. However, you may already know that Xbox economy is extremely rough compared to PC, with price ranging from 5x to 50x what they have on PC. Buying a map on console is pretty expensive for atlas completion / progression and horizons / harbingers helped a lot. Too much I agree, but can we have something to compensate ridiculous tradeboard prices? Perandus was sold early on at 80 exalts, now it's more like 15-20 but it's still quite a lot.

Kaom's heart on PC now = 200c for cheap rolls, 15 Exalts for the same on console
Rat's nest on PC now = 5c (again poor rolls I know), 1+ EX on console for the same
Skin of the loyal (golemancer sockets) = 6EX, I never saw it yet on console, it's the price of awful socket combinations

Gearing up on PC feels so easy.

So don't get me wrong I like PoE, Harbinger addition etc. but please note that only a tiny fraction of people can afford eng game stuff on console as prices are ridiculous and that affects atlas progression deeply.

There's very few console players in comparison to PC players. That's unlikely to change, so you'll always see this pricing disparity.
My 2 cents...

I'm a medium/soft-core gamer, and my highest character is level 92. I start with a base build that I know can reach endgame, and then modify a bit, but not too much - I don't have the time or currency to screw up and rebuild, and still see endgame content.

Standard advice for higher tier maps is to only unlock/shape certain maps, and run those until your eyes bleed. In harbinger, I was able to unlock everything and experience everything for myself. When I wanted to mess around, I'd run random maps and have fun. When I wanted to level up or grind, I'd be more picky.

With harbinger/horizon orbs, I can experience all atlas content while still making some progress. I can choose my play style for the night. With those orbs gone, In order to optimize my limited playtime, I will almost certainly follow some guide, only unlock certain "best" maps, shape the atlas in the "best" way, so I can get to the same point I'm at now in Harbinger league.

Perhaps the removal of these orbs will improve some people's experience, but it doesn't improve mine.

I think you should keep Binding Orbs I used them a lot to level up a little more smoothly.
"
Atori wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
The Orb of Binding and the Engineer's Orb did not resonate with players, and do not fill great enough need to be added to the core game at this stage.

More like, for the Orb of Binding, you wouldn't have more than one or two during the leveling phase, when it helps, and once you are 65+, you are more likely to jewel + fuse a good rare/unique than use these orbs. Don't know if many people would use then as "upgraded" alchemy orbs to try their luck on a good high level white base ?

If you played SSF i had 3 by act 3 but i killed every harbinger I came across...
"
Butterman515 wrote:
If you played SSF i had 3 by act 3 but i killed every harbinger I came across...

Lucky you, as I killed every harbinger I encountered too, and had only 3 orbs (almost 4) when I started to try improving my gear, after killing Kitava in act 10...but I will admit that, even if I killed everyone I met, I didn't try to find them if they weren't on the most direct road to the exits.
But as almost everything in this game, RNG is RNG. Doing the same travel from level 1 to 70, some will see almost no binding orbs while others will swim in them.
And I still think the fact that it "didn't resonate" with players come from that orb scarsity for a lot of people (but that's just gut feeling, not a fact ^^).

Have a nice game.
So will there be a Unique in 3.1.0 which will have similiar(or same) effects like The Tempest Binding since it wont be avaible in 3.1? I hope so since i was waiting a long time to have fun with a new unique again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info