PvP is dead will you still fund GGG? (Straw Poll)

For the laughs and maybe something insightful will come of it. Forum PvP is the most competitive pvp in poe atm. Will you continue to buy support packs from GGG?

http://www.strawpoll.me/14286474/r
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2017, 4:15:22 AM
I can't wait to spend money for pvp improvements then watch Chris announce that money was used to finance a Nintendo Switch version of PoE.

Spoiler

Last edited by IceDeal on Nov 1, 2017, 6:43:08 AM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Nov 4, 2017, 1:58:03 AM
"
Aodui wrote:
If Chris Wilson would be kind enough to announce that they are removing PVP, I would stop giving them money and go play something else.

Until then, I refuse to give up a possible outfit combination and will make sure to capture every limited release MTX.

...and you wonder why they don't care about pvp?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Nov 4, 2017, 1:57:58 AM
lmfao 1 person checked the bottom. I am surprised it was only 1 person. I dont think it would cost them that much money to do a small survey about pvp demand. There had to of been thousands of dollars in supporter packs that were bought during the pvp seasons and by pvpers trying to get an outfit they liked to roll play with their pvp builds.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Nov 1, 2017, 10:50:38 PM
"
Aodui wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
...and you wonder why they don't care about pvp?

Most of us in the forums do not wonder why; they don't care about PVP because the most vocal players not only do not care for it, but vehemently oppose any resources being used for PVP.

View any Reddit thread when someone mentions PVP, every comment is followed up by a bandwagon of haters.
More people care about races, but that is still a small subsection of the population, and has fairly died out.
Even more people care about trading, but GGG has a hard stance against what players say they want in regards to trading.

The PVP community does not have leverage.
We exist in priorities somewhere in the same area as Guild feature enhancements.
Even if everyone who would quit without them did so, it would mean nothing to the game.
The Perfect Form will likely get 3d Art before we get Blight damage scaling.
4.0 will likely come out before the Winter Lab Enchant is corrected.

edit: I do like this idea people have that GGG is a modern company, making data driven decisions, and is keeping track of players who PVP regularly and correlating it with their purchases of supporter packs, to decide whether or not they should do more work on PVP. It would be amazing if they did something like that, but I bet if they did the results would be "we spent more money deciding on if we should do more work on PVP than all PVPers have donated combined."

The only way PVP will improve is if GGG takes a stance, like they do with trading, against the general player base.

you seemed to have missed the point... completely.

you're one of the most vocal about pvp. you even just said that if ggg said they're giving up on it, you'd quit giving them money (implying that pvp is the largest/sole reason you're here). but you'll stay on their hook and keep giving them money, while complaining about it and implying you'd be happier if you left. since you're paying them, regardless... why do work?

personally, i might actually pick up a supporter pack if the unicorn of pvp balance/rework would make a surprise appearance. but i'm not holding my breath.

at the end of my day, this is all just a game and it's no skin off my back.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Nov 4, 2017, 1:57:54 AM
"
Aodui wrote:

Apologies, I fully understand your idea, and usually at this point I just ignore whatever it is you are not following along with, but will make one more attempt, just for you, just for this issue, I will try to make this make sense to you.

It does not matter if we give GGG a few grand, engineers cost a lot more money than that.

Your belief that it does matter requires a very specific set of facts:
GGG has to be tracking PVP usage
GGG has to be correlating PVP usage with supporter packs
GGG has to decide to make business decisions based on current usage and support
The numbers have to show it is valuable

Under your theory, you must be believing that GGG is reading our PVP forums for anything other than language or hurt feelings, seeing who is posting, and saying "oh man! of the fifteen people who post in our PVP forums, three of them are showing a bunch of supporter tags, they probably gave us around $5,000 USD over the course of four years, we should totally just do whatever they say!" "aaaah! but wait, they will still keep that minuscule amount of capital flowing regardless of our decision, never mind guys, PVP can stay on the back burner."

You holding out on giving them $60 unless they release PVP changes is not something anyone sane would consider motivation for them to do so.

holy logical fail.

no, the above list you made is hardly a pre-req for incentive, nor is it a justification for you to have a monkey on your back.

it's obvious that you did completely miss the point, though. one provides incentive. the other provides no incentive. i didn't argue at all about the size or scope of incentive.

nice list of false equivalency followed by a bizarre strawman paragraph, though. perhaps if you spent 1/10 of the effort into responding to things actually said, instead of fiction that you made up...

eta: added quote, since you chronically try to cover up your brilliance by deleting your posts.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Nov 2, 2017, 3:13:59 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
holy logical fail.

no, the above list you made is hardly a pre-req for incentive, nor is it a justification for you to have a monkey on your back.

it's obvious that you did completely miss the point, though. one provides incentive. the other provides no incentive. i didn't argue at all about the size or scope of incentive.

nice list of false equivalency followed by a bizarre strawman paragraph, though. perhaps if you spent 1/10 of the effort into responding to things actually said, instead of fiction that you made up...

eta: added quote, since you chronically try to cover up your brilliance by deleting your posts.

He did provide a good point imo, but you provided no counter argument whatsoever.

I don't disagree with you either, not giving money seems an obvious choice for people who care about pvp to show some kind of disapproval, but if ggg cares about their supporter composition down to the level of pvp players as much as they care about pvp fixes, they won't even see a difference at all.

On the original matter, I feel that there are much better ways to highlight our problems than denying support. Bugs and exploits become much more embarrassing to them when they suddenly appear on top of reddit, or a streamer abuses it, and a lot of people see it, and right now most of our problems fall into that category.

Higher publicity of our biggest and most spectacular bugs can possibly move them up on their priority list a little bit.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info