can not support

its come down to this , i can not support a game that as a death exp lost , though i did like the game , after 6 years of fighting with the death exp lost ,,, done uninstalled from xbox and dont have a computer so all the charcters on the computer are crap , like the game . done sitting here day after day and running maps for exp just to die and try and remake that lost exp back again without die'ing again udder f'ing joke . the death exp lost in this game makes this game uninjoyable to even want to login to play . i'd rather hang myself than play this again
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2017, 11:06:39 AM
Losing XP is a very important feature and I like it. Just wait for the next levelup if you want to do something that might end in a death.

If you want an easy and unchallenging ARPG you might be better of with Diablo 3.
Path of Exile is designed so that most builds reach their zenith in the 70s or so. Past around level 90, the diminishing returns for continuing to level up are really in full effect. There’s no real reason to do so, other than bragging rights. And if you want some of those, well - they have to be earned.

The XP loss on death mechanic exists for this reason. It is not depriving you of something you need; merely making it so that the there is another objective in the game. You can go for level 100 if you choose to do so. That is a journey which requires understanding your character and what they are capable of, rather than just trying any map you get regardless of the rolls on it. When games have meaningful choices, they are better than other games where everything just happens automatically. The level cap in Path of Exile doesn’t even have an achievement associated with it. It is the most optional thing in the game. Don’t feel like you “have” to do it.

This all assumes that you’re in the 90s and trying to push on. If you’re playing a mid-level character and dying a lot, this points to a build problem. In that case you should look at how to improve your survivability. This could mean different ascendancy choices, better gear, or whatever.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
You are taking it the wrong way. The exp loss is a signal that there might be a way to make your hero stronger. So, therefore, you have to learn more about the game which is enjoyable. Or, if you are later game (mid 80s+), and have hit a wall, time to think what you want to do next.

For example my dude now is a full lightning Cycloner, and I thought it was a fail bc I was dying on every reflect map and most reflect enemies. But after thinking and editing my dude, I took out Herald of Lightning and then added Life Leech to my attack as well as dual curse (to add defensive curse) node in tree, and as a result I am off and running.

Good Luck, Have fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info