(3.0) Dominating Blow Necromancer double Scourge Claw build. Includes ASMR Video showcase/guide

Video (asmr)
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_esu-MMKI

The playstyle revolves around using these
weapons alongside dominating blow. Whirling across the map and "snowballing" your army of minions together, and then convocating 50+ minions on top of the boss to melt them.

Pros - Can melt most red tier bosses, super fast attack speed and whirling speed, can have 50+ and even 100+ minions depending on map for awesome damage and lots of meat shields, is pretty cheap and very gear flexible (50 chaos for the two claws, plus the chest can be any chest, cheap corrupted 6L etc), can run all map mods pretty comfortably.

Cons - You only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow, meaning if you get to the boss and die, you lose all your minions and you probably won't be able to kill it alone. Minion A.I is pretty unreliable at times (as seen in the video, you could have 100+ minions, but only 20 or so bother moving or attacking the boss). This build can cause some serious lag depending on your rig. I have a gtx 1070 non-oc and can occasionally dip below 60 on some extreme maps. And breaches, because you can't convert breach monsters.

The gear -

The only required gear piece for this build to function as it does in the video are the two claws. They give a lot of damage not only to us, but to our minions as well. The rest of your gear can be switched out as you like with a focus on hp, res, accuracy, and attack speed. I do recommend trying to roll a good bone helmet though, as the damage bonus from the implicit is really nice to have.

Flasks -

The only flask that is necessary is Laviangas. This allows us to sustain our high mana cost attacks until we capture enough souls for vaal clarity to remain up. I would personally recommend an onslaught flask since it's the biggest dmg boost we can get,along side a remove bleed flask since we attack close to 10x per second and have melee splash.

Gem links -
Dominating blow is linked with melee splash, multistrike, added chaos, added lightning, added cold.
Blasphemy is linked with elemental weakness, anger, and a lv 3 enlighten.
Vaal haste and vaal clarity is linked with increased duration.
Whirling blades is linked to faster attacks (and fortify if you have the colors, I just didn't have any chromes on me atm)
The rest of the skills are desecrate, flesh offering, and convocation, and can be socketed with anything you see fit.

Skill tree -
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAADuAdwD7gQHBLMI9A3iES0VJxZvGFYYXRpsGyUc3B2-IuIkqij6Kk0qmCycLOkyCTLRM4c1kjbpOlg64T8nQYdFR0WdR35H4kiOSshLrkyzTblN41NSVcZZbVqRX5hlTWh0aPJqQ2qsa9tsRm0ZbqpvO3Jsd-N4DXvDfIN9GILHg9uE2YVghrOIQIqvjLGPGpARkDOa4JuKogCkOaZXpqyofaluqsSsmK3xtfK3PriTvOq9Nr5PvqfAGsBmzLzPMtAf0_vYvdkL2VvaYt-K42rpAuvu7Irv6_Af8kX31_no_gr-jw==?accountName=Korvay&characterName=Demon_Queen_Nerine

For leveling I would recommend just leveling as a standard srs summoner build until you can wield the claws. The skill tree itself follows a typical srs one closely, so you shouldn't need to respec many, if at all any points.
For ascendancy I would start with mistress to level faster, then commander for res, and spirit eater last. I don't have uber points on this character yet, as the only other things I would want to take are the two small passive points before beacon and flesh. Since they would give us and our minions the most damage.

Jewels - Jewels are a pretty huge part of ours and our minions damage. Focus on getting minion damage, attack speed, and life on all your jewels if possible.

Bandits - Points.
Last edited by Korvay on Oct 31, 2017, 12:27:00 AM
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2018, 12:32:41 AM
Man no one replied to this... looks pretty good man. Nice job with a rare (uncared for) skill
Thanks! Going to work on a newer version once the patch comes out. Hopefully dominating blow gets some new things to work with.
This build is fun, but it has some quirks with it. Here is my build at present.

Skill Tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAADuA-4EBwSzBWYI9BEtFSAVJxZvGFYYXRm0Gmwc3B2-I9Mkqij6Kk0qmCycLOIs6S2DMgky0TOHNZI26TkLOlg64T8nQYdFR0WdR35HhUrITLNM_025TeNTUlXGVytZbVqRX5hlTWa6aHRo8mpDapNqrGvbbEZtGW6qbydvO3JseA17w3yDfRiCx4PbhNmFYIaziECKr4yxjxqPYJARkDOaaprgogCmV6asqH2qxKyYrfG18rc-uJO86r02vYK-p8AawGbMvM8y0B_Tj9P71ljYvdkL2mLfiuCf42rpAuvu7IPsiu_r8B_yRffX-ej-Cv6P_rM=?accountName=Demonasius&characterName=xX_Aries_Xx

For Dominating Blow I went with Multistrike + Melee Splash + Increased Duration + Damage On Full Life + Minion Damage

Also at present my build is immune to Shock, Ignite, Freeze, Chill, Poison and Bleeding.

The quirks are the build is pretty squishy, especially against Physical Damage. I use Arctic Armor and have some decent (but not great) armor in general and still get worked over quite a bit especially in Red Maps. I do recommend using Raise Zombies on a 4 link though. They may not be the main source of damage but grabbing the Flesh Binder ascendancy is a huge plus for adding to your physical mitigation with the zombies out.

Another quirk is your damage output seems pretty low, even with The Scourge.

Also multi stage bosses on this build are pretty tough (Pantheon gods) which can suck getting your god powers lined up initially.

I do recommend grabbing some of the Mana Leech nodes down by the Duelist, they're not far from where you go and they almost make Lavianga's not even needed as long as your hitting stuff.

I'm still working on this build of course, I'd like to find a way to get Endurance Charges worked in somewhere which could add some more Physical Mitigation. Thought a Red Nightmare jewel may help but they aren't cheap.

Either way a fun build no doubt, not the best for bosses or uber content so far I think but a great map clearing build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info