Hinekora Deaths Fury Chieftan Passive doesn't work?

It states "1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life". I am running scorching ray totems (x3) that deal about 150k DPS each. I get zero life returned to me. I know it is zero life because I also have vaal pact and my health does not increase at all no matter how much damage they are dealing to enemies?

I have tried other totems with skills that "hit" because I was worried that might have been the issue, but they also leech zero life for me.

Anybody else encounter this?
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2017, 10:03:13 PM
Leech (in any form) requires that you (or your totems in this case) Hit an enemy. Scorching Ray doesn't hit anything. The beam inflicts the mobs with a burning degen and resistance penalty. Therefore your totems cannot leech you life while using this node and Scorching Ray.
I had assumed that was the case and tried a different skill that I thought "hit" but apparently it doesn't either. I linked up a magma orb and it did in fact leech me life.

The issue is I had cross checked it with the Chieftan's Tukohama, War Herald skill which states "Totems Reflect 15% of their maximum Life as Fire Damage to nearby Enemies when Hit". It appears that it hits enemies as it isn't a channeled effect and it blasts out of the totem, striking surrounding enemies, but it doesn't work at all... which essentially kills the entire idea of my build.

Quite the bummer to find that out after running all the way through to uber labs to get all the ascendancy passives unlocked for the concept.

Thanks for your reply
Last edited by Enkidu on Oct 29, 2017, 10:17:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info