(3.0) CWDT Scolds Berserker build. Includes ASMR video showcase/guide. Red map viable so far.

Video Version (ASMR whispering) -
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ebiwmPqpI

First actual video I've done, so in case you're like me and can't stand the cringe, here's a written version. Oh, and this is still considered a build in progress for me since I'm technically only on a 4L BV setup and still need 2 ascendancy points. Not quite T1 yet but hopefully I can improve the damage a bit.

Written version - The build revolves around using this helmet

to trigger a plethora of spells that are linked to CWDT. We achieve this by increasing our mana cost as high as possible in order to let us trigger ourselves with enough damage.

The gear/links -
For weapons I chose to use two Apep's Rage wands. They give a total of 100-200 added chaos damage to each spell, 60% increased cast speed, and increase our mana cost by 40% each. In other words, they basically give us a free added chaos support gem in every link setup, as well as a faster casting gem in our main blade vortex setup. For one of your weapon slots, you want to have a lower CWDT gem linked to elemental weakness and a spell of your choosing. Since you always want to make sure that elemental weakness gets triggered and applied before any of your other spells trigger. The other weapon hosts a higher level CWDT gem, alongside any spells you want.

For a chest I chose a belly of the beast, but as stated in the video, you're better off dropping it for a good non-armor rare chest with high res and life. Reasoning being because you don't want armor on any of your gear pieces. Since scolds deals physical damage to us per cast, we don't want to mitigate any of it. For links I use Blade vortex, life leech, added fire, spell echo, arcane surge, and I'll be using conc effect/increased aoe when I get a 6L. We use blade vortex since it has good single target damage, and isn't a channeled skill. For those who don't know, channeled skills only count as mana spent for each time you individually cast the spell. Or in other words, each time you click your mouse. So unless you want to be clicking your mouse button 5x a second, I'd recommend staying away from channeled skills with this build. I use added fire for dmg, as well as to help trigger elemental equalibrium. Arcane surge goes really well with the build since we have a high mana cost, and the "More" multiplier it gives to spells affects ALL the spells, not just blade vortex. Life leech is a placeholder until I get cloaked in savagery. Once I do, I'll swap it out for an empower gem. Spell echo is pretty self explanatory.

For rings I use an essence worm and a rare unset ring. In the essence worm I socket an anger gem. Reasoning is since out of hatred, wrath, and anger, anger is the only one that benefits ALL spells. While hatred only affects phys and wrath only affects lightning. Socketing anger in the ring lets us reserve it for free, as well as use herald of ice in our other ring. Letting us keep the majority of our mana unreserved.

The rest of your gear is extremely flexible and up to you. The main things you would want imo would be life and res. As far as gem links go, use the highest CWDT gem you can sustain, as well as any spells of your choosing.

Flasks -

These are also pretty flexible. You want to make sure you have a remove bleed flask since we're running blade vortex and 15 spells. Other than that, the rest are to your liking. I use dying sun since it goes well with all the spells I trigger, atziris promise for extra leech since I don't have cloaked in savagery yet, Zerphi's as an instant life flask, and divination for the extra res and magic find since we never have full mana while attacking.

Passive tree/ascendancy -
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAQHBLMI9AthD6sRLRQgFr8aOBzcIZAi6iL0JDckiyaVJy8o-io4LJwyATLRNZI2PTpYOtg64TwFPC09Xz38RUdFnUyzTeNQQlBHUlNTNVNSVUtVrlXGVkhYY18qXz9f0GHiYetirGZUZ5to8mpDbAtsjG0ZbWx6U3yDgpuDX4PMg9uExYV7jDaMz48akFWTJ5eVl_SYrZo7muCbtZ2qn9-hL6IAplenCK4-r2yyGbVItz64k7zqvoq_CMBmwzrGrsbYz3rQH9Wm2CTYveRR6hDr5Ovu7DjtPO8O73zv6_Af8kX2SPhf_gr-jw==?accountName=Korvay&characterName=Lord_Death

Leveling - We can't use Scolds until maps, so I would just level as a standard aoe/elemental spell caster until you can. Since the pathing of my tree allows you to do so with little to no respecs needed. Leave the notables like vp and EE until mapping, but change and follow anything else to your liking.
Last bumped on Oct 28, 2017, 12:11:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info