Are Torchlight series games any good?

Just finished loading it up. Let's rock!
Torchlight 1 is much more similar to Diablo 1 or the Fate RPGs. Dungeon Crawler where you descend further into the levels doing RNG Quests till you fight the last Storyline Boss.

Torchlight 2 is much more similar to Diablo 2 but also has other Endgame Options for players. New Game+,Mapworks (Like PoE Maps), or Arena via Tarroch's Tomb.

If you're playing TL2 try it at least once in Vanilla to have a taste of how its played in Runic's vision.

After that I recommend grabbing some popular mods, Synergies is always a popular choice as it balances the original classes, stats and loot as well as expanding more on endgame playability.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Torchlight 1 is much more similar to Diablo 1 or the Fate RPGs. Dungeon Crawler where you descend further into the levels doing RNG Quests till you fight the last Storyline Boss.

Torchlight 2 is much more similar to Diablo 2 but also has other Endgame Options for players. New Game+,Mapworks (Like PoE Maps), or Arena via Tarroch's Tomb.

If you're playing TL2 try it at least once in Vanilla to have a taste of how its played in Runic's vision.

After that I recommend grabbing some popular mods, Synergies is always a popular choice as it balances the original classes, stats and loot as well as expanding more on endgame playability.

I'll definitely take that advice to heart. Thank you!
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
I dont think the games are bad, but I was never able to finish Torchlight 2, even with mods. also remember a while ago reading in their forums that even some mod creators hadnt' finished the game.
Dunno what it is, but it seems to be missing something

Didn't know about that... but I DO know that some of the runic games staff made mods themselves, there are two that increase the environment variety and one that allows 8 player multiplayer. As far as I know these don't interfere with anything, so they're good to have imo.

Same goes for one that enables some spell scrolls to drop that already exist but are normally unobtainable. Pretty fun spells from what I've seen :D

When I play it, its usually between sessions of other games (like PoE), I do love the system of spells with scrolls and I hunt for different class mods myself. One day I'll finish it, one day :P
Oblivious
Just saw this. The Reporter apparently started it for first time.

I read your post and thought it meant you were revisiting it.

I finished it yesterday, no mods, just vanilla and started a map. It's fun but balancing is far worse than PoE (but that isn't fair since PoE is constantly being tuned and this is what it was on release and post any patches).

It's a good game and the artwork is MUCH finer than D3.

Now will try more maps then try out synergies and than Path of T2. WOOT.
Censored.
Just read this, maybe GGG might be interested in picking up some of the RG staff :-)

https://www.diabloii.net/blog/comments/runic-games-closed
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
Wow, that is crazy
Censored.
Can't believe it took me so long to get going with this one. It's pretty tasty
Ye, a little cartonish for my taste but they are very good RPG.
There are lots of mods that actually make the games better for TL1 and TL2.
I played through once, modless, and rather enjoyed once I got past the cartoonish look of it I actually enjoyed the artwork.

I have not played again although I plan to. I have been very busy lately and it is low on my priorities list.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info