I gotta get a new computer chair or I will go insane

Mine keeps slipping down which is uncomfortable and will hurt my back eventually. Cat jumped on it so many times I believe she has ruined the mechanism that stops it from sinking. Usually the obese ruin chairs but a 7lb cat, jumping over and over, will do it too.

Grrr
Censored.
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2017, 8:38:31 PM
I use a recliner. Drape a blue cloth over the mouse arm and rest the keyboard on the lap.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Embrace the insanity, cut the desk legs down to bring it to the chairs level. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I have the sinks too :(
We decided to buy new chairs. Fuck this. The tops of both of them (they were purchased as a set) have been ruined by the cat's scratching. That doesn't bother me like the sinks does but it bothers the wife.

I don't spend time arguing with cats about where to scratch. I learned a long time ago they are impossible on the subject. Just buy new furniture or, if expensive, re-upholstery is the answer.

The cat has 2 "condos" one is hand made with real wood not the cheesy fibreboard they make them out of when you buy them in the store (I still have the plans for it if I wanted to make another); do you think she scratches on them?

Yes, sometimes. Other times it is fun to jump on the backs of these chairs (preferable when someone is sitting there) and scratch away throwing fabric dust and foam in your hair.
Censored.
I've got 2 in the living room now. One is nearly to the ceiling! They are both as wide as a wall.

She has, miraculously, stayed away from the couch which is newish.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:

The cat has 2 "condos" one is hand made with real wood not the cheesy fibreboard they make them out of when you buy them in the store (I still have the plans for it if I wanted to make another); do you think she scratches on them?

I've always found that placement is key. If you find your cat scratching the couch you put a scratching post somewhere along the cats path to the couch and they will use the post instead. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
You could be right which is why she has spared the couch. But I don't have room in every damned room for her furniture so I let her get away with the backs of the chairs. What are ya gonna do?
Censored.
Yes but dogs are even more destructive in their own way.
Censored.
I put tape, sticky side out (i.e. double-sided tape or folded over tape), on the arms of the sofa where my cat liked to scratch. She doesn't like feeling sticky things with her paws. The other thing I tried is clapping loudly when she starts scratching something I don't want her to scratch. It startles her, and because I don't direct it at her, she associates the loud noise to whatever she was scratching. Seems to have been working...

Put me in the column of people that play in a sinking chair. I've been shopping around for a decent upgrade, but I'm holding off until I figure out how I want to mount my HOTAS for when Star Citizen/Squadron 42 ever comes online...
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info