[3.0] SSF Summoner Tale - The Journal

~~

Quick introduction :)

My first published build. It's prolly more like journal and honestly dont know why I'm doin it, but maybe some informations will be helpfull for someone - I count on it, because otherwise its waste of time :)

Ill try describe informations about progress as I go, so you are welcome to check thread from time to time and see If something has changed.

At first excuse me for my english, but it's not my native language, and I'm not really good at grammar, eaven in my native language, but I hope everyone will understand what I'm talking about.

Almost always in games I'm playing Summoners, beacuse I just like it... And in PoE they are simply awesome, beacuse there is a lot ways of building them, and they are able to beat end-game content. Eaven better, because they dont need any specific items to start with, and they are able to do everything with time and investments. I feel every currency spend on it and I have a blast with it.

~~
Part 1:

So lets start...

I think I first started on Legacy, but I stopped pretty quickly, and started again few weeks ago again on std when Spectres changes was announced, just to be ready for the update.

I started and played with SRSes till like mid-tier maps with gear I found during lvling and just 4-link. Honestly its all we needed to beat all main content and low-mid tier maps. It is really easy beacuse of mechanics of SRSes, maybe not that fast, but honestly it's 0 chaos gear, so what we can expect :)

After completing main story I jumped right away in to farming Jungle Valley Maps for The Flora's Gift cards to gain free 5-link Staff:

And crafted it to +2 fire gems:
Spoiler

Links part 1:

Main link was BBBRR:
SRS + Minion Dmg + Spell Echo + Multistrike + Melee Splash (swap for Added Fire on bosses):

Spoiler

+
+
+
+

In terms of auras I used haste and clarity for smooth gameplay.

Other usefull stuff was zombies, minion life, minion resists, convocation, desecrate, flesh and bone offerings.

The rest links was kinda like everything I could use in the future, depends on drop I could have, so for example - summon skellies, summon spectres, or supports like ele focus, burn damage, gmp, slower proj, discipline.

At this time my gear looked something like below, and this was everything I needed to start farming maps for the gear, currency and stuff I could use later.

Gear part 1:
Spoiler
I will fill it later

Tree part 1:

Spoiler
I will fill it later

Stats part 1:

Spoiler
I will fill it later

About Labirynth - as soon, as I felt strong enought I was doing next levels of labirynth in the mean time of leveling with just 4L. The "merciless" one I think, I completed after acquired my 5L staff, but its easy and doable on a 4L too, so no pressure.

Tips about lab:
Make the first labirynth as soon, as you can, and take Mistress of Sacrifice. It speeds up progress by a lot.
After the second "cruel" lab I strongly recommend to take Commander of Darkness. It gives a bit dmg, move and attack speed, and 20% elemental resistances. It helps A LOT till the end game.
The third lab isnt really necessarily asap, beacuse it shines with the uber lab points, when you can get Soul Weaver.

And this was at the very beggining my main income-and-items-generating build.

~~
Part 2:

After some time, currency and a few creazy drops, for example I dropped the core enabling item - Bones of Ullr, which are pretty common later, as for now I got like 4 or 5 pairs, but this first time it droped was like WoOHoO - I ended up with kinda HP/MOM/Hybrid summoner, and started transition to Spectres, beacuse they are awesome, specially after the change.

Spoiler

At this time, my gear looked like below, and I must admit, I got a lot of luck there, because in my first "merciless" labirynth I dropped a clean ES/EV 6L chest (dont need to have one, but It's a nice addition), and crafted it for some hp and resists.
After that, in some map, best of the best farming items dropped for me - Bisco's Collar. This was super-duper-ultra lucky drop, beacuse it cut down by a lot time spending on farming currency for the next part of the build :)

Spoiler

So, from there I figured out that best at this moment for me was to still use SRSes in 5L Staff and in addition 3 Spectres in 6L Armour.

About gear. As you can see its far from optimal, and eaven good, but its enought for mid content, prolly eaven on low red maps, but I couldnt test it back then. We need some str on gear and many dexterity because of gems restrictions. Except of that, life and resists. Nothing really fancy.

Gear part 2:

Spoiler

Links part 2:

Zombies in 4l helm. There is few ways of doin it. Honestly you need to figure out what is best for you, and just use it. Zombies are simply meatshields, and it doesnt matter if they die. I used one of this options - BBBR or BBRR:
Zombie + Minion Life + Minion Ele Res + Forify
Zombie + Minion Life + Flame Golem / Stone Golem / Animate Guardian + Forify

SRS in 5l Staff - BBBRR:
SRS + Minion Dmg + Spell Echo + Multistrike + Melee Splash (swap for Added Fire on bosses)
Spoiler

+
+
+
+

Summon Spectre in 6l Armour - there is few ways doin it. I like this two below, and I swapped between then until I figured out which one i prefer. You can find your best/favourite spectres combo.
If you dont have 6l just use some 5l chest, it really deosnt matter, because I used item rarity as 6th link, and still using it, so in terms of dps its 5l.

First - gems for Solar Guard Spectres from Act 8 Lunaris Temple - BBBBBG:
Summon Spectre - Minion Dmg - Minion and Totem Ele Res - GMP/Slower Proj - Ele Focus - Item Rarity
Spoiler
I will fill it later

Second - gems for Wicker Man and Tukohama's Vanguard Spectres from Act 10 and Act 6 - BBBBBR:
Summon Spectre - Minion Dmg - Minion and Totem Ele Res - Burn Dmg - Ele Focus - Item Rarity
Spoiler
I will fill it later

Besides that I used well known haste or generosity + anger; clarity, convocation, desecrate, flesh and bone offerings (depends of maps mods).
Sometimes, if content was a bit too hard I droped haste/anger and left only clarity with bigger mana pool for MOM.

Tree part 2:

Spoiler
I will fill it later

Stats part 2:

Spoiler
I will fill it later

About the tree - I had a lot minion life nodes, beacuse my spectres died a lot back then. Spoiler alert - dont worry, right now they never die, but I will get back to this in the next part :)

From here I started to grow wealth, making some items for the next part, leveling gems to 1X/20%, and jumped in to steady mid tier maps. What I mean here is that before, sometimes, I had hard times with maintain the mid tier map pool, but after some time, with gettin Zana to 6, and unblock like 50+% from the Atlas bonus it wasnt a problem anymore.

~~
Part 3

In progress

~~
Videos

In progress

~~
Valuable links

In progress

~~
Crafting

In progress