Show of hands - your input requested

Could anyone who meets all below criteria:

1. Reads regularly through the PvP forums
2. Would like to give it one last shot to try and make PvP in this game playable
3. Isn't a hopeless troll

please comment below with a "+1"?

Just want to get a show of hands.

I think if we had a general idea of how many people actually cared, we could see if a group effort to start a "PvP PR campaign" could be possible/worthwhile, or if we should pronounce this dead and finally pull the life-support.

Gracias,

Jorge
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2017, 9:51:18 PM
+1 here till the end but I am bitter and playing different games atm since new league is dead, and most my friends in standard arent logging in since nothing is going on :(+
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
We had Afhak talking directly to Chris for monthes with promisses they will work on pvp after "this patch maybe (we can t promiss)".

Followed patch: 2.0 patch->2.6 patch-->3.0 ++ patch.

so "after this patch" is your answer for when they might look at pvp. Which patch? Probably the closing server one.

I will give you a

+1

But I am afraid we will need to wait "after the patch" to see something anyway.

so

+1
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Oct 20, 2017, 1:05:41 AM
"
2Gurls_1Can wrote:
Could anyone who meets all below criteria:

1. Reads regularly through the PvP forums
2. Would like to give it one last shot to try and make PvP in this game playable
3. Isn't a hopeless troll

please comment below with a "+1"?

Just want to get a show of hands.

I think if we had a general idea of how many people actually cared, we could see if a group effort to start a "PvP PR campaign" could be possible/worthwhile, or if we should pronounce this dead and finally pull the life-support.

Gracias,

Jorge

Seems weird having another games community come here to try and fix a minor aspect of this game. So how did you hear about poes PvP issues? Just randomly scrawling through game forums?
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
I think if we insult pvp hard enough it might embarrass GGG into action.

So what we need is a negative PR campaign. More mulla threads with more down syndrome.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
We offered them money to fix it, they gave us the middle finger.
we need to establish rules and restrictions
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:

that would need to start with the community's unanimous approval of problematic parts, which we could never do, it always turns into denial, insults, and hypocrisy calling.

btw +1, im up for casual games any time.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

that would need to start with the community's unanimous approval of problematic parts, which we could never do, it always turns into denial, insults, and hypocrisy calling.

btw +1, im up for casual games any time.

well, in order to survive the community has to make some sacrifices, people were still hopeful back in the days where we tried to establish some rules and restrictions, now nobody is playing even in sarn arena. there is no other solution, some casual games can't make any difference
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I will lay out some harsh realities.

GGG has a clear vision of how path of exile is going to look like in the coming years. As we have seen, pvp as a whole was removed from that vision a while ago. Imagine how hard it is to add something that was recently removed back to your core vision of a company. In most scenarios in other companies something like this would be considered idiotic even.

GGG is a company which grows rapidly and has very ambitious plans for developing the game. There really is no time for anything outside the scope of their vision. No matter how small the things seem.

What we would need to do is to change their core thoughts about the game itself and somehow manage to convince them that pvp is something worth investing into (again, which makes it twice as hard). That is a really really tough ask especially since something like this doesn't exactly come from outside the company unless there are huge masses behind it (the 15 people in these forums do not count as a huge mass). Unfortunately none of us work for GGG so yelling from the outside is all we got.

What I wanted to say is, if you want to actually achieve something, try to fix the core problem (lack of vision) instead of the obvious smaller problems (balance problems etc). All the small shit will get properly fixed if they decide pvp is worth it. I'd love to help but I'm afraid the problem is a bit too big for us to tackle by ourselves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info