Newbie questions

1. I have a standard character and a harbinger, what happens when the harbinger ends in Nov? Do the stashes combine into one, with excess items being in some sort of holding area? Or do I have to empty out both banks so they can fit together in November?

2. Do the hideouts combine? Or does each character make their own?

3. Two years ago I started one character, and recently another in harbinger, with a long break in between. I also made some other characters but they seem to have been deleted, so do characters get deleted after not playing for a certain time?

4. How do I find my place on a ladder? Other games have a search function on their ladders, so you can find where you are. I don't think this function exists in PoE, but that seems a strange function to be missing.

Other than that, Path of Exile is giving me some fun, thank you.
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2017, 6:58:00 AM
1. Everything in Harbinger will transfer to standard as remove-only tabs.

2. I believe the hideout with the most decorations is kept.

3. No they don't get deleted. Now if you hadn't logged in for over a year the names were made available to others. But they would still be there with placeholder names (usually just random letters).

4. You're not going to find yourself on the ladder unless you're like lvl 94+ at this point. They only track the top 15,000. Not sure if there is an easier way to search it other than setting it to display 100 results and then ctrl+f what you want to search and go through page by page.

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
temp league stash tabs get added to the respective permanent league stash as readonly tabs. chars move to their respective parent league.

hideouts join, the one with more items in it overwrites the other.

for your missing char, did you move from steam to standalone client or visa versa?

to find your char in the ladder: either lookup your current xp and search manually or downlload the excel file on the ladder page and fire up a text editor to open the csv file.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 18, 2017, 6:29:35 AM
"
vio wrote:

to find your char in the ladder: either lookup your current xp and search manually or downlload the excel file on the ladder page and fire up a text editor to open the csv file.

Out of curiosity, is there a trick to that? Everything I've tried only gives a small portion of the results, like a few thousand chars on the ladder. Tried multiple text editors and csv file viewers and could never get the full ladder to display. :/

Edit: yep, tried again and it will only show the top 2000 on the ladder.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Oct 18, 2017, 6:36:00 AM
Thanks everyone.

I don't think I had decorations in the first hideout, just a few workbenches.

I don't use Steam, apart from as a messenger app, and I didn't have that two years ago.

I tried the csv download and it was an incomplete list of the ladder. I don't really care about the ladder, but if you are going to have a ladder it should work, and it seems a bit like work to have to download stuff and tinker with it. I would have thought it was easier to set up a search for your name. That way friends could race each other from a common start time, and be able to check each other's progress. Things like that.

I shall try and find my other characters, I don't have them in the start up area, just the first one and the last one.

Where would I find the missing characters?
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Out of curiosity, is there a trick to that? Everything I've tried only gives a small portion of the results, like a few thousand chars on the ladder. Tried multiple text editors and csv file viewers and could never get the full ladder to display. :/

Edit: yep, tried again and it will only show the top 2000 on the ladder.

uhm..didn't know.

i used poestatistics.com until my account name change messed up my db entry there.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Out of curiousity is there an easy way to drop currencies into your stash, I was hoping I could drag and drop onto the stash and they would auto-stack. :D
Ctrl+Left Click will auto-stack, or deposit items into the next available spot vertically.
1. All your stash tabs in the Harbinger League will move to Standard League and be labeled
    with a (Remove-only) suffix meaning that you can take out any item but not put it back
    in that tab. Challenge leagues always end on a Monday afternoon (Eastern Standard Time)
    so a few hours before the league ends you should consolidate your Harbinger tabs down to
    as few as possible so your Standard stash does not explode with too many RO tabs.

IMPORTANT NOTE
 When you buy stash tabs GGG will randomly pick a (Remove-only) tab and convert it to a full use tab. This sucks to the max as you have no control over which tabs are rng chosen and you are being cheated by not getting a new tab that is empty. However, if you buy a Quad Stash Tab you get it added at the end as a new tab and it is 100% empty. This was a change done on purpose (in the beginning all new tabs were added and 100% empty) so that GGG can sell more stash tabs (their #1 mtx revenue item). GGG tried to cover their asses by saying something about a technical problem was found when a race ended and the race items merged into your standard stash and this was the only way they could fix and also that players were complaining that it was too much work to move items from the RO tab over to a newly purchased full use tab but I think that was just another load of bs to leverage us into buying more stash storage. Why? Because it was asked years ago and answered by Chris that GGG does not have any problem with players keeping remove only tabs long term. If that were sincerely true then I'd get to keep my full RO tabs forever and all stash tab bundle purchases would be added and 100% empty. The players that say the RO tabs should only be there for short term and you should always migrate or sell off all items in an RO tab so it is eliminated are also full of bs. I have my items and if I want to horde them forever that is my right to do so. No one should ever tell me that I shouldn't or can't do that.

2. No, you only have one hideout so whatever you do to decorate your challenge league hideout
    is lost unless it has more items in it (which there is no way to get a count). The hideout
    with the most items becomes the Standard League hideout. That also sucks as GGG never gives
    us the QoL controls that players need/deserve.

3. No, any character you create is yours forever and should always be there. However, if you do
    not use your account for a long time (I think it's a year) then the names of your characters
    can and will get re-used by some one else creating a new character with that name so you lose
    the name. What happens with your character for which you have lost its name I don't know
    so you will need to ask GGG support about that.

4. Sorry, there is no way to search the ladder for your name. You will quickly realize that GGG
    sucks at providing any QoL features, be it in-game or in the web site. They just haven't
    taken any time to do that (another "that sucks" again... there are way too many missing QoL
    in PoE. From trading to sorting tabs and items within tabs GGG just doesn't care to invest
    any in giving players any quality of PoE life controls.

Yes, you can download the ladder to a .CSV file and then load it into a spreadsheet and then
    you can search and find your character easily but that's all (nothing in their website).
    Another "that sucks" again. GGG has a re-occurring theme here with lack of conveniences.

Other than 101 missing QoL features in PoE it is a "fun to play" arpg... most of the time.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:

4. Sorry, there is no way to search the ladder for your name. You will quickly realize that GGG
    sucks at providing any QoL features, be it in-game or in the web site. They just haven't
    taken any time to do that (another "that sucks" again... there are way too many missing QoL
    in PoE. From trading to sorting tabs and items within tabs GGG just doesn't care to invest
    any in giving players any quality of PoE life controls.

Yes, you can download the ladder to a .CSV file and then load it into a spreadsheet and then
    you can search and find your character easily but that's all (nothing in their website).
    Another "that sucks" again. GGG has a re-occurring theme here with lack of conveniences.

Other than 101 missing QoL features in PoE it is a "fun to play" arpg... most of the time.

This is also limited to the top 2000 characters (in terms of flat EXP gain), regardless of class.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Oct 22, 2017, 6:58:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info