This Game feels like an excessively long walk for a small drink of water

Does anyone else get the feeling with the pure gambilng aspect of the crafting portion and the fact that in normal (on console xbox one) that even 5 link white items are insanely overpriced and just the whole of sinking weeks into a character and not getting any viable gear for mapping is just insanely frustrating? Ive spent 2 weeks now trying to find any 5 link chest peice while attempting and failing to craft my own! Im not asking for a unique here or something totally game changing I just need one item and I can not get it no matter what I try! This is crazy im so done farming mob after mob after mob when I know what my issue is and making new characters I have the same problem cause im all out of currency trying to make one item! Im about done here...
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2017, 12:22:44 AM
"
Carzaks wrote:
(on console xbox one)

Well, there's your problem.
1. the 5 linked items are "over priced" because they are rare and the game is not old on the console.

2. they are pretty damn easy to craft, if you have shit RNG then use the master.

3. it's an ARPG, grinding is what they do.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
1. Do Vorici dailies
2. Buy fusings from Vorici
3. Use 150 of said fusings to get a 5-link
4. ???
5. DO A BARREL ROLL!

You also don't even need a 5-link. If you can't do map content on a 4-link then something is wrong with either you or your build.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
Last edited by Slizzered on Oct 18, 2017, 1:01:53 PM
"
Slizzered wrote:

You also don't even need a 5-link. If you can't do map content on a 4-link then something is wrong with either you or your build.

^^^^^^^^^^^This. I can't believe how often people forget this. I've gotten to Act 10 with just a 4L firestorm (AND NO OTHER GEMS ON). Sure it may not have been the fastest way, but the game doesn't require something more than a 4L for a LOOONG time. I have a lvl 90 ED guy who does T11-13 maps regularly and all he has is a 4L
Game has gotten quite long... too long for HC play.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 18, 2017, 2:56:24 PM
It is true. I've actually been in maps with a character I've power-leveled before realizing I am still using 4 links.

To OP's other points, however, there is the ring of truth (and, nice title, by the way, I like it).

The game's framework design is the very definition of "carrot on a stick", moreso than any other ARPG I have ever played. This base design exists solely to drive a trade market based on min-maxing builds in an ever-changing meta.

The base design is making the random chance of finding that "one item" for your build vanishingly small, but still great enough that someone within the population will be trading it for currency.

On top of the base is the constantly changing skill tree and the skills/gems themselves, which means that "one item" tends to vary depending on those aforementioned changes.

For instance - the change in ES completely changed the gear paradigm.

For instance - the introduction of new affixes and prefixes further diluted the already deep potential pool to roll on an item, that is further affected by seven (is this right?) tiers of potential range rolls on those affixes and prefixes.

So, pail in hand, you do, indeed, have a long walk ahead of you to get that "one item". Or to save up enough currency for it.

Or it could drop in the first T11 map you run.

Therein lies the Carrot!
Kitava is above and byond harder than early maps lol.
"
Carzaks wrote:
Does anyone else get the feeling with the pure gambilng aspect of the crafting portion and the fact that in normal (on console xbox one) that even 5 link white items are insanely overpriced and just the whole of sinking weeks into a character and not getting any viable gear for mapping is just insanely frustrating? Ive spent 2 weeks now trying to find any 5 link chest peice while attempting and failing to craft my own! Im not asking for a unique here or something totally game changing I just need one item and I can not get it no matter what I try! This is crazy im so done farming mob after mob after mob when I know what my issue is and making new characters I have the same problem cause im all out of currency trying to make one item! Im about done here...

I'm in t10s on the xbox version right now.

Best tip? Farm blood aquaducts until you get your tabula rasa via Humility cards. You can build around tabula and end up with around 5kish life which will get you in to early mapping very easily.

I bought an unlinked Belly of the Beast for 3 exalts. From there just farm like crazy. Sell stuff for fusings and keep throwing fusings at the chest piece of your choice.

From my experience, the xbox version is best played like it is solo self found since trading is very sketchy and the only thing you can really trade for is uniques. (rares are too hard to find).

Good luck...but i was pretty successful doing this.
But oh so sweet does that water taste.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info