Strongest Builds of All Time?

What would you say the strongest builds of all time are. Assuming the builds are at their primes.
For example, how would you rank builds such as BV Pathfinder, snapshot RF, Dark Pact Zerker, Votaxic Spark, Vaal Spark, LL ST, and so on?
First, which build would you say was strongest in it's prime.
Second, which build would you say would be strongest assuming it had access to current mechanics available to it as well. (example, snapshot RF having access to Pantheon, but still able to use snapshotting)
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2017, 12:26:11 PM
Talk about a tough question. What would theoretically be the strongest skill had nothing been nerfed since the skills prime.

I would have to say some version of triggered discharge: CoC Discharge, Mjolner Rainbow Nuke, something to that effect.

That build could literally deal millions of damage and face tank any and everything that came its way. I enjoy triggered discharge I still play one every league even though i get slightly disappointed every time lol.

Spoiler

I terms of simple map clear and clearspeed, I don't think much can beat Voltaxic full chaos conversion Spark. Crazy map reach and clear... no reflect. Pretty insane.
Last edited by Prizy on Oct 17, 2017, 2:12:25 PM
1.3 spectral throw with raider ascendancy should have been great.
rf/incinerate would also been a great build with chieftain or inquisitor

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
For me best was Occultist Blade Vortex with The Harvest Jasper Chopper.

But I believe CoC Discharge or Mjolner was top, but have no experience from those glory times.
Last edited by Rexeos on Oct 17, 2017, 3:17:13 PM
Probably not the strongest build of all time but I really enjoyed my Scold's Bridle Pathfinder during Breach. She had 8,6k life, was immune to stun, all elemental status ailments, easily outsustained maximum bleed stacks, had 51k evasion, fortify and 83% max res plus 75% chaos res. She permanently shat out 12 spells which also utilized posion. It was glorius and face tanked every content no matter the combination of map mods. The damage wasn't out of the world but was good enough for constant 8 minute shaper runs. Maps were a breeze while moving at 190 movespeed. Yep, I miss that build - on a more serious note I understand why they nerfed it.
I'll either have to say some variant of CoC/discharge, some variant of Blade Vortex pre-nerf or the good, old elemental buzzsaw max dodge+max block pre-acrobatics nerf.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I found myself asking this question a couple of days ago. If we are talking about era defining builds that were THE BEST at the time, I can think of a few.

Spork totems- Although this sounds pretty stupid now, in the games early stages, I dont think there was much that could compete. With the original crit being at 7-8%, shock stacking was super strong.

Burning builds- I'm just going to generalize this one because ignite prolif was king for a while when it came to clear speed/big damage. Whether it was the original burn discharge, the non chaos conversion vaal molten shell, vaal righteous fire, even detonate dead was good.

Minion snap shotting

Ele buzzsaw doesn't need an introduction. Whether it be the old school non crit version, low life, HOWA, or where we are today, this build has been and most likely always will be great.

Mjolner/Coc was just godly. I don't need to go into this too much.

Poison in general was crazy. I don't even know where to start. Well, PF BV, reach of the council barrage, chaos conversion vaal molten shell, voltaxic fuckery, and then there was the time that BV poison broke when they changed now BV worked. BF poison anything was stupid good. Just.. poison.

Vaal spark/Fireball was insanely good when we figured out how to use them.

I'm sure I'm missing stuff, but those are the things that stick out in my mind.

Edit: didn't realize I didn't answer the question:

If mjolner was unnerfed, I would love to see a mjolner with some ascendancy and some of the gear choices of today. Mjolner Inq beserker/juggernaut/inquisitor/ and today's scion would all be something to watch.
Last edited by mustash on Oct 17, 2017, 4:44:06 PM
What was that trap/mine/curse build they chain farmed Uber Atziri to level 100 in HC with?
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
mustash wrote:

Spork totems- Although this sounds pretty stupid now, in the games early stages, I dont think there was much that could compete. With the original crit being at 7-8%, shock stacking was super strong.

Oh man I remember the sporking (back when you could triple-stack shock). Obviously compared to today it would be "a pointless build since it can't farm uber Atziri", but it was certainly the gold standard of... what, original out-of-beta release I think?
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
"
mustash wrote:

Burning builds- I'm just going to generalize this one because ignite prolif was king for a while when it came to clear speed/big damage. Whether it was the original burn discharge, the non chaos conversion vaal molten shell, vaal righteous fire, even detonate dead was good.

The Chin Sol 3 Dragons Ice shot build from back then was some of the most fun I've had with a ranged build ever. One shot and whole screens would burn. mmm...

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info