Does a build like this exist?

I've tried at least a dozen different builds so far this league (it's my first league, so very much still in the honeymoon phase) but I have yet to find a build that's "the one". Perhaps you guys can help! Some of the more popular builds I've tried:

* Ngamahu Cycloner - current favorite, have done shaper on him, level 95, but cyclone as an ability has a few quirks I find annoying
* Ancestral Warchief w/ Facebreaker - Didn't enjoy the totem playstyle and hated how I felt the moment something looked at me funny. Tried two different flavors of this, hated both.
* GC Mine Saboteur - I loved it for the most part, but found I hate playing MoM on a build with an expensive attack and no leech. Not being able to do anything when I took a big hit was super frustrating.
* SRS - Tried a couple variations, not for me. Definitely strong, though.
* Zombies + baron - Definitely put the final nail in the summoner coffin for me, I hate pet AI.
* Tornado shot ranger - My first taste of an evasion build... not a fan.
* Frost Blades Raider - Was great up until I started randomly popping like a pimple at red maps.
* Spectral Throw Raider - Tried multiple flavors of this, not a fan of spectral throw mechanics, especially with the slower projectiles support.
* Oro's Flicker Strike Berserker - My second favorite, it could clear maps like a champ but even with a complete second 6L Oro's for molten strike, it fell short on bosses and would randomly die on harbringers.
* Ele BF Inquisitor - Something felt off, just not my cup of tea
* BF Bleed Glad - Learned here the problem was BF
* Dark Pact Zerker - Admittedly, I gave up on this one in the low 70's and it never really entered it's prime, but I wasn't a fan
* ED/Contagion Trickster - Bosses took forever, and as soon as I tried to add in blight, I immediately hated the gameplay
* Whispering Ice Berserker - My current project, in the high 60's and definitely strong, but the clear speed leaves a lot to be desired.

So I guess given all of the above, I'm looking for a build that ISN'T one of those, and meets these requirements (or might be a spin on a more typical approach to the above that fixes my grievances with the build):

* Can clear all content (including Uber Atziri, Shaper, and ULab; HOTGM preferred but not required)
* Decent clearspeed
* ~50-60 ex budget, doable in reasonable league gear (I only play harbringer ATM, not standard)
* Not a wander (too meta for my hipster self)
* Ideally doesn't use a channeled skill, MoM, or minions (no spectre suggestions, please)
* Ideally could be a league starter that grows into the ability to clear the above
* Bonus points if it doesn't use Vaal Pact
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2017, 6:07:47 AM
You can try life based melee necro with spirit offering self-buff. Use any melee skill as you like / prefer.
It's based around a lot of corpse generation (either with CWDT setup or with traps / or both) which buffs your damage and defenses.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
I've had a blast with LLRF/SR guardian.

Great map clear speed. SR makes bosses go much faster and I rock 6 auras so its also a great party build (thought I was lucky enough to enchant my own The Vertex)

I'm at 10k es right now but I invested pretty heavily in defense. If you wanted you could change some jewels/passives up from mine to really buff up scorching ray to melt bosses.

JustHangingOut is the char if you want to see the gear.
Elemental equilibrium RF Chieftain. You have to level with a different skill for awhile, i used ground slam. Only one "mandatory" unique.
"
gandhar0 wrote:
You can try life based melee necro with spirit offering self-buff. Use any melee skill as you like / prefer.
It's based around a lot of corpse generation (either with CWDT setup or with traps / or both) which buffs your damage and defenses.

Do you have a link to a sample guide, or are one of your chars that build (so I could look at sample gear + tree)?

@gladiatorpie - Thanks, I actually had a few people recommend that. At first glance it doesn't seem like a high clearspeed build, and the fact that it's another channeled skill is offputting, but it's power can't be denied, and I know its one of the few builds that can clear HOTGM. FYI though, your characters aren't public.
Last edited by Xyrm on Oct 16, 2017, 3:45:36 PM
"
Xyrm wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Do you have a link to a sample guide, or are one of your chars that build (so I could look at sample gear + tree)?

@gladiatorpie - Thanks, I actually had a few people recommend that. At first glance it doesn't seem like a high clearspeed build, and the fact that it's another channeled skill is offputting, but it's power can't be denied, and I know its one of the few builds that can clear HOTGM. FYI though, your characters aren't public.

Oh shit. Thought they were public. Ill change that.

Also Im not a big channeling fan either but you only really need to use SR vs bosses so maps your just shield charging around like a madman. It's used so little that for me I dont mind the channeled skill.

Also forgot to mention its a great Uber lab runner to. It's no QoTF but you can facetank/ignore traps for the most part.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Oct 16, 2017, 3:51:28 PM
Why not just use a few different builds rather than one universal? Clearspeed & Weak bosses, Guardians & Shaper & Atziri and last one for a lab..
Even if you made one universal, GGG probably nerf him in the next content expansion as they do all this time.. new patch - new nerfs. They are good in a fun-killing..
Selfcast RF should fit your requirements. I did 40/40 in this league with an RF Jug, and I've had a lot of fun playing it. Most people would go with Chieftain, but I decided to try Juggernaut for more tankiness and more relaxed playstyle at the expense of some DPS, and I wasn't disappointed. I'm currently sitting on 11k life and 510k DPS with conc effect (331k with inc aoe for mapping), and the only content that I can't do is HoGM. Min-maxing RF builds can get very expensive, but you should be able to clear all endgame content except for HoGM with your target budget of 50-60ex.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Oct 16, 2017, 4:01:10 PM
Not hating at all... the best thing about this post...

* Lists numerous meta builds*

Proceeds to say...

"
Xyrm wrote:

* Not a wander (too meta for my hipster self)

LOL. What makes wander so much more meta then any of the other builds you listed XD.
im a ngamahu raider. i just use cyclone for clear though, molten strike for single target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info