[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

Just out of curiosity:

If you have abyss jewels with % chance to blind on hit - would you even need stibnite flask?

For most normal mobs stibnite is not used anyway. Only for bosses it seems useful. But then, bosses usually move around also so the smoke cloud will only work partially. However if you inflict blind just by hitting the boss a few times I think it's better.

So, I think if you use abyss jewels with % chance to blind on hit, then the stibnite wouldn't be necessary.

Also, if you changed to Blasphemy + Enfeeble with The Blue Dream - how do you generate Power Charges against bosses?
Last edited by NoBillag on Apr 9, 2018, 8:21:12 AM

first of all thanks for this great build man....im lv84 so far but still kinda new in poe...the thing i want to know, what's skill is that ice spike thing you are generating while mapping while i dont have those with same skill setup when cycloning

also my cwdt is strange...do we have to manually cast summon ice golem, immortal call and tempest shield everytime, arent they suppose to auta cast if we link them with cwdt?
"
deadbody2 wrote:

first of all thanks for this great build man....im lv84 so far but still kinda new in poe...the thing i want to know, what's skill is that ice spike thing you are generating while mapping while i dont have those with same skill setup when cycloning

also my cwdt is strange...do we have to manually cast summon ice golem, immortal call and tempest shield everytime, arent they suppose to auta cast if we link them with cwdt?

1. It's the Gloom Herald MTX effect on Herald of Ice.

2. Read the tooltip for CWDT, your trigger gem levels are too high for CWDT to support them. Just level the CWDT up to lvl 3 and it will work.
"
NoBillag wrote:
Just out of curiosity:

If you have abyss jewels with % chance to blind on hit - would you even need stibnite flask?

For most normal mobs stibnite is not used anyway. Only for bosses it seems useful. But then, bosses usually move around also so the smoke cloud will only work partially. However if you inflict blind just by hitting the boss a few times I think it's better.

So, I think if you use abyss jewels with % chance to blind on hit, then the stibnite wouldn't be necessary.

Also, if you changed to Blasphemy + Enfeeble with The Blue Dream - how do you generate Power Charges against bosses?

Sorry about the delayed response, I've been busy the past few days. Did you still want a gearcheck? You deleted the original post so I'll just assume not, if that's wrong please comment again.

As for your question about Stibnite flasks:
You're right about not strictly needing a Stibnite if you're using a %to blind on hit jewel. However, I mostly just use my Stibnite as a vehicle for Curse immunity. You need a utility flask for good uptime since all effects from Life flasks are dispelled once you reach 100% life, and Stibnite is by far the best choice for uptime since it costs 10/30 charges per use and has a 6s duration at 20% quality.

There's also the fact that non-environmental blinds (i.e. blind on hit) last for only 4 seconds. Many boss fights have you dodging in and out of attack range so if you've been dodging for longer than 4 seconds the boss will not be blinded anymore. To mitigate this you can use the Stibnite as a sort of grace period, popping it on top of the boss as you re-engage.

How do I generate PCs against bosses? I usually don't bother. You don't get PCs vs bosses with Assassin's Mark either, but there are ways to get them if you want. The two most common ways to generate PCs in single target encounters are:

1. Power Charge on Critical gem - often linked to Orb of Storms.
2. Jaws of Agony unique shield - you can keep this in weapon swap and socket Fire Trap-Cluster Trap-Multi trap in it. Then you just throw traps before you engage the boss until you reach max PCs.
"
Sorry about the delayed response, I've been busy the past few days. Did you still want a gearcheck?

No need currently :) Btw, I'm currently creating poe.trade links for the gear for all the kind of stuff we need.... I thought it might be good to include them into your main post then... especially since a lot of people don't understand the what the most important stats on the weapon are etc :) Once I'm done I'll pm that to you.

"
You need a utility flask for good uptime since all effects from Life flasks are dispelled once you reach 100% life, and Stibnite is by far the best choice for uptime since it costs 10/30 charges per use and has a 6s duration at 20% quality.

You sure about this?
I was thinking a Surgeon's Divine Life Flask would be excellent. 7s recovery time. With surgeon you recharge it quickly during fights and out of fights with Soul of Rhsylatha it also gets recharged...
Just checked... what a bummer :(

"
To mitigate this you can use the Stibnite as a sort of grace period, popping it on top of the boss as you re-engage.

I just think you hit bosses so often that it doesn't take long to re-blind them.

"

1. Power Charge on Critical gem - often linked to Orb of Storms.
2. Jaws of Agony unique shield - you can keep this in weapon swap and socket Fire Trap-Cluster Trap-Multi trap in it. Then you just throw traps before you engage the boss until you reach max PCs.

Thx.... I was pondering about The Writhing Jar.... but that's not a good solution either.
Last edited by NoBillag on Apr 11, 2018, 10:01:43 AM
"
NoBillag wrote:

"
To mitigate this you can use the Stibnite as a sort of grace period, popping it on top of the boss as you re-engage.

I just think you hit bosses so often that it doesn't take long to re-blind them.

We can easily calculate the cumulative odds of blinding or not blinding a single target over several hits. You have 7.63 APS fully buffed and a 6% chance to blind on hit, so over 1 second of attacks assuming no other hits from e.g. Herald of Ice, you have a 64.8% chance of not blinding. Over 2 seconds this becomes 39.5%.

I'm not trying to convince you Stibnites are the best thing ever, but that's the value proposition stated clearly. Imo the biggest upside of stibnites is just the uptime on curse immunity while mapping, the possible 1-3 second grace period vs bosses is a marginal bonus at best. A second life flask, a situational resistance flask or a DPS flask is probably better in single-target encounters.
Last edited by Euploid on Apr 11, 2018, 12:38:56 PM
I played ngamahu cyclone last league and started this league with an ice shot deadeye but I was struggling in the end maps so I decided to switch for this build because I love cyclone and herald of ice shatter effect. I spent 8-10 ex switching my passives/ascendency and getting some decent gear but now I'm wondering what my next upgrades should be. I only have a few ex left but I'm trying to sell my old bow gear so I might get a few extra ex coming soon.

My ring are the one I used on my ice shot character but I think they work great for this build. Bisco is obviously not the best stat wise but I have a decent ammy swap. Gems are not fully optimized yet because I didn't want to spend too much on gems.

For my passives I started without vaal pact but I was struggling to regen my health with some bosses so I tried using vaal pact and I felt it was much smoother.

If you take a look at my Icetaz character, do you see any potential upgrade under let's say 2 ex? The +1 frenzy corruption on boots is the most obvious upgrade to me and probably will be my next purchase.

Thank you!
Get 6L Bronn's Lithe. Against bosses, Damage on Full Life isn't that good IMHO...

Last edited by NoBillag on Apr 12, 2018, 10:51:36 AM
"
Methical wrote:
I played ngamahu cyclone last league and started this league with an ice shot deadeye but I was struggling in the end maps so I decided to switch for this build because I love cyclone and herald of ice shatter effect. I spent 8-10 ex switching my passives/ascendency and getting some decent gear but now I'm wondering what my next upgrades should be. I only have a few ex left but I'm trying to sell my old bow gear so I might get a few extra ex coming soon.

My ring are the one I used on my ice shot character but I think they work great for this build. Bisco is obviously not the best stat wise but I have a decent ammy swap. Gems are not fully optimized yet because I didn't want to spend too much on gems.

For my passives I started without vaal pact but I was struggling to regen my health with some bosses so I tried using vaal pact and I felt it was much smoother.

If you take a look at my Icetaz character, do you see any potential upgrade under let's say 2 ex? The +1 frenzy corruption on boots is the most obvious upgrade to me and probably will be my next purchase.

Thank you!

I think you'll have a hard time getting upgrades for under 2 ex at this point. You don't have any terrible pieces, but Tempest Turn diamond ring and the Bisco's should be the first rares you look at upgrading. I'm guessing Tempest turn is one of your main sources of stats so you might have trouble getting a good one without it being expensive.

Ruthless doesn't work with cyclone anymore, by the way. You need to replace that gem (and I agree with NoBillag, I don't like damage on full unless you're only mapping).
That's pretty much what I thought but I wanted to make sure I didn't overlook something since my character wasn't originally made for this build. Thanks for replying and letting me know about ruthless I didn't know, I'll change to crit chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info