[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

"
Euploid wrote:
As requested, Chayula's Domain. Using Acuity, Daresso's Salute and Belt of the Deceiver. I'm at -60% chaos res in this recording.

Nicceeeee, gj man!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 18, 2017, 3:19:28 PM
Nice build!
Can you do this as a starter character in a league?

Regards
"
Tim1612 wrote:
Nice build!
Can you do this as a starter character in a league?

Regards

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Raider using any attack skill with crit and flat elemental damage can work as a league starter. 8 Frenzy charges are easy to acquire and you can get rare weapons with high attack speed and crit chance for cheap. Herald of Ice, Ice Bite and Wrath take your damage surprisingly far on their own. Lycosidae will be relatively expensive early on in leagues, but still easily obtainable.

Cyclone in particular is a bit restrictive when it comes to early gearing since you can only use foils or two-handers. ST and blade flurry are more forgiving in that you can use a dagger or claw instead if you happen to find a good one. Ele foils aren't popular at the moment though, so they tend to be cheaper than the more popular Claws.

I played a Spectral Throw raider to lvl 90 using the exact same concepts applied in this cyclone build for Turmoil 10-day. It worked very well once I got the key items but early leveling was not the best. I was surprised by how easy the gearing ended up being, the character had pretty decent items at the end for the most part. Gear can be viewed in the link above or in spoiler below.

Is it viable? For an experienced player, definitely. I wouldn't hesitate to start a league with an ele damage raider again.

Is it noob-friendly? I wouldn't say so. Raider is very good if you know how to take advantage of a fast clearspeed early on but dealing only elemental damage can mean you'll have some trouble killing bosses. If you keep dying you'll level slowly and if you skip bosses you'll progress through the atlas slowly.

Gearing is also not as simple as it is for phys attack builds or basic spell builds since you'll need to juggle multiple different sources of increased damage and survivability. For newer players this build would be better suited as a 2nd or 3rd build of a new league.

Turmoil ST character gear at 90

Adding this reply to main post under new FAQ section, as this is the 3rd or 4th time someone has asked about league starter viability.
Last edited by Euploid on Nov 18, 2017, 9:11:08 PM
Hi) This build can work with a new Vaal Pact in 3.1 ?
Last edited by jglfngf on Nov 18, 2017, 10:18:39 PM
"
jglfngf wrote:
Hi) This build can work with a new Vaal Pact in 3.1 ?

Already answered this earlier. Needs to be considered in context with the rest of 3.1 changes. If nothing else is changed I think it will be fine if you pick up Vitality Void and VP but it really is too early to tell.
This Is one of the most informative and detailed guides I've seen, very well done!

"
Rich85 wrote:
This Is one of the most informative and detailed guides I've seen, very well done!

Thanks! I have a habit of overexplaining myself and going into way too much detail whenever I'm passing on information, but for written guides it's probably all for the better :)
Playing this atm in mayhem, not that high level yet but absolutely tearing through things.

Got some decent gear but im not sure if the weapon is good enough, but it is hard to find things on mayhem.

Any tips on how to go about crafting my own foil? Essences are kinda expensive so I think just alt spam into regal?

Spoiler

Last edited by bitbite11 on Nov 27, 2017, 11:07:19 PM
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Playing this atm in mayhem, not that high level yet but absolutely tearing through things.

Got some decent gear but im not sure if the weapon is good enough, but it is hard to find things on mayhem.

Any tips on how to go about crafting my own foil? Essences are kinda expensive so I think just alt spam into regal?

Spoiler

The foil you have equipped would be decent if you can replace the multi craft with attack speed. You'll need some EDWA rings as well and if possible while keeping resists capped Belt of the Deceiver.

Foil crafting
Essence of Zeal is the easiest way to get a good foil, since attack speed is the most important stat and crit chance can be crafted while the flat ele rolls are pretty common prefixes.

Alt-crafting is simple but it can take a lot of alts to get the right rolls.

As a reminder, the stat priority on foils is as follows:
Attack speed > Crit chance >> T1 flat lightning > Multi > EDWA > Other flat ele rolls

1. Get a Jewelled Foil at item lvl 77 or higher. Preferably exactly 77, this is the minimum ilvl for T1 attack speed. Higher ilvls dilute the pool of possible affixes, but not significantly enough to be a huge issue.

2. Quality to 20%

3. Transmute and alt/augment. What you're looking for is any T1 flat ele roll (lightning is the best but for a 10day any t1 ele roll will suffice) and a good suffix, i.e. attack speed, crit chance or crit multi.
If regal supply is the limiting factor in your crafting you should only regal attack speed or crit chance and not multi. If you hit T1 attack speed you can be more lenient with the flat ele roll; T2 flat lightning and T1 attack speed with mastercrafted crit chance is already decent.

4. Regal once you have an acceptable magic item, hoping for crit chance or attack speed. If you hit a shitty crit chance roll (anything below 20%) you need to scour but there are no other total brick rolls in an alt-regal only crafting scenario. Another flat ele roll, EDWA or multi are all fine and even if you hit a resist or something you can still make an okay foil if your pre-regal suffix was good.

5. If you're still missing either crit chance or attack speed after regaling you mastercraft the one you're missing. If you have both of those, you mastercraft multi in most scenarios but you should plug it into PoB before you do and compare multi with EDWA and another flat ele roll.

6. Including this step for completeness but this is only if you're exalt-crafting. If you have T1 flat lightning and at least t2 attack speed with any other high rolled good affix like multi, flat or whatever, you craft crit chance and exalt. Always block crit chance before exalting if the foil doesn't have it already. If your exalt hits a low tier crit chance roll, the item is basically bricked and you wasted an exalt.

Normally you don't exalt a foil with no natural attack speed roll.

Here are some foils I alt-regal crafted in Harbinger. Never got a good enough regal to be really worth pursuing but they're good examples of decent-ish foils that were relatively cheap to craft. The first one is living testament to why you shouldn't exalt foils with no attack speed roll :)
Last edited by Euploid on Nov 28, 2017, 3:20:40 AM
Holy crap thanks for the reply, you go so in depth its amazing. Did not expect such detail when I asked for crafting tips!

Thanks heaps, I think im going to craft my own one with alts (mainly because I love alt crafting and have so much fun doing it). And exalts are super cheap atm on mayhem so going to definitely slam a few.

Hopefully I can hit something good during this 10 day.

Only problem I have so far with the build is sometimes I have mana issues, mainly on single target. Level 79 atm running t5-6 maps (breach + double beyond mostly) and without vaal pact have no issue staying alive so thats great.

Thanks again.
Last edited by bitbite11 on Nov 28, 2017, 4:39:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info