26 exalts worth of fusings later, still no 6-link

The change in attitude from 26 exalts down and 29 exalts down was surprising

Edit: btw OP I've been playing the game for 4 years and I still don't have the well connected achievement. Luckily ive sort of learned my lesson over time and only dropped about 450 fuses in total this league on the 6l attempts.
Last edited by link1313 on Oct 15, 2017, 9:24:56 PM
Don't be a cry baby, you "wasted" 29 ex on this one, but every other piece got a 6L under 5ex, then it's at most 11 ex a piece, by the current ex/fusing ratio, this is normal as hell.
It is true to enjoy the game, you are REQUIRED to have a 5 link for most builds, And to have a powerful character, REQUIRES a 6 link on most builds. The odds is one out of 1,024 using fusing to get a 6 link.

I, myself, never got lucky for a 6-link, but have a few 5-linked ones. It makes the game far more enjoyable. I think I've played for 4+ years now, and adding ALL CHARACTERS INVENTORY COMBINED I only have 200 fusings. The odds for getting 1,024 fusing is ZERO, unless you play the trading game, which I hate with a passion.
"
It is true to enjoy the game, you are REQUIRED to have a 5 link for most builds, And to have a powerful character, REQUIRES a 6 link on most builds. The odds is one out of 1,024 using fusing to get a 6 link.

I, myself, never got lucky for a 6-link, but have a few 5-linked ones. It makes the game far more enjoyable. I think I've played for 4+ years now, and adding ALL CHARACTERS INVENTORY COMBINED I only have 200 fusings. The odds for getting 1,024 fusing is ZERO, unless you play the trading game, which I hate with a passion.

What???

Every 6 socket item vendors for 7 Jeweller's. This alone means you should be swimming in thousands of Fuses over 4+ years of playing.
I can't imagine being even 10ex worth of fusings deep into a craft and NOT deciding to just buy the fucking thing, if I still had the cash. This is just madness or lies.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
ivanius wrote:

Threw 26 exalts worth of fusings on this bow and still no 6-link. I've fused a Shavs, Carcass Jack, and a Belly this season all under 5 exalts and I guess I just got unlucky with this one. Well I guess that's it for me this season. Perhaps I'll be back when another expansion comes out. Pretty burnt out but had a blast this season. Didn't expect myself to get so addicted. Great game but damn you RNG! I don't think I'll ever try to 6-link another item again.

And no I didn't blow 26 exalts in fusings all at once. That is how much I spent over time. After you are a few exalts in it is hard to stop because of the law of large numbers.

Edit: 29 exalts down now and I finally destroyed the bow. Definitely done with the game now. Won't be back. Fusing system is poorly designed from a designer stand point. When a player experiences something like this it really gives them a sour taste and makes them uninstall. Yes it is great and rewarding when you get it fused with a low amount but these players weren't going to quit the game anyways. There should be a safety net to how many fuses you throw onto an item just for the sake of retaining players.

There is a safety net at 1500 fusings. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Yeah, I mean, ultimately...

With 1500 being a guaranteed 6L, and then having the ability to buy a 6L for... probably cheaper than 1500 Fuses...

Anyone who gambles for a great deal of getting it for less than that kind of deserves any and all of the currency sink they end up going through with their individual Fuse attempts.
"
ivanius wrote:
It's both.

No, it's not. The law of large numbers does not manipulate your future chances. The amount of fuses you've already used means nothing to your future chances. Doesn't matter if you've burned 0 fuses on your item or sunk 5000 into it already, your odds of getting a 6l with the next fuse are the same.

Your compulsion to keep spending on a gamble instead of just using vorici is either pride or fallacy, nothing more.
Last edited by Shppy on Oct 16, 2017, 10:27:48 PM
"
ShadyC wrote:
"

What???

Every 6 socket item vendors for 7 Jeweller's. This alone means you should be swimming in thousands of Fuses over 4+ years of playing.

I don't find many 6 socket items. The latest character only found 2 so far, at level 68. I Admit i've probably used 200+ in those years and still have enough jeweler's to make 200 more, (so really 600+ total if I don't use any). I have very crappy luck, and can't play a lot per day (got a job).

EDIT: and the odd do NOT change of how many fusings you have used. It's still 1 out of 1,024. Some are pathetically lucky and can get a 6 link below 100 fusings, while others can spend 2,000+ and never get one.
Last edited by computertech82 on Oct 17, 2017, 12:14:36 AM
"

I don't find many 6 socket items. The latest character only found 2 so far, at level 68. I Admit i've probably used 200+ in those years and still have enough jeweler's to make 200 more, (so really 600+ total if I don't use any). I have very crappy luck, and can't play a lot per day (got a job).

I really don't mean for this to sound like a belittling tone but... do you map? Cuz finding 6 socket items in maps is pretty common... idk, i'd say maybe once or twice per map on average, depending on quantity mods.

I mean, in the acts 6s items don't drop a ton (since they can only start dropping at ilvl 50, outside of strongboxes), but mapping gives plenty of them.

Also, as a little extra tip for acquiring them, once you hit level 49, start checking your part-2 vendors every level, because from that point on they can potentially sell 6s items, which you can usually buy for an alt or two then turn around and sell for 7 jeweller's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info