26 exalts worth of fusings later, still no 6-link

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Then you don't NEED it...you just WANT it.

No, in certain situations you do need it to reach your goals. Of course, you put yourself in that position, but still. What's so wrong about ambitions? Of course, if you put yourself in a position to need a six link, you do not whine about not getting one on the forums.

There's a clear distinction between needing something and wanting something.
If it's your ambition to have a 6L, that's still a want, not a need.

What if my ambition is to own a Ferrari? Let me assure you, I don't need one. I'll be perfectly fine my entire life without ever owning one, but it would be nice.

It's remarkably silly to nitpick about want vs. need in a video game, where you don't actually need anything. Everything is optional, including playing the game at all.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Here's some truth: 5L's are about ten times more likely than 6L. Quit when you get to a 5L. Sell it. Repeat. You'll come out ahead in the end and have your 6L.

100% agree. This is what I intend to do because I don't want to experience what the OP did. You can make your own safety net.
Standard Forever
"
rakenan wrote:

It's remarkably silly to nitpick about want vs. need in a video game, where you don't actually need anything. Everything is optional, including playing the game at all.

But do you want or need it to be silly to make a point?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
ivanius wrote:

Threw 26 exalts worth of fusings on this bow and still no 6-link. I've fused a Shavs, Carcass Jack, and a Belly this season all under 5 exalts and I guess I just got unlucky with this one. Well I guess that's it for me this season. Perhaps I'll be back when another expansion comes out. Pretty burnt out but had a blast this season. Didn't expect myself to get so addicted. Great game but damn you RNG! I don't think I'll ever try to 6-link another item again.

And no I didn't blow 26 exalts in fusings all at once. That is how much I spent over time. After you are a few exalts in it is hard to stop because of the law of large numbers.

Edit: 29 exalts down now and I finally destroyed the bow. Definitely done with the game now. Won't be back. Fusing system is poorly designed from a designer stand point. When a player experiences something like this it really gives them a sour taste and makes them uninstall. Yes it is great and rewarding when you get it fused with a low amount but these players weren't going to quit the game anyways. There should be a safety net to how many fuses you throw onto an item just for the sake of retaining players.

i do the same every league. use some cheap rare 6l or a unique 5l while i am working on my endgame 6l everytime i have fusings but this league my belly of the beast just wouldn't 6l. started working on it rather early in the league but gave up a few days ago and sold it 6s. wonder how many fusings i used.

6l comes in handy vs guardians/shaper/über atziri. in some cases the 6:th gem adds 50% more damage.

i would argue that for everything else a 5l is more than sufficient still i go for the 6l everytime. we are creatures of habit hehe :)

op: don't worry you'll be back. you just need a break by the looks of it.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 15, 2017, 9:46:16 AM
How much is 29ex worth of fusings anyway? No idea.

How could someone who pissed away 26ex worth of fusings rage quit over 3 more?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 15, 2017, 10:02:27 AM
Funny he didn't come here to complain when he linked 3 items under 5 exalts.
1.) No build should require a 6L. It's just one more grinding step beyond what you really need. If you do "need" it, then you did something wrong.

2.) If you're going to self-implode over wasting currency to gamble for a 6L, just use Vorici's crafting bench recipe and save us all the drama. :-P
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 15, 2017, 11:50:20 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

There's a clear distinction between needing something and wanting something.
If it's your ambition to have a 6L, that's still a want, not a need.

What if my ambition is to own a Ferrari? Let me assure you, I don't need one. I'll be perfectly fine my entire life without ever owning one, but it would be nice.

Ok. By that logic you don't need anything in this game. I don't need to get further than Twilight Strand, so everything i need to get further, I want.

But OK, then we agree.

Correct, all you need to play PoE is an item with a socket and a single skill gem.
But you could argue that you don't need to play PoE at all.

....or do you? :o
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:

Correct, all you need to play PoE is an item with a socket and a single skill gem.
But you could argue that you don't need to play PoE at all.

....or do you? :o

I like this debate. You don't really need to get up from bed in the morning. You don't really need to eat, you just want to because you want to survive.

....or do you? :O

Thank you, I'm here all week.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Here's some truth: 5L's are about ten times more likely than 6L. Quit when you get to a 5L. Sell it. Repeat. You'll come out ahead in the end and have your 6L.

100% agree. This is what I intend to do because I don't want to experience what the OP did. You can make your own safety net.

What?

No.

5L's are worth nothing. How is selling a 5L for +5 Chaos more than what the original item is worth going to give you a profit?

----

As for "not needing a 6L," please stop. That shit is ridiculous. Because, yes - you don't NEED anything. Generally speaking, of course. In a vacuum. You need nothing at all, because "need" does not make sense on its own. "Need" comes with a clause. A goal.

You NEED oxygen to stay alive from breathing as a human being. That's one clause required to use "need".

You also NEED a 6L to be optimal. To maximize your build. You don't NEED a 6L to play PoE, but you also don't need chest armor, or a weapon slot, or to use both of your IRL hands. You don't NEED your eyeballs to clear content. But why would you exclude these things?

You don't need a 6L just as much as you don't need a 5L, or a 4L, or a 3L, or a 2L. Just base ability your way through the game.

The same thing that makes you "need" anything linked at all whatsoever is the same thing making you "need" a 6L.

Now please shut the flying fuck up about this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info