26 exalts worth of fusings later, still no 6-link

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Who told you that you needed a 6L?

Wrong response. What gear a player wants to 6L is up to that individual player. No one should be judging the wisdom or lack of for trying to 6L a specific type of bow (like many builds that need the speed of a 6L Quill Rain). What this thread (and many, many, many others... ad nausea) points out is the failure of GGG's use of RNG in every aspect of "crafting" to the extent that one can 6L on the first try (a one in a million luck for sure) or burn through thousands (way more than the 1500 fusings to buy it) and come away with nothing (probably not even a 5L) and be pissed off and hating the devs for this kind of bullshit to the max RNG. The wild min to max range of the RNG in the formulas (in this case what number has to be rolled to achieve a 6L result) is way off and the term "gambling" is more befitting than "crafting" for all stats on gear.

I pointed that out years ago in a post that GGG needs to keep a count of how many fuses have been used on a specific item (just like the item level so when you press Alt you can see it) and then use than in the fusing RNG formula such that the more fusings used will slowly increase your chance that the next one used will result in a 5L or 6L. That would accomplish 2 things: 1. It feels more like crafting than gamblimg as you know the more you use the better your odds of getting a 6L are and 2. The total fusings used would be a factor on selling that item to make it worth more if you decide to sell it with with < 6L. But GGG, in their infinite wisdom err... stupidity err... whatever, has chosen to not code anything better so the 1st fusing used or the 3000th fusing has the same RNG chance to produce a 6L result and I am squarely in the "that's wrong" camp on this.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 14, 2017, 6:32:47 PM
"
Xavathos wrote:
If you had 26 exalts and you wanted a 6L, why didn't you just:

1. Buy a 6L bow.
2. Buy 1500 fus and use Vorici.
3. ???
4. Profit

Winner. You could have Vorici'd it 2.5 times with 26 exalts, lol
"
TheBagman wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
If you had 26 exalts and you wanted a 6L, why didn't you just:

1. Buy a 6L bow.
2. Buy 1500 fuse and use Vorici.
3. ???
4. Profit

Winner. You could have Vorici'd it 2.5 times with 26 exalts, lol

Some one has to be able to get a 6L by cards or fusings because getting a 6L drop isn't viable so somewhere some one has to actually beat the stupid RNG and get a 6L item to put up for sale. But the way GGG makes the 1st fusing used have equal weight as the 500th or 5000th fuse is completely stupid and the the quantity of fuses used should be taken into account when attempting to 6L an item. Without doing this GGG has no right to call it CRAFTING as it's pure rng GAMBLING same as Vegas craps.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

"
ivanius wrote:
After you are a few exalts in it is hard to stop because of the law of large numbers.

That's not the law of large numbers.

It's escalation of commitment based on the sunk cost fallacy.
It's both.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Who told you that you needed a 6L?

lol...
I collect fuze to buy exalts, among other sources 8trade, self found etc), then use the exs to buy an already 6 link unique item, which often cost less than cost of 1500 fuzes.

super 6 link Rares are exception, & the exponational cost well surplus the value, & well out of my league.
Does your bow have itemlevel >= 50?
(Somehow I can not see the itemlevel here in the forum)
"
DeltaWing wrote:

I don't think he is a noobie or that dumb. But ya GGG sucks at providing info. GGG thinks it's great that "we'll just let the players figure it out on their own". So no surprise that there is such a high new player drop out rate as GGG provides very little info to help new players survive long enough to get perm hooked on this arpg. The 3.0 beginning tutorials are a start but need to be expanded upon.

"
DeltaWing wrote:

It wouldn't even be a 6S with ilvl < 50. Except via Vorici, but afaik this lvl50 restriction applies to the number of sockets, not the number of links.
Last edited by AsbelFar on Oct 15, 2017, 7:24:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info