26 exalts worth of fusings later, still no 6-link

Threw 26 exalts worth of fusings on this bow and still no 6-link. I've fused a Shavs, Carcass Jack, and a Belly this season all under 5 exalts and I guess I just got unlucky with this one. Well I guess that's it for me this season. Perhaps I'll be back when another expansion comes out. Pretty burnt out but had a blast this season. Didn't expect myself to get so addicted. Great game but damn you RNG! I don't think I'll ever try to 6-link another item again.

And no I didn't blow 26 exalts in fusings all at once. That is how much I spent over time. After you are a few exalts in it is hard to stop because of the law of large numbers.

Edit: 29 exalts down now and I finally destroyed the bow. Definitely done with the game now. Won't be back. Fusing system is poorly designed from a designer stand point. When a player experiences something like this it really gives them a sour taste and makes them uninstall. Yes it is great and rewarding when you get it fused with a low amount but these players weren't going to quit the game anyways. There should be a safety net to how many fuses you throw onto an item just for the sake of retaining players.
Last edited by ivanius on Oct 15, 2017, 1:53:56 AM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2017, 1:11:26 AM
Who told you that you needed a 6L?
can even be a 0l dmg wise xD just use a tabula untill u can buy it 6l if u really need that extra socket :P
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
5+ years and I have never hit a 6L.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Here's some truth: 5L's are about ten times more likely than 6L. Quit when you get to a 5L. Sell it. Repeat. You'll come out ahead in the end and have your 6L.
You gambled & lost. You base off your 'luck' on previous sucess. YOu were lucky & you think you will continued to be.

Its usually more cost effective to just buy a 6 linked weapon, especially on a unique that is widely available. The Doomfetch Prism bow with 6 link with similar stats are about 7-9ex in PoE trade.

On special rares, you may want to link yourself as I can understand as you may not find them in PoE Trade.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You know, you can let other people have higher ambitions than you. What you need depends solely on your goals and what you want to achieve.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 14, 2017, 10:07:56 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You know, you can let other people have higher ambitions than you. What you need depends solely on your goals and what you want to achieve.

Then you don't NEED it...you just WANT it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Me and my friends rather go the safe way. We all farm fusings for one of us, until we reach 1500, then we vorici it. Then we continue farming fusings for next person to do the same.

Its pretty different when you have multiple people farming for multiple people and backing each other up.
Spreading salt since 2006
It's the principle behind insurance. You're willing to pay more for the security of having what you need. The problem here is that the need is false. You're paying more for something you don't even need... which is kind of whack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info