[3.0] Self-Cast Glacial Cascade Inquisitor - 1.4m DPS, Shaper and Uber Atziri Viable

"
Immaniz wrote:
may i ask u where ur castingspeed comes from?
u have 233% unbuffed for gc, but i cant find much castingspeed on your gear and only some nodes in the tree as well

It actually says in PoB if you go into Calcs

19% on the tree, 20% from Onslaught via Mutewind Seal, 34% from Instruments of Virtue and the minor node before it, 10% from Doryani's, 13% from Arcane Surge, 12% from frenzy charges, and 70% more from Spell Echo.

So basically half of it from Onslaught and IoV, the rest from miscellaneous sources, and Spell Echo.

The second tooltip screenshot isn't totally unbuffed; it only excludes the "unreliable" buffs from charges and flasks. It still includes IoV from the movement skill, Arcane Surge from Orb of Storms, and Onslaught from Summon Ice Golem. Basically I meant that to be representative of what the build brings to an extended fight like Shaper or Uber Atziri.

"
TheGrammaton wrote:
Video pls

I don't have any video capture programs installed. Can you recommend one?
Last edited by LEaught on Nov 13, 2017, 12:25:17 PM
Why do I loose life when casting glacial cascade? Followed your build to lvl 80 but I only seam to loose life not to leech. (im templar newbie)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2033763

With this new gem, I will play glacial cascade next league!
Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
"
Why do I loose life when casting glacial cascade? Followed your build to lvl 80 but I only seam to loose life not to leech. (im templar newbie)

You lose life because the Covenant lets you cast the socketed skill from life instead of mana. The sources of leech for this build are Doryani's Catalyst, Warlord's Mark, the boot enchantment, and optionally Berek's Grip or Eye of Innocence. If none of these are up, you won't leech anything back!

I should actually update the guide to include Berek's Grip in the "core" build. I've swapped it back in over that rare ring, and the results have been pretty good.
Last edited by LEaught on Dec 3, 2017, 3:03:09 PM
I want to play this for the league starter, will you update this accordingly?
does this even work for 3.1 ? anyone know
Having a hard time past level 50ish content playing this build without VP in comfortable reach, dont have any major leech sources yet, but seems a bit squishy. an update on the build would be great.
And what bandits do u choose for this build? :-)
path Of Building says he choose Alira.

And im wondering what gods are the best for this build ?
are you guys finding this viable in 3.1? would love an update, it's really interesting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info