Lord of the rings plotline

Because then there wouldn't be a movie. The same can be said about a lot of movies. Plus, there are a lot more plot holes than that. The only thing that makes it watchable is high production values. I'm really surprised that it created so many fanboys.
Dinosaurs are extinct in LoTR too, sorry.
"
X1Z1 wrote:
Because then there wouldn't be a movie. The same can be said about a lot of movies. Plus, there are a lot more plot holes than that. The only thing that makes it watchable is high production values. I'm really surprised that it created so many fanboys.

you realise its a book right? The most famous fantasy book of all time that essentially wrote the script for the majority of fantasy novels, films and games that have come since and has sold over 150,000,000 copies since it was released in 1954? You think maybe that is what created the fanboys rather than a movie adaptation of it in 2001?

The books was written nearly a century ago and it created almost singlehandedly an entire genre. It's easily one of the most influential works of fiction ever written. Tolkien created an entire universe with painstaking craftsmanship, patience, attention to detail and enormous erudition. I don't think there are many living people today who can come even close to Tolkien's old-school level of classical education in the humanities. And he did all that using a well-structured mythological framework and ancient archetypes that have been part of the most influential stories told by mankind for thousands of years.

It's easy to shit on LotR from a modern perspective. After we've been fed a diet of elves, dwarves, mages, orcs, epic battles and heroic quests by thousands of movies, games and books. Yes, the book feels a bit plodding and a bit naive, especially the first part. However, it still has its own distinct atmosphere. Still no one comes even close to that level of worldbuilding. It is pretty much the Bible of fantasy. Where it all started.

Hats off to the old master.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
If i recall correctly he started writing the books for his children or grandchildren. Well, not the books but developing the story.

I reckon they got a lot more out of it rather then "and then they took the express-eagle to the volcano and dumped the ring, the end."

Illuvator didn't want it to happen that way, so he played a different flute.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:

you realise its a book right? The most famous fantasy book of all time that essentially wrote the script for the majority of fantasy novels, films and games that have come since and has sold over 150,000,000 copies since it was released in 1954? You think maybe that is what created the fanboys rather than a movie adaptation of it in 2001?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I linked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU this to my friend and was mind fucked.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info