Lord of the rings plotline

So uh let me get this straight the evil spooky ring is basically the antagonist is their a reason they couldn't just hop on a giant bird and you know throw the ring in the fucking volcano? Instead of ...walking?

Anyone?

friend made me watch it =(
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 13, 2017, 4:30:31 PM
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2017, 6:14:51 AM
in the books it's more explained properly. The eagles refused to carry the ring because they are afraid of being corrupted by it's power.
"
is their a reason they couldn't just hop on a giant bird

Those birds were said by Gandalf to be highly intelligent creatures.

If you called one while you had the ring, it might’ve thought you were trying to propose. Can you imagine how awkward that’d be? With so much going on the fellowship decided not to risk it.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I_NO, you should read the books.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Yeah, I agree. I read them as a teen and later on. I have to say though, sadly, the are VERY creaky now. Still a good story but just ... very creaky. Not aging all that well.

Tolkien's writing style is not pleasant to many. Mawkish dialogue, and my God, the songs!

Just read them and don't listen to my complaints. Compare him to Dickens (who is way older and has aged really well).

Maybe you will think this line: "Long live the halflings and praise them with great praise" repeated over and over isn't way out there to a modern reader.

Still damned good story, though.
Censored.
"
diablofdb wrote:
in the books it's more explained properly. The eagles refused to carry the ring because they are afraid of being corrupted by it's power.

you made that up
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
They would've never made it to the volcano without being spotted by Sauron if flying; they had to do it the sneaky way. Their plan didn't go smoothly all the time, but in the end it worked...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
the books are probably worth a read once. The hard part is the start, it takes a bit of dedication to get somewhere but it starts rolling along eventually.

Ive read them a number of times, I dont think I could ever read them again though, with the films and the way all the creatures and characters have just become the blueprint for every unimaginative fantasy set book, game and film in my entire lifetime... ugghhhhhhhhh

its dead jim.
"
bwam wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

you made that up

nope Tolkien talked about this himself
HERE’S WHY THE EAGLES DIDN’T TAKE THE ONE RING TO MORDOR

A very valid question though. Having read the books, I don't particularly recall Gandalf asking them to.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info