Confession: I started smoking again, now I'm quitting AGAIN

Vaping helped a lot of friends when they reached the 30/35yo - They are doing fine yet i didn't see them getting a third arm, a second head or 14 fingers as a result. Tought some of them hasn't been able to remove nicotine before a long time.

Need to be careful there arn't long term studies on it yet, tought there are more tools to analyse all of that than for the cigarette back in days for example. And the general opinion is clearly saying that it will be hardly more toxic than what you can find in a cigarette IF and only IF you verify where come from the products, and their content.

Lot of Liquids for electronic cigarette has been taken down from the market and it's going to keep going like that for a while, let's say some countries are used to release some shits whenever they can and export no matter the consequences.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Oct 14, 2017, 7:09:15 AM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I agree that most people lie to themselves about why they switch to vaping. But at least, anecdotally, it can serve as a vehicle towards recovery if you want it to.

Your statement seem to imply that there is really no benefit in vaping vs smoking cigarettes, that I am lying to myself and it is just anecdotal. Vaping products have been sold since 2004, it has been 13 years and there is no research that could prove that it is as harmful or more harmful than cigarettes. In fact research seem to point that it is 90%+ better than cigarettes.

I don't want to argue or debate since I'm no expert, I'm just stating what I currently know and understand. But based on what I can read on the internet this seems to be true. But then again everyone has their own bias and I'm not trying to convince anyone, in fact if you can prove or have evidence that it is in fact more harmful then sure I'd go back to smoking cigs.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Oct 14, 2017, 9:57:29 AM
"
element274 wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I agree that most people lie to themselves about why they switch to vaping. But at least, anecdotally, it can serve as a vehicle towards recovery if you want it to.

Your statement seem to imply that there is really no benefit in vaping vs smoking cigarettes, that I am lying to myself and it is just anecdotal. Vaping products have been sold since 2004, it has been 13 years and there is no research that could prove that it is as harmful or more harmful than cigarettes. In fact research seem to point that it is 90%+ better than cigarettes.

I don't want to argue or debate since I'm no expert, I'm just stating what I currently know and understand. But based on what I can read on the internet this seems to be true. But then again everyone has their own bias and I'm not trying to convince anyone, in fact if you can prove or have evidence that it is in fact more harmful then sure I'd go back to smoking cigs.

I don’t mean to imply anything about you, individually, nor is my intention to suggest that there may not be benefits to switching to vaping—any reduction in detriment could be framed as a benefit.

Rather, by nature of offering an agreement, I meant to imply that I am offering an opinion. That most often, I have seen people who seek to quit, instead replace one vice for another. Until there is a study that demonstrates the health benefits of vaping for non-smokers (there won’t be one) it will remain my position that you are not restoring yourself to proper health, but rather putting yourself less at risk.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Give it another shot. Drop the booze as well. Even occasional booze. Might as well get all of that crap out at once.

Go, man go.

Best wishes to the rest of you also!

<3
Why would you want to poison your body? God made me perfect and you too.. I intend to keep it that way. Want to get high? Run 6 miles best high ever. I used to wrestle and ran 7 after coach made us practice in 95 degrees two hours before that. Felt like a heroin addict after.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 15, 2017, 1:37:00 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Why would you want to poison your body? God made me perfect and you too.. I intend to keep it that way. Want to get high? Run 6 miles best high ever. I used to wrestle and ran 7 after coach made us practice in 95 degrees two hours before that. Felt like a heroin addict after.

Did you actually ever do drugs? You'd be surprised.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Rather, by nature of offering an agreement, I meant to imply that I am offering an opinion. That most often, I have seen people who seek to quit, instead replace one vice for another. Until there is a study that demonstrates the health benefits of vaping for non-smokers (there won’t be one) it will remain my position that you are not restoring yourself to proper health, but rather putting yourself less at risk.

Yes, I'd agree, it's still a vice. And yes I would not recommend vaping for non-smokers. Do yoga, jog, gym, bjj and sports instead. Stay free.

There is a silver lining for us smokers turned vapers though, some have successfully quit smoking and vaping. I am now starting my 3.0mg nic from 6.0mg nic, I am aiming for zero nic then totally quitting. An acquaintance I met in the shop told me that for him the last part was the hardest, getting to zero nic was gradual but steady, but the total quitting was the real challenge. Maybe because your brain is so wired to the habit and stress is so prevalent in our every day working and living conditions, I dunno.

The thing though is that I think he is into this Ayahuasca/DMT thing, some sort of psychedelic potion brew. It sounds like a transcendent experience. I've recently watched Joe Rogan talked about it in one of his videos when I googled it. Maybe like peeking into the edge of reality of your own perceived unconscious existence or madness perhaps.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I hope you're not beating yourself up over this, Kol.

I'm just here on day 4 wishing I had a cigarette, refusing to go buy any, and wondering why the fuck I ever started again. :( Not like I had no idea how this would end. Again.

Pointless suffering.

On a positive note, having not been smoking for a long time this time, I can and have for months been able to appreciate food taste more than I used to before I quit the first time. Had a tasty prime rib steak last night with loaded baked potato. Yum.

Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I hope you're not beating yourself up over this, Kol.

I'm just here on day 4 wishing I had a cigarette, refusing to go buy any, and wondering why the fuck I ever started again. :( Not like I had no idea how this would end. Again.

Pointless suffering.

On a positive note, having not been smoking for a long time this time, I can and have for months been able to appreciate food taste more than I used to before I quit the first time. Had a tasty prime rib steak last night with loaded baked potato. Yum.

and now im hungry

at any rate stick with it

ive had my own struggles with drugs and alcohol and its an ongoing battle
I dont see any any key!
The good news is, you know how this will end. And next time you think about buying a pack or bumming a smoke, you will also know how it will go.

I think that first relapse is essential to quitting for good.

Something silly that really helped me the first time: get a fidget spinner. Whenever you really crave a cigarette, just fuck with the spinner until you forget about it. Really helps while watching shows, etc, when I’d normally have a cig or two during downtime. Not smoking while being productive is easy, I’ve got shit to focus on; it’s the time in between, and the spinner gives you something passive to do.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info