Trade Market Price Gouging

Something needs to be done about the current price gouging going on. The xbox one prices are nearly 100x the listings for PC. I am sick of hearing the "it will correct itself over time" "supply and demand" arguments. New players have no idea how to price check their items. They just assume a leveling unique item is worth 30+ chaos, when in reality it borderline a chaos.

There needs to be a way to show average price of an unique item or similar item. It doesn't seem, as the league progresses, that Xbox players are understanding how to price items.

POE Trade is great for the PC, and it makes it easy to price check items there. However, players on the Xbox are absolutely ridiculous when pricing items. This makes SSF a default mode, whether you picked it or not.

If something can be done about this, more players will be able to trade items, making their player better. This increases chances of staying alive (hardcore mode), leveling, and finding more items to trade. Thus creating an endless amount of trading where there will be an increase of quality items with reasonable pricing.

Reducing price gouging should be a main concern for GGG, and they should not rely on the players to figure it out. Clearly the players are unequipped to deal with this.
Last bumped on Nov 17, 2017, 10:08:35 AM
This is what happens when you have a bunch of people who are too lazy to put in the minimal amount of effort required to see how items are valued by people who actually have a clue (it also doesn't help that they have no clue how math works since they keep claiming that since the xbox pop is lower than that means prices should be higher, these clowns need to learn what a ratio is). They're greedy, ignorant and lazy and will continue to be so thanks to the multitude of people who make excuses for them and the inept mods here who protect them.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
Last edited by Slizzered on Oct 12, 2017, 6:09:07 PM
Totally agree with you. Now lets think of a way GGG can step in and fix this, rather than rely on our Xbox population (because we know they will not figure it out).

If everyone is a millionaire, then no one is.

Thought process 1: Inflation
If you are purchasing items for 100x the value of a different economy(pc) then you are also selling your items at 100x the value of that other economy.

Thought process 2: Supply and demand
I want to purchase Kaom's heart. There are currently 167 available from online sellers at poe.trade at an average of 3.2ex each. On xbox, there are 4 at an average of 18ex. 41x the supply on PC, and only a 5x price.

Thought process 3: Meta
There is currently no way to filter rares, which means that more people will be using strong unique items over equally strong rares. This results in a meta change. More people playing heavy unique builds, which also increases the demand for certain unique items.

The trading aspect is fine. Trying to base xbox prices off of standard harbinger is equally as futile as trying to price Harbinger Hardcore off of Standard prices. Different economies, different metas, different items available, and different demand.
trust me as an xbox only player i can understand prices ive played games with vastly superior trade systems. E.g. Warframe / Neverwinter. it will take an incredibly long for the trade system to work itself out without other players to chat with and compare prices to.

So please GGG take a page from Digital Extremes book because their trading system is the best there is in all console games ive played.
Last edited by GobiXB1 on Oct 13, 2017, 9:13:03 PM
Two things need to happen: 1) Global/trade chat. The uninformed cannot expect to become informed when the game plays out in a vacuum. 2) Forum account linking. This will enable poe.trade on Xbox, and encourage new players to participate on the forums as the most efficient way to facilitate trades.

The market will adjust over time, but not while interactivity is throttled to zero.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 15, 2017, 11:26:41 PM
The Trade Board is a mess.

The pricing of things is plain ridiculous.

Not because there is demand - its just because people are greedy af.

Its not like you get exalts faster on console than on pc.
I can see the same players everytime i login, wich means there are very few players.
Few players means that very good items is ultra rare compared to pc, and if you want a ultra rare item you better play the game or the trade aint happening.

Tho ah is full of less rare items like lioneye bows etc, because these few players already got decent items and simply dont need it.

Result is that you almost cant sell less rare items and you cant afford the rare items.
This has "NOTHING" to do with the ah itself but everything to do with the player base.

And it aint getting better with some playing hc and some sc.
Seeing Kaom's Heart at 24 exalts gave me PTSD flashbacks to beta days lol.

It's also what made me quit playing since staring at my 7 exalts and knowing the league would be over before I got my Kaom's was too ridiculous to even consider.

They have a hardcore trading system (chinese Garena trading) in a notably casual environment (console).

It isn't going to work. The bigger problem i see is that because of the cost of end game items, next league will be dead unless there is some really cool crazy mechanic.

There is simply no way for a majority of the players to get to the amount of currency necessary for an end game build within a 3 month league... especially when players have no idea how to price items because there is no chat to talk about things.
"
Seeing Kaom's Heart at 24 exalts gave me PTSD flashbacks to beta days lol.

It's also what made me quit playing since staring at my 7 exalts and knowing the league would be over before I got my Kaom's was too ridiculous to even consider.

They have a hardcore trading system (chinese Garena trading) in a notably casual environment (console).

It isn't going to work. The bigger problem i see is that because of the cost of end game items, next league will be dead unless there is some really cool crazy mechanic.

There is simply no way for a majority of the players to get to the amount of currency necessary for an end game build within a 3 month league... especially when players have no idea how to price items because there is no chat to talk about things.

You nailed it.

I have 1ex and maybe a few more total with my currency. I live in a world where 20 chaos is a lot, but everything decent costs that or more. I'm left bargain shopping and praying someone sells something reasonable and no ability to haggle.

Maybe standard will end up being my home going forward but as for a new league? Not unless they make some big changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info