Roll-back - EPIC FAIL ... ?

"
vio wrote:
it's unacceptable that code that deletes certain items makes it into the game server. hope they slow down their development in favour of more testing procedures soon.

Pretty sure this baffled even them, the patch was not big and apparently unrelated to what happened, which was deleting items with essence crafted mods, i mean sure if the patch actual done something to those specific mods but something fucked up with it but as far as i can see it was totally unrelated.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
vio wrote:
it's unacceptable that code that deletes certain items makes it into the game server. hope they slow down their development in favour of more testing procedures soon.

Pretty sure this baffled even them, the patch was not big and apparently unrelated to what happened, which was deleting items with essence crafted mods, i mean sure if the patch actual done something to those specific mods but something fucked up with it but as far as i can see it was totally unrelated.

i do work in software and know about the temptations of doing quick fixes (what can possibly happen if i do that???). no you can't do that on live servers.
patches must go through q&a, i'm pretty sure they didn't test that quick fix.

as a software company you don't only lose customers with stunts like that, the more important loss is the trust your customers have in your abilities and reliability.

ok, i know: free game, no bitching. but the only method to prevent the latter is more communication and there, things have gone down lately with their decreased communication to their pc forum fanbase. just fire up gggtracker.com and compare their posting frequency on heir various official sites yourself.

edit: looked up their posts and as it always is, ggg posted alot today.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 16, 2017, 1:15:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info