Dear GGG, please hold your ground and do not reverse force-desecrate-fix.

It's because of people like you that diablo 3 has become what it is ...
It's because of peaople like you that POE get worse and worse, every patch destroys all the fun in this game, it's incomprehensible choice.
Now it is forbidden to be happy while playing it is necessary in addition that haters destroy the good mood of the others ....
If you are serious that the fun you have stems from finding broken mechanics to exploit, then you really need to look for a different publisher. PoE's entire structure is designed around fixing the problems as they arise. This fix doesn't do anything except keep players from swapping in/out of out of map specters. It's not even on the "nerf" side of the scale.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you are serious that the fun you have stems from finding broken mechanics to exploit, then you really need to look for a different publisher. PoE's entire structure is designed around fixing the problems as they arise. This fix doesn't do anything except keep players from swapping in/out of out of map specters. It's not even on the "nerf" side of the scale.

Overpowered uniques and overpowered skills/builds have defined a large portion of poe's enjoyable history. Is it healthy? probably not, is it fun? absolutely. Don't be so quick to discredit players wanting to feel powerful in a game that so harshly punishes experimentation and sub optimal play.

How long did the reign of CoC go for? CI? 12 aura setups with reduced mana? Snappshotting? The list goes on.

What was the harm in giving summoners 2 months of joy after 4 years of waiting when Coc lasted a good 1-2 years.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 12, 2017, 2:08:35 PM
Yep. As I said... they continue to fix problems as they arise. It's getting bent out of shape over them fixing their game that people should quit. Just play. Play for fun. If your fun is to try to find broken stuff, move on to the next project. They fixed this one.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yep. As I said... they continue to fix problems as they arise. It's getting bent out of shape over them fixing their game that people should quit. Just play. Play for fun. If your fun is to try to find broken stuff, move on to the next project. They fixed this one.

Wait till you understood nothing my guy, the purpose of an H&S is precisely to find god build by itself or by the community.
Exactly the fun is here in these broken builds as you say but if you need to nerf, you have to do it with retreat and great reflection .... Not penalizing any other spectre builds and players by the same...
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Overpowered uniques and overpowered skills/builds have defined a large portion of poe's enjoyable history. Is it healthy? probably not, is it fun? absolutely. Don't be so quick to discredit players wanting to feel powerful in a game that so harshly punishes experimentation and sub optimal play.

How long did the reign of CoC go for? CI? 12 aura setups with reduced mana? Snappshotting? The list goes on.

What was the harm in giving summoners 2 months of joy after 4 years of waiting when Coc lasted a good 1-2 years.

You said everything and better than me: D
TBH Fixing the desecrate table trick did nothing in regards of making the build less viable, yes it now takes some unnecessary affort to get your spectres together but that kind of fix did nothing positive as a whole, but it was indeed a bug in the first place.

I say we just wait, in the upcoming patch I believe they're going to add more maps to the Atlas, these maps will ( hopefully ) fix the absence of high-level spectres.

This or make it so that our spectres get up-scaled to the higher of either our gem or to the instance level.

But knowing GGG I believe they will just make monster variety more common across the maps, which I think is the perfect solution for this.
Last edited by Xaxeth on Oct 12, 2017, 2:41:39 PM
"

This or make it so that our spectres get up-scaled to the higher of either our gem or to the instance level.

they get downscaled to the level the zone you got them from or the gem level not upscaled, if it was upscaled nobody would be complaining.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:
Couldnt they just balance those two specters next patch as a more logical solution then making players spawn desecrate for 30 minutes plus in a small selection of maps?

Perhaps the intent of the spell is, as it always was, that you summon specters from what you encounter and kill, then trade them up if you find a better one? Sounds suspiciously like how other gear stuff is handled to me...

Your other gear occasionally dies and needs to be replaced by whatever is laying around on the ground?

I'm on Xbox these days so I don't really give a shit about the latest patch right now, but you can't really pretend other gear works like spectres just because it appears to be OP to you. I roll with level 68 spectres in mid T maps most days, I only recently was even able to target a spectre body to summon what I wanted on the xbox thanks to a patch, I'm pretty far from OP.
Last edited by Jauron on Oct 12, 2017, 3:06:17 PM
I think the best thing for us it do is not reply to this thread, so it is sent to the 100th page, where it belongs.
Since it is already top and has been for a long time, I figured I'll say this now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info