Dear GGG, please hold your ground and do not reverse force-desecrate-fix.

"
sharbe wrote:
I like this change.
I like this change because most specter summoners fail to realize getting an OP specter should not be easy as pie. You need expensive primordial jewels to make golem builds viable. You used to need a +3 weapon to make SRS viable. You need threshold jewels to make skelly viable. But somehow, you need nothing but TV and wickermen to burn down the shaper? How fair is that?
Your specters are part of your gears. If you want OP specters, earn them.

how about this , ill give you a quest ......find me a host chieftain specter in end game maps .

ill come back to collect your bones at the end of eternity.....
If one of your specters dies or whatever, what's the chance that the map you're in has a monster that can use the same links?
"
sharbe wrote:
I like this change.
I like this change because most specter summoners fail to realize getting an OP specter should not be easy as pie. You need expensive primordial jewels to make golem builds viable. You used to need a +3 weapon to make SRS viable. You need threshold jewels to make skelly viable. But somehow, you need nothing but TV and wickermen to burn down the shaper? How fair is that?
Your specters are part of your gears. If you want OP specters, earn them.

Yeah, heaven forbid that playing a build should be as simple as socketing your gems and opening a map...everyone should have to socket their gems, run around for 30 minutes, and kill just the right monster types before their socketed gems start to give them optimal dps.

On a more positive note, I could give a fuck less, because I stopped playing summoners years ago when I realized that the devs were having players jump through hoops to play a build.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
EEEE U GOT DEH EARN IT RNG must be EARNED SO GOOOOD

Oh give it a rest OP what the fuck is this shit.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I play a necro every league at some point or other and until the double dip nerf my go to spectre was always knitted horrors so I already know what this change is like (as they can't be desecrated)

frankly its horrendous, I had to buy quays and chain run them just to get a T10 Spectre the chances of getting the spectre you want out of a particular map are pretty horrendous. Rolling specific mods can help if it spawns them but the map contains X aren't particular common.

Functionally this change is like making you equip a blue axe until you've killed enough mobs to put on your disfavour, its bareable but its still really dumb. It will vastly promote the tougher spectres which is maybe their goal anyway, but hipster spectre builds should be acceptable as they suck anyway.
I honestly would not mind running some maps to get a specific specter if they reliably spawned in certain maps. IE, knitted horrors always spawn in wasteland.
"
vifoxe wrote:
I honestly would not mind running some maps to get a specific specter if they reliably spawned in certain maps. IE, knitted horrors always spawn in wasteland.

that'd be decent enough, restrictive for SSF but probably not terrible. Some of them are particularly difficult to locate i always struggle to find the BV demons (have to roll a map to constains demons usually) or the incinerate cannibals are another one that you can't get a high version of usually.

the real solution is to take levels out of the equation.

1 Make it so specters ALWAYS scale to the zone level
2 Make is so specters only scale down to the gem level (70 at gem 20 i think)
3 Balance the resulting specters damage and hp to account for the top end power scaling in tier 13+ maps

This will solve everything.

it will solve finding specters because you can literally find any example of the specter you want and use it

it will allow ggg to address the top end scaling that is very much a problem (tier 14+ specters are significantly more powerful than any other minion in the game that needs to change .. sry)

it simplifies the whole equation since you wont need to dick around with zone level , desecrate level and all that bullshit.

those three things can salvage this mess all GGG need do is follow through with what they started
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 12, 2017, 12:21:13 PM
Here is what I don't understand. Even if you agree that spectres are OP why nerf like this? Why is making them obscure and time consuming set up the way to balance them????

Spectres are too strong? Cool! then limit the level of the spectres based on a max lvl on the gem. If you dont want players using spectres with a monster level higher than that of say, a T10 map, then just make that the max lvl of the spectres in the game!!!

Spectre builds are ok power wise but are way too cheap? Cool! Make spectre uniques higher tier rarity! Or just nerf them! Super easy to do between leagues. Which brings me to the next baffling decision:

Why on earth do this mid-league? Couldn't this have simply been an announced change for next league and people could have given feedback on?

And lastly, why would you HYPE SPECTRE PERSISTENCE BUT NOT DISCLOSE THE MUCH LARGER QOL NERF?????????
Like what reason could GGG have had to literally go out of their way to deceive players into thinking a QoL buff was coming when they were going to do the opposite? Even if you believe spectres should be nerfed AND you strictly believe the only way to nerf them is by making setting them a tooth pulling experience, how can you possibly be ok with such a crappy bait and switch on a mid league change like this?

I have defended GGG and believed they could really do no wrong. Was happy to constantly buy supporter packs and what not and reward what I believed was a fantastic group, highly invested in their players and open communication. This was a heartbreaking change that has completely upended that. I'm clearly done this league because of this and now I don't know if I will bother playing again.
Last edited by Grasswhistle on Oct 12, 2017, 12:43:21 PM
GGG just can not catch a break since 3.0 and harbinger released. Wave after wave of lukewarm success generally followed by protest from the community.

How hard would it have been to let summoners enjoy their 2 minutes in the limelight? Let them keep what ever the the hell this specter thing is till the next major expansion.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info