Dear GGG, please hold your ground and do not reverse force-desecrate-fix.

I like this change.
I like this change because most specter summoners fail to realize getting an OP specter should not be easy as pie. You need expensive primordial jewels to make golem builds viable. You used to need a +3 weapon to make SRS viable. You need threshold jewels to make skelly viable. But somehow, you need nothing but TV and wickermen to burn down the shaper? How fair is that?
Your specters are part of your gears. If you want OP specters, earn them.
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2017, 8:55:33 AM
Couldnt they just balance those two specters next patch as a more logical solution then making players spawn desecrate for 30 minutes plus in a small selection of maps?
And here I thought I would finally make a necro build but instead we already have people crying about keeping nerfs in place because seeing other people miserable makes them happy, apparently.

You have to appreciate the irony in making a change like allowing specters to be permanent but then taking a step back by making it more difficult to summon specters LMAO.
Last edited by ironstove on Oct 12, 2017, 3:40:01 AM
"
Fhark wrote:
Couldnt they just balance those two specters next patch as a more logical solution then making players spawn desecrate for 30 minutes plus in a small selection of maps?

Perhaps the intent of the spell is, as it always was, that you summon specters from what you encounter and kill, then trade them up if you find a better one? Sounds suspiciously like how other gear stuff is handled to me...
Is it actually a problem for summoners?

I get the feeling the only problem is reddit's mindset again. ("this one thing is best, everything else is dogshit")
Perception is reality.
So OP you are totally fine with these issues :

"
The Desecration trick allowed spectre summoner to target and use the exact monster type they wanted

An accidental mis-click of the chest piece, raise spectre gem, stat item, or bones of ullr will cause all spectre to disappear forcing you to spend currency and time again

I can no longer change spectre at will anymore(which was one of the coolest parts of a spectre build), if I do happen to chance by solar guards or frost sentinels in the future I would never intentionally de-spawn them again.

Decreased spectre variety, everyone will flock to the best things that can be desecrated at the highest of levels and use nothing else

Even more annoying gameplay then before the patch, now you literally have to spin the rng wheel and hope that map holds the mob you are going for. This can take hours and many many chaos orbs. People are reporting desecrating 500 times before the monster they want appears.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:

Perhaps the intent of the spell is, as it always was, that you summon specters from what you encounter and kill, then trade them up if you find a better one? Sounds suspiciously like how other gear stuff is handled to me...

my thought exactly. Desecrate itself is already a big QoL for specter summoners.
"
Necromael wrote:
So OP you are totally fine with these issues :

"
The Desecration trick allowed spectre summoner to target and use the exact monster type they wanted

An accidental mis-click of the chest piece, raise spectre gem, stat item, or bones of ullr will cause all spectre to disappear forcing you to spend currency and time again

I can no longer change spectre at will anymore(which was one of the coolest parts of a spectre build), if I do happen to chance by solar guards or frost sentinels in the future I would never intentionally de-spawn them again.

Decreased spectre variety, everyone will flock to the best things that can be desecrated at the highest of levels and use nothing else

Even more annoying gameplay then before the patch, now you literally have to spin the rng wheel and hope that map holds the mob you are going for. This can take hours and many many chaos orbs. People are reporting desecrating 500 times before the monster they want appears.

and whose fault it is when you mis-click your equipment? I once mis-clicked my amulet that gave me dex and instantly got me killed from blue mobs. Should I whine about that?
If you cannot get certain specters, why not join a discord and look for ppl who are sharing. why ppl not whine about finding six trials?
Don't understand the issue - weren't you able to chance by desecrate only the monsters who are present on map you are in before?
Last edited by tm10067 on Oct 12, 2017, 4:31:58 AM
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:

I dont really know the intent of the spell, i doubt anyone but ggg does and they prob think it can change across time as nearly everything in poe changes.
If you look at it across the two spec builds i know about its not to bad, solar guards are pretty easy to get with map has solar lunatics in it mod. And wicker/ tukohama arent easy but are both available in overgrown ruin (taken people 1/2 an hour plus but they are op specters).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info