[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

"
intered wrote:
First of all, I really love this build! This build made me love POE again! Thanks for that.

But I have a question about the Spectre.

I would like to get a Carnage Chieftain Spectre. But thing is I dont understand hw to get a high level one? I Know you can get a Carnage Chieftain in Act2. But once you Raised one with Desecrate, how can you raise them again in a high tier map?

I changed that part in the guide a bit and hope it is better explained now, let me know if that's the case.
@WizardRush - Thanks for the explanation! It was a bit tricky to get 2 of the Carnage Chieftain, because when Desecrate spawned a Chieftain on the ground it was raising not the Chieftains but one of the others. But after a few attempts I managed it.

@Clooney - Guide more clear now.

Though I think there is a small mistake in the guide:

Zombie Links:
Use an Item Rarity insted of a Multistrike/Maim/Ruthless to increase your chances for better loot.

The Item Rarity is a blue gem, the Multistrike/maim/ruthless are red. So can't switch those ;)
I also managed to replace a brawn with a 2nd VIOLENT DEAD jewel while keeping 1200+ strength for the 7th Zombie.

My damage increased drsatically now that zombies only attack with slam and don't use any default attacks anymore.

I've also read in a different thread that slam sttack can't miss.
If that's the case this is the way to go then since zombies almost miss every second hit otherwise.

The only thing I'm not sure is whether I fulfill the requirements for the 2nd VIOLENT DEAD's mods.
Can someone check that? I just don't get the mechanics with "int in radius" thanks! :)

Feel free to check my gear, made it public.

PS: @Clooney, still waiting for your friend request.

Cheers
Last edited by Dan_Rey on Jun 21, 2018, 4:11:38 PM
"
intered wrote:
@WizardRush - Thanks for the explanation! It was a bit tricky to get 2 of the Carnage Chieftain, because when Desecrate spawned a Chieftain on the ground it was raising not the Chieftains but one of the others. But after a few attempts I managed it.

@Clooney - Guide more clear now.

Though I think there is a small mistake in the guide:

Zombie Links:
Use an Item Rarity insted of a Multistrike/Maim/Ruthless to increase your chances for better loot.

The Item Rarity is a blue gem, the Multistrike/maim/ruthless are red. So can't switch those ;)

There is a button that lets you target corpses, dont know what the default one is, look it up in your keybindings, it makes it easier.

It's not a mistake, that's the setup for when you want to chain run hundreds of maps. It doesnt take many chromes to change that socket color.

"
Dan_Rey wrote:
I also managed to replace a brawn with a 2nd VIOLENT DEAD jewel while keeping 1200+ strength for the 7th Zombie.

My damage increased drsatically now that zombies only attack with slam and don't use any default attacks anymore.

I've also read in a different thread that slam sttack can't miss.
If that's the case this is the way to go then since zombies almost miss every second hit otherwise.

The only thing I'm not sure is whether I fulfill the requirements for the 2nd VIOLENT DEAD's mods.
Can someone check that? I just don't get the mechanics with "int in radius" thanks! :)

Feel free to check my gear, made it public.

PS: @Clooney, still waiting for your friend request.

Cheers

That is actually a really nice place for an Efficient Training, you turn that one Int node below the minion cluster into strength this way.
That might actually be the best setup to get both Violent Dead jewels in. I think i add that to the guide for when you have good enough gear and high enough level.
Thank you man, that's why i appreciate all feedback.

Yea, exactly, the slam cant be evaded. They added that in Bestiary, i think, and it was a huge damage buff for them.

There just needs to be 40 total Int in the jewel radius, doesnt matter if you actually have those nodes or not. The socket you chose is one that can use Int threshold jewels.

And i think i already added you, did i not? You sent me one and i accepted when i logged in couple days ago.
Hey I seen you guys talkin about adding another violent dead jewel and liked the idea but I wanted to go with adding mana instead of elemental dmg makes it easier to recast zombies but i'm unsure if the jewel is working and not sure how to tell I have it placed near chaos inoculation there are 40 int there just not sure if the int on the left is actually meeting the requirements
"
hedpe666 wrote:
Hey I seen you guys talkin about adding another violent dead jewel and liked the idea but I wanted to go with adding mana instead of elemental dmg makes it easier to recast zombies but i'm unsure if the jewel is working and not sure how to tell I have it placed near chaos inoculation there are 40 int there just not sure if the int on the left is actually meeting the requirements

The Violent Dead is sadly not working in that socket. I know it looks like that Int node is in it's radius, but it's barely not. You can see that by hovering the jewel above that socket, it is not highlighting.

You can use both Violent Dead jewels without getting an extra jewel socket, the strength on your gear needs to be good enough, i just added this to the guide.
I just played around in Path of Building and actually dont like to get an extra socket for that, it costs too many points so you need to be either high enough level 95+ or you need to drop almost 1000 life worth of life nodes.
"
That is actually a really nice place for an Efficient Training, you turn that one Int node below the minion cluster into strength this way.
That might actually be the best setup to get both Violent Dead jewels in. I think i add that to the guide for when you have good enough gear and high enough level.
Thank you man, that's why i appreciate all feedback.

hey clooney,

just look at my skill tree for 2nd VD jewel - it's quite easy to place it (right under the left ET jewel but at cost of 4 skillpoints) and I use still 2 brawn. my gear and lvl should fit your requirements with ease.

the brawn left at bottom can be removed then, if your STR don't fall under 100 to spare 3 skillpoints (at cost of 20 STR and brawn)
"
Zedforce wrote:
hey clooney,

just look at my skill tree for 2nd VD jewel - it's quite easy to place it (right under the left ET jewel but at cost of 4 skillpoints) and I use still 2 brawn. my gear and lvl should fit your requirements with ease.

the brawn left at bottom can be removed then, if your STR don't fall under 100 to spare 3 skillpoints (at cost of 20 STR and brawn)

You are right, I totally forgot that this is an Int socket. I think I was so caught up with that socket north-west and tried to make it work. It's just 4 points to get the second Violent Dead without losing strength anywhere else, like you said.

Why would you want to remove those points at the bottom left Brawn? Those two nodes + Brawn are around 80 strength, thats too good for just 3 points.
"

You are right, I totally forgot that this is an Int socket. I think I was so caught up with that socket north-west and tried to make it work. It's just 4 points to get the second Violent Dead without losing strength anywhere else, like you said.

So did I use the wrong spot for my 2nd Violent Dead jewel now!?

Which one is the best to make it work ?

Cheers
Last edited by Dan_Rey on Jun 22, 2018, 1:51:07 PM
Just wanted to add my experience with this build. This build is really nice! I haven't tried Shaper yet but uber Lab was a piece of cake. T15 maps are no problem at all too. At the moment I am at 5,1k life and 4,7k ES with 1203 strength. Good job with this build!

Here is my gear if anyone is interested (most expensive one was amulet). Empower is still at lv 2 but soon i hit lv 3 and swap it for multistrike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info