New player, did i scam this dude?

http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Harbinger&online=x&want=4&have=7

Hi
New around here, i was checking in poe.trade and was looking for chrome -> chaos
after looking for a while i saw that the common rate is 11.5:1 i guess ?

so i pasted the form "Hi i wanna trade 10 chaos for 114 chromes in ...." and just sent to all the seller in that poe.trade site

after a while this dude accept and i put my 114 for his 10.

Then he came up with this, im not even finished talking to him yet, kinda feel bad if i was scamming or sthin

dude if u're reading this just pm me back i will give the rest, just don't quite sure what the ratio u want

edited since the mod told me to censor the players, my bad sorry
Last edited by Baylenthesky on Oct 12, 2017, 2:27:54 AM
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2017, 10:44:01 AM
No, you didn't scam him
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Mostly his fault for not reading your whisper correctly but yeah, it's generally considered bad form to change the message you get from poe.trade and alter the price or ratio since a lot of people don't check it too closely. If his ratio was set up 50:600 then what you gave is out.

Better to send the default message and then another straight after with something like 'Would you take 10c for 114 chromes?"
Last edited by RandallPOE on Oct 11, 2017, 7:46:39 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Mostly his fault for not reading your whisper correctly but yeah, it's generally considered bad form to change the message you get from poe.trade and alter the price or ratio since a lot of people don't check it too closely. If his ratio was set up 50:600 then what you gave is out.

Better to send the default message and then another straight after with something like 'Would you take 10c for 114 chromes?"

o dang, i see it now, thanks for the tip

and do we have like an official website like frequently update the currency rate? i'm kinda lost in these too many currency form, chaos alter alchemy and ...

what is the best currency i should stack in term of useful in trading ?

thanks in advance
The ratios are not set in stone. You found someone who valued chromes more than the typical player and probably had a few thousand chaos stashed away. So he gave you a good deal. Not scamming... just being in the right place at the right time.
"
Baylenthesky wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:

o dang, i see it now, thanks for the tip

and do we have like an official website like frequently update the currency rate? i'm kinda lost in these too many currency form, chaos alter alchemy and ...

what is the best currency i should stack in term of useful in trading ?

thanks in advance

Yeah it's a pain getting your head around them. There isn't really anywhere that lists official rates since they fluctuate a lot over the course of a league. What you did to work it out is fairly sensible, you can always discount the ratio of the top handful of listings since they are generally price fixers who won't respond.

The vast majority of trades are carried out with chaos for cheaper items or exalts for the more expensive. For stuff worth under 1c most people aren't too picky.

It's 1 chrome isn't it? What's the bfd? lol
"
Baylenthesky wrote:
http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Harbinger&online=x&want=4&have=7

Hi
New around here, i was checking in poe.trade and was looking for chrome -> chaos
after looking for a while i saw that the common rate is 11.5:1 i guess ?

so i pasted the form "Hi i wanna trade 10 chaos for 114 chromes in ...." and just sent to all the seller in that poe.trade site

after a while this dude accept and i put my 114 for his 10.

Then he came up with this, im not even finished talking to him yet, kinda feel bad if i was scamming or sthin

[Removed by Support]

dude if u're reading this just pm me back i will give the rest, just don't quite sure what the ratio u want

Nope, you might have gotten like 4 chromes extra but sounds about right. 10:1 is the going rate.
There are asshat douche bags out there asking 1:1 jeweler chrome or even 2:1 chrome chaos but they are to be ignored.
GGG could care less who scams who. That's just the facts.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info